Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


The National Football League League News & Current Events

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan
 
Vinny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 50
Posts: 21,517
Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Turley wants to play Defensive End

Quote:
Report: Turley wants to play Defensive End

In an article in the San Diego Tribune, Brent Schrotenboer reports St. Louis Rams Offensive Tackle Kyle Turley is planning to switch to Defensive End.
Advertisment

The 29 year old Turley hasnít played Defensive End since high school. This is all dependent upon Turley passing a physical. Turley has lost a considerable amount of weight during the past three months. At one time Turley played at 309 pounds. His weight dropped to 235. Since working out in Tempe Arizona over the past few months, he has gotten his weight up to 260 pounds.

Turley and Rams coach Mike Martz got into a highly publicized got into a highly publicized shouting match which resulted in Martz calling NFL security and claiming that Turley threatened him.

Turley was a first round pick of the Saints in 1998 out of San Diego State. He was traded to the Rams in 2003 and signed a 6 year, $26.5 million contract. He had back surgery in March 2004 and left training camp last summer to seek additional opinions on his ailing back. He was placed on Injured Reserve and missed the entire 2004 season.
http://theredzone.org/news/showartic...ArticleID=2539
__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/TexansTalk


"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline  
Old 04-04-2005   #2
tacoman_j
Veteran
 
tacoman_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 30
Posts: 181
Rep Power: 0 tacoman_j is ridin' the pine
Talking He could be next Grant Wistrom

I'm in STL, and all they talked about last season was Grant Wistrom leaving to Seattle. Now, they would have another hustler David Pollack type playing defensive end opposite Leo Little. Rams should experiment w/ it.
tacoman_j is offline  
Old 04-05-2005   #3
outofhnd
All Pro
 
outofhnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 37
Posts: 723
Rep Power: 10 outofhnd is ridin' the pine
Default

What was the shouting match about?

The weight loss?

The fact he didnt want to play RT the position he signed that huge contract to play?
outofhnd is offline  
Old 04-05-2005   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad
 
texasguy346's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Deer Park, TX
Age: 31
Posts: 7,089
Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default

The shouting match was rumored to be about Martz accusing Turley of milking his injury, and stealing money from the Rams. Turley didn't take that too well, and the two apparently started shouting at one another. Martz called security to escort Turley out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
texasguy346 is offline  
Old 04-05-2005   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,472
Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

I'm not trying to jump to conclusions here, but with steroids running rampid in the media these days. The guy drops 70 pounds in three months. Also he has had well documented temper tantrums between him and his coach and does anyone remember when he flipped out and ripped that guys helmet off and threw it across the field. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Carr Bombed is offline  
Old 04-05-2005   #6
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
I'm not trying to jump to conclusions here, but with steroids running rampid in the media these days. The guy drops 70 pounds in three months. Also he has had well documented temper tantrums between him and his coach and does anyone remember when he flipped out and ripped that guys helmet off and threw it across the field. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
He didnt lose 70 lbs in 3 months, he lost 70 lbs in 9 months. 9 Months of not being able to get his body into the gym to lift any weights because of his back. 9 Months of close to no exercise of any kind. His intensity also brings up questions in your mind about steroids??? This must mean that 100% of boxers are juiced. I mean, one can't naturally have an intensity level high enough for them to pummel another guy and take a pummeling cleanly, right? I really hate this worldwide witch hunt and mass-paranoia thats after every athlete in every sport...ugh.
WildBlackBear32 is offline  
Old 04-05-2005   #7
Ranger
Veteran
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tidehaven
Age: 29
Posts: 105
Rep Power: 10 Ranger is ridin' the pine
Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger
Default

Why don't this guy just get the heck out of St. Louis? They are ruining his career, if it hasn't already happened. This reminds me of the Danny Ankiel situation with the Cardinals, after injury he couldn't pitch, he changed positions to the outfeild and couldn't make the team. Say bye-bye.
__________________
RANGER
GIT-R-DONE
Ranger is offline  
Sponsored links
Old 04-05-2005   #8
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame
 
TexansTrueFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Huntsville Tx
Age: 29
Posts: 2,600
Rep Power: 12 TexansTrueFan is a team player
Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default

yeah the guy does certainly have a temper, i remember the football helmet incedent !
TexansTrueFan is offline  
Old 04-05-2005   #9
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
Why don't this guy just get the heck out of St. Louis? They are ruining his career, if it hasn't already happened. This reminds me of the Danny Ankiel situation with the Cardinals, after injury he couldn't pitch, he changed positions to the outfeild and couldn't make the team. Say bye-bye.
Rick Ankiel and it wasnt an injury, it was control problems . At least money in the MLB is guarenteed!
WildBlackBear32 is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,472
Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
He didnt lose 70 lbs in 3 months, he lost 70 lbs in 9 months. 9 Months of not being able to get his body into the gym to lift any weights because of his back. 9 Months of close to no exercise of any kind. His intensity also brings up questions in your mind about steroids??? This must mean that 100% of boxers are juiced. I mean, one can't naturally have an intensity level high enough for them to pummel another guy and take a pummeling cleanly, right? I really hate this worldwide witch hunt and mass-paranoia thats after every athlete in every sport...ugh.
First of all I was just reading what the article said. It said he lost a considerable amount of weight in the past 3 months. Second don't even compare boxing to football and you no nothing about boxing and the mentality of a fighter, since I am a former golden gloves let me fill you in. Boxers aren't just raving animals that go into a ring a pummel their opponents. Boxing is just as a mental sport as it is physical and if you just walk into the ring swinging you'll have a bad day, you have to break your opponent down mentally before you can beat him physically. Thats why its called the Sweet Science. Great Boxers make it look like their just walking into the ring and start beating the **** out of someone, but what you don't see is the months of grueling physical training and hours of watching film of the opponent in the ring. Like I said Boxers aren't raging animals and once the fights over everything is left in the ring and they have the upmost respect for eachother, all that **** you see at the weigh-ins when fights break out are just a media ploy for pay-per-view ratings. Third growing up with a uncle that has been abusing steroids for almost 20 years, I know exactly what the signs are and what it does to your mind and how it affects your temper, it turns you into the definition of a *********. Why do you think it is that you always hear about these guys beating the **** out of their wifes and girlfriends. It is sad to see, I remember my uncle was a kind young man that had a short fuse and now his roid rage has gotton so bad he doesnt even talk to the family anymore cause he is so filled with anger. He can't even maintain relationships because of it and he has ran off ex-girlfriends who loved him dearly. So to sum it all up don't be so trustworthy and unassuming and until they make a sport where you run around and try to rip guys heads off it is unacceptable and there is something wrong with it.
Carr Bombed is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #11
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
First of all I was just reading what the article said. It said he lost a considerable amount of weight in the past 3 months. Second don't even compare boxing to football and you no nothing about boxing and the mentality of a fighter, since I am a former golden gloves let me fill you in. Boxers aren't just raving animals that go into a ring a pummel their opponents. Boxing is just as a mental sport as it is physical and if you just walk into the ring swinging you'll have a bad day, you have to break your opponent down mentally before you can beat him physically. Thats why its called the Sweet Science. Great Boxers make it look like their just walking into the ring and start beating the **** out of someone, but what you don't see is the months of grueling physical training and hours of watching film of the opponent in the ring. Like I said Boxers aren't raging animals and once the fights over everything is left in the ring and they have the upmost respect for eachother, all that **** you see at the weigh-ins when fights break out are just a media ploy for pay-per-view ratings. Third growing up with a uncle that has been abusing steroids for almost 20 years, I know exactly what the signs are and what it does to your mind and how it affects your temper, it turns you into the definition of a *********. Why do you think it is that you always hear about these guys beating the **** out of their wifes and girlfriends. It is sad to see, I remember my uncle was a kind young man that had a short fuse and now his roid rage has gotton so bad he doesnt even talk to the family anymore cause he is so filled with anger. He can't even maintain relationships because of it and he has ran off ex-girlfriends who loved him dearly. So to sum it all up don't be so trustworthy and unassuming and until they make a sport where you run around and try to rip guys heads off it is unacceptable and there is something wrong with it.
First of all, the article stated that he lost considerable weight in 3 months, not 70 lbs like you claimed.

Secondly, the word is "know" not "no".

