Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-08-2011   #221
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Big Board Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Why is nobody talking about Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue?
What's he 6'4 265 . If he hits 4.7 and shows some hip flipping ability , he's in .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011   #222
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
What's he 6'4 265 . If he hits 4.7 and shows some hip flipping ability , he's in .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2011&genpos=DE
He reminds me of LaMar Woodley in that he isn't overly fast but quick and explosive, especially when taking on offensive lineman. He is probably not as good of a prospect as Woodley, but the same type of player IMO.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011   #223
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
He reminds me of LaMar Woodley in that he isn't overly fast but quick and explosive, especially when taking on offensive lineman. He is probably not as good of a prospect as Woodley, but the same type of player IMO.
Suggs of the Ravens is like that .

Round Dan
Old 01-08-2011   #224
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wanted Kerrigan when the Texans were running a 4-3. Not wild about him in the 3-4, but I will go back and look at some film.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #225
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I really wanted Kerrigan when the Texans were running a 4-3. Not wild about him in the 3-4, but I will go back and look at some film.
yeah, me too. Kerrigan seems more like a natural 4-3 DE, good pass rushing skills, relentless pursuit plus solid in run support, don't see that explosive edge speed like a Von Miller or Dontay Moch who better fit Wade Phillips 3-4 OLB job requirements.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #226
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

A darkhorse mid-round pick for me would be a guy like Mark Herzlich. He played OLB if I remember correctly before having to battle cancer. Health is a concern here but the risk is worth it. At 6'4" 238-lbs (Yes, he needs to bulk up) he has a non-stop motor and can shed blocks with ease and would make a perfect OLB in our 3-4 scheme.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #227
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yeah, me too. Kerrigan seems more like a natural 4-3 DE, good pass rushing skills, relentless pursuit plus solid in run support, don't see that explosive edge speed like a Von Miller or Dontay Moch who better fit Wade Phillips 3-4 OLB job requirements.
Perhaps he is a better 4-3 prospect. I don't think we'll know till the combine. He is not going to be a speed edge rusher though, but he's very solid all around. Connor Barwin fits the speed rusher mold just fine. We just need a disruptor of any kind right now. Somebody in the front 7 that can make plays. If Miller isn't worth #11, there's no reason we should reach on him because he's a speed rusher.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2011   #228
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
A darkhorse mid-round pick for me would be a guy like Mark Herzlich. He played OLB if I remember correctly before having to battle cancer. Health is a concern here but the risk is worth it. At 6'4" 238-lbs (Yes, he needs to bulk up) he has a non-stop motor and can shed blocks with ease and would make a perfect OLB in our 3-4 scheme.
The mad stork jr .

Round Dan
Old 01-09-2011   #229
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

What does anybody think about Aldon Smith at # 11?

He's fast and explosive off the edge. He's going to test out great at the combine. Although he may be a little stiffer in the hips than you would like.

Smith's alot better athlete than Kerrigan. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #230
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

He's fast and explosive off the edge. He's going to test out great at the combine. Although he may be a little stiffer in the hips than you would like.

I just don't see guys who are 6'5" and have played with their hands in the dirt being able to convert as OLBs. Unless if we were running a D similar to Miami's which uses heavy OLBs, Wade seems to use guys who are 6'3" or 6'4" 260-Lbs max and relies on them being able to use their speed and quickness to make plays.

Guys like Kerrigan, Quinn, and Smith are strictly 4-3 DEs IMO but I'm not sure if they would be able to play in 3-4 unless Wade wants to implement hybrid defenses.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011   #231
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

No, because he went to the wrong school.
Old 01-12-2011   #232
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Big Board Group Thread Continued January

1.Nick Fairley, Auburn, (Jr.), 6-4, 298 moved up from 6th
2. Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU - 6'1 - 222
3. A.J. Green, WR, Georgia - 6'4 - 212
4. Prince Amukamara, DB, Nebraska - 6'1 - 205
5. Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson - 6'4 - 280
6. Blaine Gabbert, Missouri, (Jr.), 6-5 235 decision to declare, top rated QB with no Luck
7. Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama - 6'3 - 306
8. Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina - 6'5 - 268
9. Jake Locker, QB, Washington - 6'3 - 230
10. Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn - 6'6 - 250
11. Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa - 6'4" - 285
12. J.J. Watts, DE/DT, Wisconsin - 6'6 - 290 Blackmon out, Watt up
13. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State - 6'1 - 311
14. Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas - 6'6 - 238
15. Von Miller, DE, Texas A&M - 6'3 - 243
16. Brandon Harris, CB, Miami - 5'11 - 195
17. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - 5'10 - 215
18. Allen Bailey, DE, Miami - 6'4 - 288
19. Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State - 6'5 - 305
20. Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - 6'4 - 220
21. Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue - 6'4 - 263
22. Tyron Smith, OT USC - 6-6 - 290
23. Cameron Jordan, DE, California - 6'4 - 283
24. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas - 6'1 - 192
25. Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA - 6'4 - 255
26. Drake Nevis, DT LSU - 6'1 - 295
27. Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh - 6'5 - 230
28. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado - 6'9 - 315
29. Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame, (Jr.), 6-6, 265 Janoris Jenkins out, added per request from last time
30. Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG, Penn State, 6'3 298
31. Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA - 6'1 - 195
32. Mikel LeShoure, Illinois, (Jr.), 6-0, 230 NFL powerback, new to list as Watt moved up

Ok fellow mocksters, time to sharpen your pencils & get back on this. only a couple more players to decalre like Cam Newton. highlighted changes only, some moved up to replace those who dropped out others in bold are first times.
of course we can adjust any of them its just a starting point based off the work we as a group have already contributed.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-12-2011   #233
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about 4 qb's in the top 15. And have we forgot about Mike Pouncy? I think with the success that his brother had, he will surely go in the late 1st.
Old 01-12-2011   #234
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I don't know about 4 qb's in the top 15. And have we forgot about Mike Pouncy? I think with the success that his brother had, he will surely go in the late 1st.
He's got a note from his mom that he's gotta play on the same team as his brother .

Round Dan
Old 01-12-2011   #235
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see Gabbert,Newton,Mallett going in the top 15.

Locker probably will fall to the bottom of the 1st or top of the 2nd.

Locker and Gabbert will probably be the top 2 QB's to come out of this draft.

Another late rd QB to look out for is Andy Dalton. Smart/Mobile/Good Arm
Old 01-12-2011   #236
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's got a note from his mom that he's gotta play on the same team as his brother .
That may very well happen if he falls that far.
Old 01-12-2011   #237
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Might happen,

Would be really cool if it did.

The Steelers interior OL would be solid for yrs to come.
Old 01-12-2011   #238
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Found this kind of interesting . This guy starts as an OLB for the pack as a rookie .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=DE

Round Dan
Old 01-12-2011   #239
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
have no problem if that's what you guys want to do. I'm not a huge advocate of a TE going in the 1st coming off injury, if we can agree to take Rudolph off the reigns. start with 29 if that sounds about right? have not moved any of the other picks we made/agreed to as a group.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 01-12-2011   #240
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I saw one game of his playing Centre. TERRIBLE Snapper of the ball.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read