Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How can I get Andre Johnson to sign my jersey?

I am looking to frame my authentic AJ jersey, and need it signed. Is the only chance to get stuff signed by him durring the season ticket holder meet and greet at the beginning of each season?

Thanks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #2
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover
Default Re: How can I get Andre Johnson to sign my jersey?

Last summer around June he did the Tristar autograph show here in Houston (Schaub, Cushing, Kareem, & Foster did as well). You however have to pay for those autographs ....Andre was about $100 for a jersey. Not sure if he will be on the guest list again this year.
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUFan View Post
Last summer around June he did the Tristar autograph show here in Houston (Schaub, Cushing, Kareem, & Foster did as well). You however have to pay for those autographs ....Andre was about $100 for a jersey. Not sure if he will be on the guest list again this year.
Cool thanks. I wish I could just mail it to him and pay the $100 for him to sign it. I live in SA so I cant always make those events, especially the ones durring the work week.
Old 12-08-2010   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: How can I get Andre Johnson to sign my jersey?

AJ is really hard to get - I have gotten him:

-by lucking into the line at the All Access event
-at the bowling event only because my wife knows Tony Wiley
-at a Verizon appearance when I got there at 5 AM (and was one of the LAST people in line to get an autograph)

The problem when he does free events is 8736580712652365 people show up.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
AJ is really hard to get - I have gotten him:

-by lucking into the line at the All Access event
-at the bowling event only because my wife knows Tony Wiley
-at a Verizon appearance when I got there at 5 AM (and was one of the LAST people in line to get an autograph)

The problem when he does free events is 8736580712652365 people show up.
I got Andre, DeMeco, and Dunta at their annual First and Ten youth minicamp. Not too many people really... if you have a kid between the ages of 8-14 or something like that... go! You'll get an autograph from the camp hosts and trainers. Cage, my boy, got like 10 players on a single shirt.

Through your children will come autograph glory...
Old 12-08-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw Andre and Vonta last night at the Rockets game. They walked right past us as they were heading into the Garage...

I would say, go to more Rockets games...Bring an attractive female with you and have her ask him to sign it for you.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you stand at the gate at Mcnee st and waight we got several autographs from different people Arron Glenn being my favorite. You must wait till practice is over and they leave, but it is a way to get the autographs
Old 12-08-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it's not AJ, but the Hammer
Quote:
Signing autographs and taking pic today at Texan pro shop from 6pm-7pm
Link
Old 12-08-2010   #9
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I got Andre, DeMeco, and Dunta at their annual First and Ten youth minicamp. Not too many people really... if you have a kid between the ages of 8-14 or something like that... go! You'll get an autograph from the camp hosts and trainers. Cage, my boy, got like 10 players on a single shirt.

Through your children will come autograph glory...
There are two ways to read this.

Go kidnap a kid and sneak him into the camp. Make sure he's between 8 and 14.

OR

Impregnate a female now and hope he is still playing in 2020.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #10
Element1337
Veteran

Rep Power: 67 Element1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respected

How much would you pay me to take it on consignment? I can probably get it signed, or I can contact a few people who may be able to have something set up.
Element1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #11
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

For $20.00 and a six pack I'll sign Andre Johnson on there for ya.

Hell for $100.00 I'll sign Babe Ruth on a baseball for ya.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #12
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element1337 View Post
How much would you pay me to take it on consignment? I can probably get it signed, or I can contact a few people who may be able to have something set up.
I dont know. I would probably want to see him sign it in person and know that its real.

Set it up for Andre to come to my house in San Antonio to sign my jersey. Ill make sandwiches for everyone!
Old 12-10-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I saw Andre and Vonta last night at the Rockets game. They walked right past us as they were heading into the Garage...

I would say, go to more Rockets games...Bring an attractive female with you and have her ask him to sign it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
If you stand at the gate at Mcnee st and waight we got several autographs from different people Arron Glenn being my favorite. You must wait till practice is over and they leave, but it is a way to get the autographs
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I know it's not AJ, but the Hammer

Link
I live in SA. Not really a way to do any of those suggestions. But thanks!
Old 12-10-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I live in SA. Not really a way to do any of those suggestions. But thanks!
Try sending him a sincere letter. You never know
Old 12-10-2010   #15
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Try sending him a sincere letter. You never know
I might try that! Not sure where i'd send it to. haha
Old 12-10-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
I might try that! Not sure where i'd send it to. haha
Send it addressed to him in care of the Texans. Explain your situation and what you want to do and ask him if he has any advice for you.
Old 12-10-2010   #17
Blake
MMQB

Found this little bit via google.

http://www.fanmail.biz/90055.html
Old 12-10-2010   #18
Element1337
Veteran

Rep Power: 67 Element1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respectedElement1337 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am looking to frame my authentic AJ jersey, and need it signed. Is the only chance to get stuff signed by him durring the season ticket holder meet and greet at the beginning of each season?

Thanks.
I would hold off on sending Andre stuff through the mail, but it's worth a shot. Although you could lose your jersey or it'll take years to get back.
Element1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #19
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks.
Just give the jersey to me and I'll sign his name on it and you'd never know the difference. Personally I've never understood the meaning behind why people want autographs from other people. It's just some random scribble of a signature. Now if it's some autograph on a baseball or something or a football to where it's worth tons and tons of money, I can understand that from a "value" standpoint, but just wanting an autograph of something has always been meaningless to me.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Just give the jersey to me and I'll sign his name on it and you'd never know the difference. Personally I've never understood the meaning behind why people want autographs from other people. It's just some random scribble of a signature. Now if it's some autograph on a baseball or something or a football to where it's worth tons and tons of money, I can understand that from a "value" standpoint, but just wanting an autograph of something has always been meaningless to me.
Signed jerseys can fetch a pretty penny. More than balls at times...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read