Lastly, Thanks, I boxed Silver Gloves and Independant New England Amateur Regionals for 5 years, I know a bit about the sport, thats why I brought it up as an example. Your little thing about your uncle was sweet and all, but it has nothing to do with your witch hunt against Kyle Turley. I know a craps load more than the average bear about performance enhancing supplements from my time training 7 days a week, 5 hours a day with 10 out of 50 guys who were juiced. Hell, I've even dabbed into the steroid wasteland before at the advisory of my personal trainer and personal nutritionist. Not all steroids make people into the cliche "roid ragers". 1-ADV is a steroid I know has this "rage" side effect. SVO is a supplement which has completely opposite mental effects, it makes a person depressed. There are two extremes to the steroid spectrum, depression and rage. People need to stop the stupid accusations of all intense athletes being juiced. Hell, if you want me to throw out a name, I'd probably tell you that Barrett Robbins was juiced out of his mind as well. Literally.
WildBlackBear32 is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,472
Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
First of all, the article stated that he lost considerable weight in 3 months, not 70 lbs like you claimed.

Secondly, the word is "know" not "no".

Lastly, Thanks, I boxed Silver Gloves and Independant New England Amateur Regionals for 5 years, I know a bit about the sport, thats why I brought it up as an example. Your little thing about your uncle was sweet and all, but it has nothing to do with your witch hunt against Kyle Turley. I know a craps load more than the average bear about performance enhancing supplements from my time training 7 days a week, 5 hours a day with 10 out of 50 guys who were juiced. Hell, I've even dabbed into the steroid wasteland before at the advisory of my personal trainer and personal nutritionist. Not all steroids make people into the cliche "roid ragers". 1-ADV is a steroid I know has this "rage" side effect. SVO is a supplement which has completely opposite mental effects, it makes a person depressed. There are two extremes to the steroid spectrum, depression and rage. People need to stop the stupid accusations of all intense athletes being juiced. Hell, if you want me to throw out a name, I'd probably tell you that Barrett Robbins was juiced out of his mind as well. Literally.
First of all I really doubt you ever boxed at all, seeing how you were totally off base with your first post. Second the thing with my uncle is not "sweet" (and the fact that you referred to it in that mannar shows me that you have absolutely no class and I really don't care or value anything you have to say)its a tragedy and the only reason I shared that personal information was in hope that if there is someone out there thinking about trying roids, it might change there mind. Finally how is someone (me) who starts out in their post "I'm not jumping to conclusions here" leading a witch hunt against Turely. Also your so quick to jump up and defend these guys, but according to "YOU!". Steriods must be a bigger problem than I even thought If a amatuer "boxer" as you call yourself and all his boxing buddies were doing steriods. I mean my god think about how bad it must be on the pro level esspecialy since these players have MUCH more to gain than you in terms of multi-million dollar contracts. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You see that is where you story is absolutely filled with holes. Any amatuer athlete that used or was surrounded by steroids would have more reason to be skeptical of today's players than anyone else out there. Either your flat out lying or your the biggest moron on this board, either way it doesn't look good.
Carr Bombed is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #13
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
First of all I really doubt you ever boxed at all, seeing how you were totally off base with your first post.
To start, You aren't hurting my feelings by not believing if I've boxed in my life. I mean, there is so much to gain by lying on the internet.

How was I off base? Mr. De La Hoya, are you seriously going to tell me that boxers arent intense in the ring??

Quote:
Finally how is someone (me) who starts out in their post "I'm not jumping to conclusions here" leading a witch hunt against Turely. Also your so quick to jump up and defend these guys, but according to "YOU!".
Yes, you did say you arent jumping to conclusions. However, you listed two of the "traditional" steroid-type symptoms(rapid weight loss and intensity) then proceeded to slap a teaser like, "kinda makes you wonder?". Wait, you arent jumping to conclusions, BUT it makes you wonder if a guy is juiced or not??? Pick one route.


Quote:
Steriods must be a bigger problem than I even thought If a amatuer "boxer" as you call yourself and all his boxing buddies were doing steriods. I mean my god think about how bad it must be on the pro level esspecialy since these players have MUCH more to gain than you in terms of multi-million dollar contracts.
Who's to say I have nothing to gain??? I am of age to be drafted into the NHL. I have extremely solid boxing tools and quite an impressive amateur record, who's to say I have nothing to gain?? You say you dont like to jump to conclusions, but you seem to love to spew BS about me "lying" and making assumptions about me.

Quote:
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You see that is where you story is absolutely filled with holes. Any amatuer athlete that used or was surrounded by steroids would have more reason to be skeptical of today's players than anyone else out there. Either your flat out lying or your the biggest moron on this board, either way it doesn't look good.
You're lack of ability to spell "know" doesnt suggest that im the biggest moron on this board...

