Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-08-2010   #41
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
If Fitz and Desean Jackson had a baby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Thats pretty high praise, nearly the perfect wideout.
The perfect one would be Jerry Rice and Andre Johnson's kid.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I change my vote to Prince at #4
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

everybody good with Prince #4 overall?

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
2. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
3. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
4. Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #44
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go with Bowers at 4, personally
Old 12-09-2010   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I'd go with Bowers at 4, personally
it's hard to please everyone, but I do want accuracy. if you like, state your case & let your fellow board members deceide or we could just submit his name as a leading prospect to be the 5th best player available (assuming he comes out early, Junior).

I can't quite get a handle where he projects next level, is he a 3-4 OLB like Ware or 4-3 DE ala former Giant Michael Strahan? teams will have varying opinion.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-09-2010   #46
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd go with Fairly as #4.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #47
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bowers at # 5

He remids me of MW lite.
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2010   #48
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bowers at # 5

He remids me of MW lite.
I'm going to go with Fairley at #5. He reminds me of Suh lite.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #49
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'm going to go with Fairley at #5. He reminds me of Suh lite.
Fairley reminds me of a young Warren Sapp. He's certianly worthy of #5

But I just like Bowers a little more. Not much but by a smidgen.
Old 12-09-2010   #50
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fairley reminds me of a young Warren Sapp. He's certianly worthy of #5

But I just like Bowers a little more. Not much but by a smidgen.
For the Texans I like Fairley a smidgen more...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #51
beerlover
Site Contributor

Looks like consensus is between Bowers & Fairley picks #5 & #6. I would have to lean slighlty towards Bowers (6-4 275 DE) in measureable department (Fairley 6-5 298 DT) think Fariley gets tied up more than Bowers in NFL match-ups hence makes more impact. However inside tackles who can make plays are worth weight in gold. Sometimes I wonder if a positional coach has input when cross comparing notes with scouting team in or before the War Room. I'm sure Kollar would love him some Fairley.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-10-2010   #52
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Looks like consensus is between Bowers & Fairley picks #5 & #6. I would have to lean slighlty towards Bowers (6-4 275 DE) in measureable department (Fairley 6-5 298 DT) think Fariley gets tied up more than Bowers in NFL match-ups hence makes more impact. However inside tackles who can make plays are worth weight in gold. Sometimes I wonder if a positional coach has input when cross comparing notes with scouting team in or before the War Room. I'm sure Kollar would love him some Fairley.
I am fine with Bowers 5, but we also have to remember that there are 2 franchise signal callers still on the board, and an Oklahoma State WR that has been phenomenal this year.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #53
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I am fine with Bowers 5, but we also have to remember that there are 2 franchise signal callers still on the board, and an Oklahoma State WR that has been phenomenal this year.
I could see a QB needy team like the Cards,49ers,Raiders etc... moving up into the top 5 and taking Locker and Mallett.

There could be a trading frenzy at the top of the draft.

Do you have Julio Jones or Blackmon rated higher?

Is this a Texans big board or a overall big board? If it's a Texans big board I could see the Texans rating Fairley higher than Bowers. Although that's not the way I would rank them.
Old 12-10-2010   #54
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Boy am I glad I am not looking for a QB this year, after Luck there is a huge drop off. For you guys to be calling Mallett and Locker top 10 picks in any draft point to a draft with very little talent.

Both of those guys are overrated, and I know some team desperate for a QB will reach and try to make one of them a savior. See what happens to the teams that have done that in the past, David Carr, JaMarcus Russell, and Alex Smith.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Boy am I glad I am not looking for a QB this year, after Luck there is a huge drop off. For you guys to be calling Mallett and Locker top 10 picks in any draft point to a draft with very little talent.

Both of those guys are overrated, and I know some team desperate for a QB will reach and try to make one of them a savior. See what happens to the teams that have done that in the past, David Carr, JaMarcus Russell, and Alex Smith.
Agreed

I think Locker has a chance to be good not great, certianly not a top 10 pick. Picking Mallett would scare the heck out of me. How many 6'7 QB's have been successful in the NFL? He has good but not great accuracy and terrible footwork. IMHO He does have a rocket arm though and I'm sure some team will fall in love with Mallett at the combine.

If I were a GM and needed a QB. I would go the safe route and give Philly a call on Kolb. A 2011 2nd and 3rd and a 2012 3rd should get the deal done and that might be over paying.

But if I were a QB away like Oakland or not so much Arizona that would not bee to much of a price to pay. IMHO
Old 12-10-2010   #56
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I could see a QB needy team like the Cards,49ers,Raiders etc... moving up into the top 5 and taking Locker and Mallett.

Is this a Texans big board or a overall big board? If it's a Texans big board I could see the Texans rating Fairley higher than Bowers. Although that's not the way I would rank them.
Blackmon. I like his hands, and athleticism better than Jones who has questionable hands.

I thought it was an overall big board. Cause it doesnt make sense to have Luck at the top when we have Schaub. (Yeah yeah i know some would take Luck and trade Schaub)
Old 12-10-2010   #57
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Locker and Mallett are no longer franchise QBs in my eyes. Both have too many question marks.

Bowers at 5, Fairly at 6.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #58
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:

I'm tasking all of you to help create a NFL Big Board which reflects the Best Player Available OVERALL who is draft eligible or expected to be draft eligible in 2011. If we can come up with a pure board based on talent we can use it later in Mock Drafts to determine likely position, team needs & draft order.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-10-2010   #59
beerlover
Site Contributor

1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford - 6'4 - 235
2. Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
3. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
4. Prince Amukamara, DB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
5. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
6. Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn - 6'5 - 298

thanks rmartin65 for resolving this issue, I could go either way.

So here you guys go, we're on to the #7 overall pick. remember the goal is to determine the best player on the board who will likely apply to the 2011 draft. Blackmon for instance is a Sophomore & not eligible. It's going to get real tricky now so we need everybody to contribute. thanks

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-10-2010   #60
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
[b] Blackmon for instance is a Sophomore & not eligible. It's going to get real tricky now so we need everybody to contribute. thanks

BL
Isnt Blackmon a redshirt sophomore? IE 3years removed?

I think the next few that we should consider are:

Blackmon
Ryan FREAKING Mallett
Marcell Dareus

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read