Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2010   #1
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak to Denver?

Is the stage set for Kubiak to take over the reigns in Denver? It sure looks like a possibility with the odd timed firing of Josh McDaniels. Maybe behind the scenes Bob McNair and Pat Bowlen have discussed Kubiak's future. You know how McNair tends to be too nice to people he really likes. Just a thought.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Kubiak to Denver?

I doubt it bruh.

However...I know a few Broncos fans and they wouldn't mind seeing Kubes go there. Not that it means much, just saying.

I do know that Bowlen loves Kubiak and would have made him the coach if he hadn't bounced already.
Old 12-09-2010   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think the game at Denver might be a tryout if we lose the next two.
Old 12-09-2010   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Is the stage set for Kubiak to take over the reigns in Denver? It sure looks like a possibility with the odd timed firing of Josh McDaniels. Maybe behind the scenes Bob McNair and Pat Bowlen have discussed Kubiak's future. You know how McNair tends to be too nice to people he really likes. Just a thought.
I'm just curious, even if Bowlen did want to hire Kubiak if available, what sort of discussions between he and McNair would make any sort of sense to be taking place (for either side?)
Old 12-09-2010   #5
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 282 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

Or Urban Meyer? Reunited with Tebow.
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak is such a good fit in Denver why not in Houston? Ownership loves his team first, good guys finish first approach.

If anybody could make Tebow work in the NFL its Oregon HC Chip Kelly. He would use the altitude in his favor, keep with the traditional small, quicker, value added positional players like Elvis Dumervil & on sheer conditioning alone whip up teams if they don't get to em early.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #7
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think it will be Frank Bush.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2010   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the ass.
take your carebear attitude and your aww shucks persona and get the hell outta here.
Old 12-09-2010   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
good riddance and don't let the door hit you in the ass.
take your carebear attitude and your aww shucks persona and get the hell outta here.
Wade Phillips was already fired homie.
Old 12-09-2010   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Denver position being open only makes it more difficult for McNair to let Kubiak go, in the event we do not go on the 4th Annual Wayne Fontes Memorial Run. McNair has the "asset" signed through 2011, there is value in that asset due to the current market and with a potential lockout.
Old 12-09-2010   #11
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think Pat Bolen is just like the other owners and coaches who had a Hall of Famer make them look smarter than they really are and its all coming out in the wash. After Elway retired he allowed Shanny Sr. to bring in thug after thug and continue to struggle to hold that team together rather than rebuild. His fires Shanny to rebuild but goes and hires a fresh faced kid and gives him the keys to the store. Then when his team suffer from typical rebuilding woes from a lack of talent he fires the kid with games still yet to be played and a lockout looming without a real coaching candidate to to over.

I dont think Mcdaniels was ready for that kid of responsibility but I agree with Mike Lombardi that owners often times are their own worst enemy! They dont like the system they currently run so they bring in a new coaching staff for change. Then they dont have the fortitude to ride out the rough times with losses and booing fans while the right talent is acquired for the change. So now Denver needs a new coach to come in during what looks like a lock out off season and still dont have much top of the line talent. Then theirs the Texans. Lots of talent and an owner that thinks he is doing the right thing in giving his coach plenty of time and not making a change but is most likely just delaying the inevitable.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak to Denver
Music to my ears that makes my heart dance.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen.
Old 12-09-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

yeah I can see you death metal style

http://www.last.fm/listen/artist/Whi...similarartists

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I'm afraid I'm in agreement on both points.

Old 12-09-2010   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish. I really, really wish.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #16
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 18146 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm afraid I'm in agreement on both points.

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #17
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Sterling Sharpe on Thurday night kickoff just said that kubiak is the perfect coach for denver...so pink soaps might get there wish come true.
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #18
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 25668 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Darn, when I opened this thread, I was hoping for a legitimate source. Oh well, let's get rid of Frank Bush first. Like. Right now. This second. Before the Ravens game. Do it. Fire him. Fire Frank Bush.
Old 12-09-2010   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The Denver position being open only makes it more difficult for McNair to let Kubiak go, in the event we do not go on the 4th Annual Wayne Fontes Memorial Run. McNair has the "asset" signed through 2011, there is value in that asset due to the current market and with a potential lockout.
4th Annual Wayne Fontes Memorial Run.

OMG! LMAO!

:crying2:
Old 12-09-2010   #20
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I sure as hell hope so. As soon as I heard McDaniels was fired, I made this.

I just don't think he will be gone though. Unless they completely fold, I think McNair will keep him around.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read