To the point however, Steroids ARE a bigger problem than most people can possibly imagine(BTW, I also played hockey and lacrosse in high school, so I had to lose/gain 30 lbs in a matter of 6-8 weeks between the end of my boxing training and the beginning of hockey training, thus my assistants going over the possiblity with me). Perhaps it was just at my school(private, prep) because everyone had the money and resources to get "helpers" if they wanted them, but I will tell you there were more than a handful of hockey, football, lacrosse and baseball players all on the juice. I'd also have a handful of guys who WEREN'T on it, asking me where to find it, because my frame and "on-field attitude" suggested that I WAS on steroids.

I have no reason to be skeptical of anyone. Want to know why? Because I'm not ignorant. I don't make assumptions, just because a guy is intense and loses weight from not being able to move for a year, that he's juiced.

But hey, do your thing. Don't "jump to conclusions" but continue to present evidence against a player who (I doubt) you even know, to sway the public's image on that guy.
WildBlackBear32 is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame
 
TexansTrueFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Huntsville Tx
Age: 29
Posts: 2,600
Rep Power: 12 TexansTrueFan is a team player
Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default

now now now boys do we need to pull out the boxing gloves, and we all hate to see mr lock come out
TexansTrueFan is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #15
michaelm
vox nihili
 
michaelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 648
Age: 48
Posts: 5,472
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Carr Bomb, not to put words into his mouth, but in WildBlackBear32s initial statement about boxers, it seemed like he was saying that all boxers ARE NOT juiced, but people assume they are based on their intensity... I think he was saying that they CAN have that level of intensity without steroids and it ticks him off that people assume 'roids because the athlete is intense...
I could have misinterpreted, but that's how I took it when I first read his post.
If that's the case, you may have read it the opposite.
I'm not taking sides, but if you went off on him based on an erroneous interpretation of his post, I think you owe him an apology.
Of course, if you didn't and I am wrong, then you have mine...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Our LB corps is a dumpster fire.
michaelm is offline  
Old 04-06-2005   #16
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Carr Bomb, not to put words into his mouth, but in WildBlackBear32s initial statement about boxers, it seemed like he was saying that all boxers ARE NOT juiced, but people assume they are based on their intensity... I think he was saying that they CAN have that level of intensity without steroids and it ticks him off that people assume 'roids because the athlete is intense...
Ding Ding! Thank you! Someone gets it.
WildBlackBear32 is offline  
Old 04-07-2005   #17
Youngstown Colt
All Pro
 
Youngstown Colt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Age: 29
Posts: 997
Rep Power: 10 Youngstown Colt is ridin' the pine
Default

To add onto the turley not being on roids, I add this.

A few years back a fullback for Penn State suffered a back injury and was forced to undergo back surgery. Well, this once mammoth man who made me turn around and go home if he was in the wieght room I was going to (in shame of lifting my little weights in his presence) was now a shell of that man. He dropped massive amounts of weight, and now I was the one dwarfing him with my lifts. Back surgery can effect everything you do.
__________________
"If you're flammable and have legs you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch
Youngstown Colt is offline  
Old 04-07-2005   #18
michaelm
vox nihili
 
michaelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Section: 648
Age: 48
Posts: 5,472
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlackBear32
Ding Ding! Thank you! Someone gets it.
I get lucky every once in awhile...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Our LB corps is a dumpster fire.
michaelm is offline  
Old 04-07-2005   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,472
Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Carr Bomb, not to put words into his mouth, but in WildBlackBear32s initial statement about boxers, it seemed like he was saying that all boxers ARE NOT juiced, but people assume they are based on their intensity... I think he was saying that they CAN have that level of intensity without steroids and it ticks him off that people assume 'roids because the athlete is intense...
I could have misinterpreted, but that's how I took it when I first read his post.
If that's the case, you may have read it the opposite.
I'm not taking sides, but if you went off on him based on an erroneous interpretation of his post, I think you owe him an apology.
Of course, if you didn't and I am wrong, then you have mine...
Ill go ahead and comment on this, but this will be my last post in this thread, because I'm not going to allow this guy try to pull me down in the gutter he lives in. I was not upset with his description of boxers. I was upset with how he said the reference to my uncle was "sweet" and shocked at his obvious atempts to bend the truth. First off he says he's a boxer and fought in the regionals for 5 years and he says he's 18. Then he says his own trainer asked him and pushed steroids on him. That to me is just unbelievable and I'm shocked that so far I'm the only one to question this. First of all If he's 18 then he's just a kid and no trainer in their right mind would ever think of giving a kid steroids, not only because its unmoral, but it is just playing with fire. At that age kids hormones are flying around everywhere and taking steroids during that period is like thowing gasoline on a blazing fire. Also another reason why I don't believe anything he is saying is because the last thing a boxer would want to do at that age is to take steroids simply for the fact that he would not be able to maintain his weight and push himself straight out of his weight class. Any trainer in his right mind would allow his boxer to naturaly grow into his weight class just like every other boxer. Beleive it or not boxing is one of the cleanest sports (whens the last time yall heard of a boxer on roids) and thats for good reason. As far as this guy, he has lost all credibility with me. Next he's going to come on here and tell me that he's not 18, which will just be another lie. The fact that he comes on here and tells me his trainer gave him roids at that age in one of the cleanest sports tells me all I need to "know"-oh yeah I learned a new word- just because someone has a typo doesn't mean they don't know (man I'm getting good with that word) how to spell.
Carr Bombed is offline  
Old 04-07-2005   #20
WildBlackBear32
All Pro
 
WildBlackBear32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maine
Age: 27
Posts: 967
Rep Power: 10 WildBlackBear32 is a team player
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb
Ill go ahead and comment on this, but this will be my last post in this thread, because I'm not going to allow this guy try to pull me down in the gutter he lives in. I was not upset with his description of boxers. I was upset with how he said the reference to my uncle was "sweet" and shocked at his obvious atempts to bend the truth. First off he says he's a boxer and fought in the regionals for 5 years and he says he's 18. Then he says his own trainer asked him and pushed steroids on him. That to me is just unbelievable and I'm shocked that so far I'm the only one to question this. First of all If he's 18 then he's just a kid and no trainer in their right mind would ever think of giving a kid steroids, not only because its unmoral, but it is just playing with fire. At that age kids hormones are flying around everywhere and taking steroids during that period is like thowing gasoline on a blazing fire. Also another reason why I don't believe anything he is saying is because the last thing a boxer would want to do at that age is to take steroids simply for the fact that he would not be able to maintain his weight and push himself straight out of his weight class. Any trainer in his right mind would allow his boxer to naturaly grow into his weight class just like every other boxer. Beleive it or not boxing is one of the cleanest sports (whens the last time yall heard of a boxer on roids) and thats for good reason. As far as this guy, he has lost all credibility with me. Next he's going to come on here and tell me that he's not 18, which will just be another lie. The fact that he comes on here and tells me his trainer gave him roids at that age in one of the cleanest sports tells me all I need to "know"-oh yeah I learned a new word- just because someone has a typo doesn't mean they don't know (man I'm getting good with that word) how to spell.
Few things...

1. If I live in a gutter, I'm LOVING the view. Most people would KILL to be where I am.

2. A person at 18 becomes of legal consent/legal adult.

3. Contrary to popular belief, people don't always act on status quo. Should my trainer have introduced the idea of performance enhancers with me? Probably not. Did he go over the idea with my coaches and mother first, before even presenting the idea to me? Yes and every one of them know how hard I train and I still often fail my goals, thus the performance enhancers may have been whats best for me, based on my body composition and the way my body takes in certain substances.

4. When you are a good athlete, people always want their piece of the pie in terms of your development in case you make it big. Either it be sponsors, coaches, trainers, nutrionalists, parents, everyone loves the spotlight a great athlete brings to the area.

5. Please read what I type before posting. I specifically said I need to gain 30 lbs AFTER Boxing season, to get ready for hockey. Use your noggin here, how am I going to push myself out of my weight class when I'm done with Boxing in time for Hockey?

6. Don't be so shocked that you are the only one who is "shocked" at my life. Go outside. Talk to good athletes who have personal trainers and nutritionalists. Hell, talk to any athlete who thinks they need an "edge". There's a huge world outside of this computer screen, you know.

7. I never said my trainer gave me anything illegal. I'm really starting to think literacy isnt your cup of tea.

8. Continue to assume things about me and call me a liar. It really doesn't matter to me how one sheltered individual on the internet who seems to be totally oblivious to the world, inside athletics, views me. Like I said, there's a ton to gain by lying on the internet right?
WildBlackBear32 is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger