Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-07-2010   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ndamukong Suh

Dude is on first and 10 on ESPN sporting a Michael Jackson Sequined glove on one hand, I got to say "COME ON MAN" but I guess if he wants it he can have it.
Old 12-07-2010   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Edomekhun Suh [sp]

Ndamukong Suh

How has he been playing this year? I have not really heard.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems to be playing alright getting called for hitting Cutler and landing an interview about it, Mario can Kill a quarterback and not get an interview
Old 12-07-2010   #4
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Suh is a beast, 49 tackles 8 sacks and 1 INT...he's pretty much a lock for DROY. Add in the factor that he's playing for the Detroit Lions and his stats look that much more appealing. If the Lions can build around Suh on D the guy will be a monster in this league.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Dude is on first and 10 on ESPN sporting a Michael Jackson Sequined glove on one hand, I got to say "COME ON MAN" but I guess if he wants it he can have it.
You couldn't like do a Google search to get his name right before making the thread? LOL. But yeah, Suh is definitely a beast. DROY for sure and he'll be a force for years to come. And about the glove, he is signing it and auctioning it off for a Detroit charity. For that, I said, "well done man".
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Ndamukong Suh

How has he been playing this year? I have not really heard.

He is one of the few draft picks that all the "analysts" got correctly as the second coming of Reggie White. Even at an average weight of 300-Lbs, he's done things that Amobi Okoye dreams he could do (shed blockers and stop the running back before he even crossed the LOS, manhandle offensive linemen and get QB sacks, record an INT, make everyone around him look like a star, etc).

I hope he has a long and illustrious career because the Lions need him to help their defense out. Future Hall of Famer anyone?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #7
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I hope he has a long and illustrious career because the Lions need him to help their defense out. Future Hall of Famer anyone?
I don't want to jinx him by saying he's a lock...but if he keeps this up and continues to improve, the sky is the limit for Suh. I'm glad the Lions drafted Suh, it gives their fan's some sort of hope of getting better in the future.
Sponsored links
Old 12-07-2010   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Leading up to the draft I said this guy compares favorably to Warren Sapp. We're not even a full year in yet, but it looks good so far..
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #9
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Leading up to the draft I said this guy compares favorably to Warren Sapp. We're not even a full year in yet, but it looks good so far..
I'm just hoping he can stay healthy. Going into the draft, I knew Suh would be better than McCoy...but I never expected him to be better by this much. Who knows, maybe McCoy is a late bloomer and he'll catch up...but right now its looking like the Lions got the best pick in that 1st round.
Old 12-07-2010   #10
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ndamukong Suh

ndonkeykong suh is eating qb's alive.

MONSTER.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Suh is an absolute beast. Darnell Docket has been my favorite DT, but Suh has already evened up with him as my favorites. The guy plays with an attitude and that is what the Texans have been missing since their inception, IMO. If I was GM and was given the chance, I'd trade Mario, Okoye and OD for Suh in a heartbeat. A man-eating DT will make a huge difference in an average Dline.
Old 12-07-2010   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I'm just hoping he can stay healthy. Going into the draft, I knew Suh would be better than McCoy...but I never expected him to be better by this much. Who knows, maybe McCoy is a late bloomer and he'll catch up...but right now its looking like the Lions got the best pick in that 1st round.
Everyone knew that Suh was the best player in this draft. The problem was where to draft him and what to pay him (because of the position he plays).

I would have taken him with the #1 pick and never looked back. He is the kind of guy you can build a defense around.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

A beast. Should have won the Heisman. Was my number one prior to the draft by a long shot, though so far Bradford has been good.
Old 12-07-2010   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
A beast. Should have won the Heisman. Was my number one prior to the draft by a long shot, though so far Bradford has been good.
Agreed! It's just another reason why I think the Heisman's now a joke
Old 12-07-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the nickname Chaos N Suh.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #16
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Suh is a beast, 49 tackles 8 sacks and 1 INT...he's pretty much a lock for DROY. Add in the factor that he's playing for the Detroit Lions and his stats look that much more appealing. If the Lions can build around Suh on D the guy will be a monster in this league.
He's awesome! He plays all over the D-line. I even saw him lining up like a stand-up MIKE on Sunday. I think he's the best pure football player to come out of the draft in at least 5 years.
Old 12-07-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

In response to JT's post, the glove is about some video game he's hawking. He's going to sign it, auction it off and the proceeds go to charity. He's not trying to be Michael Jacksonoff.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #18
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude is ridiculously good. HOOOOLY crap.

Of course, looking at Bradford, doesn't look like any team could really have gone wrong with either the #1 or #2 pick.

Back to SUh, dude is ridiculous.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Suh is a beast. The Texans should have traded their entire 2010 draft for the #1 pick and taken Suh. We could have signed a crappy FA CB for less money than we're paying Jackson and had much better results due a much better pass rush.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #20
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Everyone knew that Suh was the best player in this draft. The problem was where to draft him and what to pay him (because of the position he plays).

I would have taken him with the #1 pick and never looked back. He is the kind of guy you can build a defense around.
You seem to imply that DT is not a premium position ? If so, I disagree because after QB it ranks with the other most highly-valued positions
which would be CB, OT & edge-rusher.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read