Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2010   #1
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Some Sugar-Coated Medicine for Monday Night

I'm in the midst of writing an enormous article outlining the failings of the organization over the past five years. However, I also have these pesky tickets to the game on Monday night. Not only that, but the freakin' Colts keep losing and the mathmetician in me keeps crunching numbers. Remarkably, we are still in this thing. So, for those of you struggling emotionally to get up for the game on Monday, I put together something to inspire us for the next few days. By the way, if the Colts lose at Tennessee and the Jags lose at Oakland this Sunday, the Texans will control their own destiny!

click here if you are interested in sappiness
Old 12-08-2010   #2
BetaV1
Veteran

Rep Power: 3509 BetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBetaV1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some Sugar-Coated Medicine for Monday Night

So what you're saying is this game has the potential to be the most important game in Texans history. Yippee!

I kid, I kid. I'm honestly trying to not get my hopes up because this team always has a way of ignoring destiny's sexual advances and standing her up on a big date, only to watch some dweeb scoop her on the rebound. The level of excitement off the field is only and always matched by disappointment on the field.

Every time I'm ready to throw the dirt on the team, I come to Texans Talk and some nut deciphers the weekly mystery of "How can the Texans make the playoffs now?" and suddenly I'm sitting in front of the television with a bowl of popcorn, a smile, and in the prime position to receive my weekly kick in the crotch.

Awesome blog, by the way.
BetaV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #3
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

How many of theses most important games in franchise history have we won 0 sheesh. Well heres to it ending sometime.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #4
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
How many of theses most important games in franchise history have we won 0 sheesh. Well heres to it ending sometime.
We won a couple of them last year:

at Miami, vs. New England...

that New England game was a pretty cool experience. We were kinda, sorta in the postseason for about 4 hours.
Old 12-08-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

that New England game was a pretty cool experience. We were kinda, sorta in the postseason for about 4 hours.
And we beat Indy in the first game this year.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaV1 View Post
Every time I'm ready to throw the dirt on the team, I come to Texans Talk and some nut deciphers the weekly mystery of "How can the Texans make the playoffs now?" and suddenly I'm sitting in front of the television with a bowl of popcorn, a smile, and in the prime position to receive my weekly kick in the crotch.
Is there any other way of life as a Texans fan?

I'm in the midst of teaching my daughter that rooting for the Texans means you're going to get your heart broken over and over...but you just can't say "no thanks".

Now my daughter comes and gives me hugs whenever the Texans screw up. She's given me a lot of hugs this year...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
And we beat Indy in the first game this year.
We need to give Gary another 2 year extension
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2010   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If the Texans win out, they'll likely be in the same position as last year, which is to say that the most important game in the Texans' franchise history will be played by two other teams while the Texans watch and pray. The Texans continue to lose the most important games they play, thus putting themselves in that position. If they would have taken care of business to this point, there wouldn't be a bunch of optimist mathematicians trying desperately to find a way to justify their optimism.

The Texans are done. Play with the math all you want, but in a season when the Colts declined and the division was open to them, they did what we all should have expected them to do - they choked.
Old 12-08-2010   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If the Texans win out, they'll likely be in the same position as last year, which is to say that the most important game in the Texans' franchise history will be played by two other teams while the Texans watch and pray. The Texans continue to lose the most important games they play, thus putting themselves in that position. If they would have taken care of business to this point, there wouldn't be a bunch of optimist mathematicians trying desperately to find a way to justify their optimism.

The Texans are done. Play with the math all you want, but in a season when the Colts declined and the division was open to them, they did what we all should have expected them to do - they choked.
I do not approve of this attitude. Please look away... there is nothing to see here.
Old 12-08-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 282867 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I do not approve of this attitude. Please look away... there is nothing to see here.
LOL, I came by this attitude honestly - I earned it as a Texans fan. Unlike some, I can be taught.
Old 12-08-2010   #11
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sitting at 5-7 and having to hope multiple other teams lose so we have a super small shot at making the play offs, sorry I can't get to excited over that. The Texans would also have to win out for the remainder of the season, with our defense there is a slim to none chance that happens(there is the annual end of year 4 game win streak, thats why I allowed for the slim chance). For 11 out of 12 games I have sat here an watched the D get torched in every conceivable fashion, I have seen nothing that would or should make me expect anything different.

Go Texans
Old 12-08-2010   #12
BullsOnParade
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 283 BullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respectedBullsOnParade is a quality contributor and well respected

We're doomed.
BullsOnParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

I was thinking of doing an [/thread] here....

But your post was so succinct and so brilliantly constructed, that it's this:

[/forum]
Old 12-08-2010   #14
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Our Texans are playing on Monday night. The biggest stage in Football. You pansies can kiss my ass! I will be there, all in RED screaming my ass off for the team I love! There is a chance to make the playoffs, and lesser teams have done it! We have one hurdle in front of us and that is the Ravens....who we CAN beat!
4 games! that's it! 4 lousy games!
Our Defense has improved as of late! It's not over! IT'S FAR FROM OVER!
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!!! But I digress...

This could be YOUR LAST Monday Night game until 2012!
So let's get our collective, down in the dumps, woe is me asses up for one more BATTLE RED experience and kick some Raven tail! Now, who is with me?!?
I want to stagger over to the hotel and be totally deaf from my brethren voices screaming VICTORY!!!
Thanks to Dale for the thread...It was needed
That is all
GO TEXANS!

and due to nbc copyright infringements, the motivational speech has a freakin dog in it!
For me, will y'all please imagine TORO in the dogs place?
THANKS

motivational speech
Old 12-09-2010   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Our Texans are playing on Monday night. The biggest stage in Football. You pansies can kiss my ass! I will be there, all in RED screaming my ass off for the team I love! There is a chance to make the playoffs, and lesser teams have done it! We have one hurdle in front of us and that is the Ravens....who we CAN beat!

So let's get our collective, down in the dumps, woe is me asses up for one more BATTLE RED experience and kick some Raven tail! Now, who is with me?!?
I want to stagger over to the hotel and be totally deaf from my brethren voices screaming VICTORY!!!
That is all
GO TEXANS!

and due to nbc copyright infringements, the motivational speech has a freakin dog in it!
THANKS

motivational speech

You crazy b-stard!! You, sir, are an inspiration.
Old 12-09-2010   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I forgot all about Battle Red week. Oh it's on now.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If our team does tank it this season and miss out on playoffs, let's at least hope the talking heads get off of our bandwagon altogether and just stop talking that the next season is our year, simply due to the fact that i want my sunday games back. Primetime games are fun and everything on occasion, but traditionally we aren't that spectacular in them and i think Sunday afternoon football is what it's all about. We've had FOUR SUNDAYS this season of no Texans to root for, i'm not a fan of that.

But nonetheless, Monday night, i'll be sporting my red and cheering my ass off for the glimmer of hope that we still have.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post

That is all
GO TEXANS!

THANKS

motivational speech
Thats the spirit
Old 12-09-2010   #19
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

... and that means I have to root for the Titans tonight? No thanks.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
"So you're telling me there's a chance?"

... and that means I have to root for the Titans tonight? No thanks.
With someone NOT named VY at QB it'll be 'easier' for me

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read