Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bill Cowher isn't coming to Houston

According to John McClain

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-...ing-to-houston

However JM also swore last season that there was no way that VY would be a Titan this season.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill Cowher isn't coming to Houston

John McCain hates Cower. Enough said!
Old 12-16-2010   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

No one in the media knows what goes on behind the walls of Reliant.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh. I've learned not to put much faith in his reports and thoughts.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

McLame is worthless. However, in this instance, like a blind squarrel getting an acorn once in a while, he's right. We will be stuck with Kubiak again for next year and Cower will move on. By the time McNair finally gets rid of Kubiak and hires another HC, there's no telling who'll be avaliable. But whoever he hires, it'll just be more thread fodder.

And as far as I'm concerned, until the Texans win a Super Bowl, the HC and front office aren't doing their job. I'm tired of waiting.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #6
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 82308 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

However JM also swore last season that there was no way that VY would be a Titan this season.
Genius!

I have some predictions too:

1. The Texans will finish the season without a tie.

2. The Texans will not win a game 44-20 next year. Screw you, if you think I'm wrong... wanna make a bet!?

3. The Texans will not draft anyone named Jeffrey in the 2011 or 2014 draft.

4. At least one Texan defensive coach will be replaced this off-season.

5. The KC Chiefs will not win the Superbowl this year.

When all five of these predictions come true, is there any doubt that I must be an authority on football? Didn't think so!
Old 12-16-2010   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
John McCain hates Cower. Enough said!
Do you see him running for President again in '12 ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2010   #8
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
John McCain hates Cower.
But Palin loves him and if that's not a damning indictment then nothing is...
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Typical McClain. Same guy who made fun of my friends dead mom because he bashed McClain for his VY man love. He is suck a **** sucker.
Old 12-16-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't read the article, I rarely read their bs, but I can agree that it's highly unlikely Cowher will be our coach next season. Do I want a change at HC? You bet, but just don't see it happening.

Bush, on the other hand, is an absolute must fire for me. I want a DC with a sack so big it has scabs from draggin the ground. It's the FO's job to find that person, not Kubiaks.
Old 12-16-2010   #11
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 177962 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't JM also say the Texans would be drafting VY a few years back?

I think this guy just sniffs Anna Megan's underwear and whatever hallucination he sees, it writes it as truth in his column.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Didn't JM also say the Texans would be drafting VY a few years back?

I think this guy just sniffs Anna Megan's underwear and whatever hallucination he sees, it writes it as truth in his column.
Dear Lord, that gives me a horrible visual of him in a dark room.

Old 12-16-2010   #13
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Where can I apply for that job?

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I didn't read the article, I rarely read their bs, but I can agree that it's highly unlikely Cowher will be our coach next season. Do I want a change at HC? You bet, but just don't see it happening.

Bush, on the other hand, is an absolute must fire for me. I want a DC with a sack so big it has scabs from draggin the ground. It's the FO's job to find that person, not Kubiaks.
Remember that Kubiak hand picked the GM .... Im sure both will have quite a bit of input on who that new DC is .... Pending Smith is gone and the other two remain.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, he(Kubiak) has ****ed this shit up beyond reason. It's all his baby. He picked the DC, OC, and GM. The people he placed around him are unqualified for the job, and Kuniak should(but wont) lose his job over it. Bush alone should have done it, since he REFUSED TO ****ING EVEN INTERVIEW ANYONE ELSE FOR THE ****ING JOB!!!!!
Old 12-16-2010   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Bill Cowher isn't coming to Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

JM said on 610 the other day he has NO sources and this is his 'personal opinion.'l

I'm not saying I think he is right or wrong, but shi-ite, can I get paid for having opinions?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Never have I wanted McClain to be so wrong as now.
Old 12-16-2010   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
To me, he(Kubiak) has ****ed this shit up beyond reason. It's all his baby.
#6 in rushing yards per game.

#7 in passing yards per game

#6 in total offense.

#6 in 3rd down conversion percentage.

#1 in converting 3rd and <=1 yard.

#3 in first downs per game.

#3 in average gain per rush.

#6 in yards per pass play.

#6 in redzone conversion percentage.

#6 in rushing yards allowed per game.

#7 in rushing yards allowed per attempt

That all sounds pretty ****ed up to me.

Quote:
He picked the DC, OC, and GM. The people he placed around him are unqualified for the job, and Kuniak should(but wont) lose his job over it. Bush alone should have done it, since he REFUSED TO ****ING EVEN INTERVIEW ANYONE ELSE FOR THE ****ING JOB!!!!!

Bush is the same guy who fixed their defensive problems last season and from week three on they were a top flight unit. How soon we forget.

There are a lot of things to complain about ,

The offense starting slow
The defense inability to get off the field on 3rd and long
The lack of turnovers forced , their inability to stop the pass
LB's who cant cover a TE or RB
Missed tackles galore
Dropped passes
A QB that cant throw an accurate deep ball or skips passes to a reciever when he could easily run for a 1st down

If there was anything I would complain about personel wise it would be that they didnt bring in a veteran corner to begin the season.

Lots of shit to ***** about but to say Kubiak ****ed it all up is just silly.

This team is ever so close to being very good for a very long time.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #19
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
#6 in rushing yards per game.

#7 in passing yards per game

#6 in total offense.

#6 in 3rd down conversion percentage.

#1 in converting 3rd and <=1 yard.

#3 in first downs per game.

#3 in average gain per rush.

#6 in yards per pass play.

#6 in redzone conversion percentage.

#6 in rushing yards allowed per game.

#7 in rushing yards allowed per attempt

That all sounds pretty ****ed up to me.

Bush is the same guy who fixed their defensive problems last season and from week three on they were a top flight unit. How soon we forget.

There are a lot of things to complain about ,

The offense starting slow
The defense inability to get off the field on 3rd and long
The lack of turnovers forced , their inability to stop the pass
LB's who cant cover a TE or RB
Missed tackles galore
Dropped passes
A QB that cant throw an accurate deep ball or skips passes to a reciever when he could easily run for a 1st down

Lots of shit to ***** about but to say Kubiak ****ed it all up is just silly.

Here we go again. Posting in support of this post and awaiting the inevitable. Repped.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
# Lots of shit to ***** about but to say Kubiak ****ed it all up is just silly.

"Stats are for losers"-Belichick. All of those numbers you just threw out equal 8-8 at best. Your last statement was repeated on here last year and the year before that. Starting games slow, time mangement, defensive personnel, game maanagement...all on him. Every coach tenured the same year as him has made the playoffs and multiple ones hired after him. This was Kubiak's baby and he dropped it. It is just silly to hear this stuff. As Parcells said, you are what you record is and so far after 5 years Kubiak is a loser.

EDIT: Last years D resurgance was built on a lie.....a player they didn't do their due diligence on and who is now half the player he was...Cushing

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 12-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read