Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-08-2010   #1
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer
Default New York City Houston Texan Game Watching Party

The power of the social media has allowed us to find a Texan bar in New York City.

This Monday night at 8, the Idle Hands bar in Manhattan (Alphabet City area) will be showing the game on 3 HD screens with several Texan friendly drink specials.

The bar is located on Ave B b/w 2nd and 3rd street: www.idlehandsbar.com

Currently, we have about 10-15 steady Texan fans.

Drop me an email if you want more info...

nandagiri at hotmail dot com
NYCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New York City Houston Texan Game Watching Party

Wow, biggest city in the country and a whole 10-15 texans fans! Your a hearty bunch, I'm sure. Have fun!
Old 12-08-2010   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Wow, biggest city in the country and a whole 10-15 texans fans! Your a hearty bunch, I'm sure. Have fun!
If they're steady attendees... then they're worlds better than Austinite fans. I wish we had 10-15 every week at a bar.

Alhough, I am guilty of being one who's not interested in going but that's more of a handicap accessibility issue. I heard a rumor that an advocacy group was going to court vs several bars/restaurants here in town for their lack of captioning. The issue is really bad here which is ironic because Austin is in the top three for most populous Deaf community in the US.

Back to topic, I miss Houston and New York sounds way cooler than Austin for Texans fans so there!
Old 12-08-2010   #4
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
If they're steady attendees... then they're worlds better than Austinite fans. I wish we had 10-15 every week at a bar.

Alhough, I am guilty of being one who's not interested in going but that's more of a handicap accessibility issue. I heard a rumor that an advocacy group was going to court vs several bars/restaurants here in town for their lack of captioning. The issue is really bad here which is ironic because Austin is in the top three for most populous Deaf community in the US.

Back to topic, I miss Houston and New York sounds way cooler than Austin for Texans fans so there!
Well to be fair the games aren't shown on TV in NY, so if you want to see it you gotta shell out the bucks for Sunday ticket or go to a bar. We have had some pretty good get togethers in Round Rock when games weren't on the network channels.

Cool to hear there are some good Texans fans up in NYC though.
Old 12-08-2010   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTexan View Post
The power of the social media has allowed us to find a Texan bar in New York City.

This Monday night at 8, the Idle Hands bar in Manhattan (Alphabet City area) will be showing the game on 3 HD screens with several Texan friendly drink specials.

The bar is located on Ave B b/w 2nd and 3rd street: www.idlehandsbar.com

Currently, we have about 10-15 steady Texan fans.

Drop me an email if you want more info...

nandagiri at hotmail dot com

That's really cool!!! Truthfully, I would love to be there! I wanna go to NY and see Lombardi on Broadway before it goes away. You all have fun and we'll send a toast your way from the Blue Crew!!! Rep us well, we need all the help we can get!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, if I ever get up that way, and I just might one day. The wife and I want to spend a weekend up there sometime, we'll have to make it football season.

Old 12-09-2010   #7
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer

It is true, that typically Texans games are not going to be the main game on in NYC, especially since the Giants and Jets take precedence and they are on opposing networks.

The sad thing has been, that when I googled Texans or NFL bars by team, when queried about the Texans, one site resulted in this "Are you kidding?"

That is the state of affairs in Manhattan. However, I, and our fellow Texans have started a campaign to be warm and accomodating to tourists and fellow Southerners who have reverse carpet bagged and come up here. We aim to make everyone love Texas and Texans.

So back to the topic - we have 10-15 regulars and about 5-7 friends of Texans' fans. I KNOW there are more of us, its just that the team is mired in mediocrity and therefore, fans are not going to be motivated to get out and sit with strangers, albeit who would be wearing the same colors.

And I have persuaded my NY born and raised fiancee' to watch the games with me. She gets freaked at my emotional outbursts (she is a Yankee/baseball fan and is a Psychiatrist so....) but has been to 4 of the game watching parties.

Just as an FYI - the Longhorn alumni group in NYC is about ~400-500 people now. They fill up two huge bars for their football games.

Now, if we could just win and win and win, the bandwagon will grow. But you can bet that if any of yall come up here, we will be watching and supporting our boys in the Steel Blue.
NYCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2010   #8
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

ZX758 who is on here sometimes lives in the city along with his brother.

Hill Country BBQ is the official bar of the Longhorns, Texans, Rockets and Astros

Problem is they only have a few tvs but you get sound.

Whenever I was in the city we would just hit up the opposing teams bar for sound

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Now other people in da bar will say AYEEEEE Weure Da GIants GAME !!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read