Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-10-2010   #61
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Board Thread

Either Dareus or Quinn
Old 12-10-2010   #62
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Isnt Blackmon a redshirt sophomore? IE 3years removed?

I think the next few that we should consider are:

Blackmon
Ryan FREAKING Mallett
Marcell Dareus
I stand corrected. Blackmon is draft eligible, redshirted as freshman makes him draft eligible in 2011. In that case I would have no issue ranking him high @ #7.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #63
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I stand corrected. Blackmon is draft eligible, redshirted as freshman makes him draft eligible in 2011. In that case I would have no issue ranking him high @ #7.
Julio Jones is probably kicking himself by not playing up to his potential, and getting passed up by Blackmon. I think Blackmon is fine anywhere from 7-10.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #64
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mallett has bust written all over him. Strong arm, but makes dumb choices. I see shades of Leaf in his game/persona.

As far as at 7, I like Quin. Dude has skills comparable to Peppers, and was not suspended due to character.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #65
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Mallett has bust written all over him. Strong arm, but makes dumb choices. I see shades of Leaf in his game/persona.

As far as at 7, I like Quin. Dude has skills comparable to Peppers, and was not suspended due to character.
I cant say for certain he will be an all pro or a bust. I will agree that he made some poor choices in the Bama game, that pretty much lost them the game. But he did lead his team to a 10-2 record in the SEC, losing to Auburn, and Alabama. 3600 yards, 30 TD's and 11 INT's. Has the cannon you spoke of, and VERY good size. 6'6" 228.
Old 12-10-2010   #66
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I cant say for certain he will be an all pro or a bust. I will agree that he made some poor choices in the Bama game, that pretty much lost them the game. But he did lead his team to a 10-2 record in the SEC, losing to Auburn, and Alabama. 3600 yards, 30 TD's and 11 INT's. Has the cannon you spoke of, and VERY good size. 6'6" 228.
He looks great on paper, I agree. And in 90% of his play, he looks great as well. Its just under high pressure scenarios, he collapses. He is not a player I would take a risk on in the top 10. Same with Locker, not a top 10 guy.

Now, I would snatch either of them in the 2nd. In a heartbeat. While Schaub is not without flaws, he is a good NFL QB. Mallett or Locker could be groomed for 2 years, and then step in with nary a problem.
Old 12-10-2010   #67
Blake
MMQB

Quote:

Quinn didnt play a down this year. Do we think its a good idea to have an unknown @#7? That is too big of a risk for someone this early. I think teens would be best.
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2010   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm tasking all of you to help create a NFL Big Board which reflects the Best Player Available OVERALL who is draft eligible or expected to be draft eligible in 2011. If we can come up with a pure board based on talent we can use it later in Mock Drafts to determine likely position, team needs & draft order.
Thanks for the clarification
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #69
rmartin65
I'm Score

Quote:
Quinn didnt play a down this year. Do we think its a good idea to have an unknown @#7? That is too big of a risk for someone this early. I think teens would be best.
True, but he was top 1 or 2 before the suspension. The kid is the next great talent at DE, people are comparing him to Peppers.
Old 12-10-2010   #70
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, but he was top 1 or 2 before the suspension. The kid is the next great talent at DE, people are comparing him to Peppers.
classic arguement elite playmaker with off field issues. talent wise everything you look for in a top 5 pick but with red flags he is sliding somewhere risk does not outweigh the reward, to a lesser degree with Cam Newton & Blackmon. the trick is to project which guys game transcends next level while keeping focused with big contract. For these reasons, of the three I would project Blackmon to be a guy people will feel should have gone earlier when all is said & done. He is a man playing amongst boys.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-10-2010   #71
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still going with Dareus. Maybe I am the only one driving his bandwagon, but I will stick with him!
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #72
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
classic arguement elite playmaker with off field issues. talent wise everything you look for in a top 5 pick but with red flags he is sliding somewhere risk does not outweigh the reward, to a lesser degree with Cam Newton & Blackmon. the trick is to project which guys game transcends next level while keeping focused with big contract. For these reasons, of the three I would project Blackmon to be a guy people will feel should have gone earlier when all is said & done. He is a man playing amongst boys.
Quinn is a hard worker. Who has overcome a hard upbringing (poor)

He did take $$$ from an agent but look at somebody like Bush or VY who went to UT for 3 yrs and scored a 6 on the Wunderlich.

It is what it is.

But Quinn's background tells me he more like Deacon Jones than Sean Jones.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #73
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't hand top 10 money to a kid who has shown zero maturity and total selfishness. That is my opinion of most of the Carolina guys who were suspended.

time for one of the following

Marcel Dareus
Allen Bailey
Stephen Paea
Adrian Clayborn
painekiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #74
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I still like Patrick Peterson in first as CB/FS and a DT like Nevis in 2nd.
Old 12-11-2010   #75
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I still like Patrick Peterson in first as CB/FS and a DT like Nevis in 2nd.

About Peterson, the guy has game and is a great cover corner, however, he's listed at 220-lbs, don't yall think that's too heavy for a CB?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010   #76
beerlover
Site Contributor

So it is done.

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
2. Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
3. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
4. Prince Amukamara, DB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
5. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
6. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298
7. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306

Moving on to #8 overall. My vote goes to Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-12-2010   #77
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
About Peterson, the guy has game and is a great cover corner, however, he's listed at 220-lbs, don't yall think that's too heavy for a CB?
I think he can be a match-up nightmare for teams #1. otherwise might see some deep safety work & show off his playmaking skills. like Ed Reed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-13-2010   #78
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
So it is done.

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
2. Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
3. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
4. Prince Amukamara, DB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
5. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
6. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298
7. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306

Moving on to #8 overall. My vote goes to Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. Other names to consider would be DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina, QB Cam Newton, Auburn.
lets keep it going guys, deceide these players order. that would make a solid Top 10 Draft Board. Then we can start ranking 11- 20 prospects, beginning with Cameron Jordan, Cal, DE.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-13-2010   #79
Blake
MMQB

My votes go to:

Justin Blackmon #8
Ryan Mallett #9
Von Miller #10

Not a big Newton in the top #10 fan. Quinn would be 11-15 for me.
Old 12-13-2010   #80
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Paea?
And is there no OT in the top 10?
How high should Jenkins be?
Clayborn?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read