Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-06-2010   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Greg Davis resigns from Texas

Well, this was not entirely unexpected. I wish Greg Davis the best, but it was time for him to move on. Now the Longhorns can go out and get themselves a Will Muschamp-class offensive coordinator. Supposedly no one is likely to be announced until after the bowl game season is over.

Quote:
Greg Davis resigns from Texas

AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis has resigned and two other assistant coaches are retiring after the Longhorns' first losing season since 1997.

Davis, who has been with coach Mack Brown for 13 seasons at Texas, had been under fire all season as Texas finished 5-7 and didn't qualify for a bowl. It was Brown's first losing season since 1989. The Longhorns finished last in the Big 12 South and went 2-5 at home, losing four in a row at one point.

Offensive line coach Mac McWhorter and defensive line coach and special teams coordinator Mike Tolleson are retiring.

MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Davis resigns from Texas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-06-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of happy UT football fans right now. I think its time to bring in some new blood. Who gets the OC duties?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

major should get them, he is still there right?
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I doubt he gets the job. He doesn't have the resume yet.

I think Mack wants to end on a high note and is looking to make a splash hire like he did with Chizik and Muschamp. The rumor is that they were looking at Dana Holgorson from UH/OSU and found some character issues.

I think Major's next in line after the Muschamp takes over and the new OC moves on.
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2010   #8
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lol so you think Major should become OC, but you dont know if he still coaches there? Sorry, but that was funny.

I think most agree that he is a possible OC.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #9
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Well, this was not entirely unexpected. I wish Greg Davis the best, but it was time for him to move on. Now the Longhorns can go out and get themselves a Will Muschamp-class offensive coordinator. Supposedly no one is likely to be announced until after the bowl game season is over.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #10
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...ordinator.html

I also want to add Mike Leach. If he doesn't get a job elsewhere, perhaps Mike Leach would come to Texas for a year or two. It would be Mack's final moment in the spot light and when is ready to go, Muschamp can hire whoever he wants as his OC when he takes over in a year or two.
Old 12-06-2010   #11
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger1 View Post
If he doesn't get a job elsewhere, perhaps Mike Leach would come to Texas for a year or two. It would be Mack's final moment in the spot light and when is ready to go, Muschamp can hire whoever he wants as his OC when he takes over in a year or two.
LOL! Talk about character issues!
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #12
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
LOL! Talk about character issues!
Yeah, but he would solely focus on his high powered offensive. I think his version of slinging the ball around would fit well the spread offensive players that are already there. He would be a MAJOR coup in my mind.

And yeah, there are some character issues, but let's be honest, UT players are not exactly devoid of character issues...
Old 12-06-2010   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I doubt he gets the job. He doesn't have the resume yet.
I think Mack wants to end on a high note and is looking to make a splash hire like he did with Chizik and Muschamp. The rumor is that they were looking at Dana Holgorson from UH/OSU and found some character issues.

I think Major's next in line after the Muschamp takes over and the new OC moves on.
People keep saying this but wasn't he the OC at Bama? Besides, what better program to give him his shot than his alma mater? He was always a heady player; he had to be b/c he wasn't blowing anyone away with his talent & i think if given the opportunity, he'd flourish. He's one of the few players at UT i did like.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
People keep saying this but wasn't he the OC at Bama? Besides, what better program to give him his shot than his alma mater? He was always a heady player; he had to be b/c he wasn't blowing anyone away with his talent & i think if given the opportunity, he'd flourish. He's one of the few players at UT i did like.
There's definitely a case to be made for him.

He did a good job at Rice, but Bama didn't work out so well for him. Not really sure what happened, but I know Saban ran him off and now his name is mud over there.

Not to mention, working for Greg Davis for 2 years doesn't help his cause either.
Old 12-06-2010   #15
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He was OC in name only. Saban totally ran that show and didn't let Major do much, which is why Major took off and took a job as a position assistant.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoever they decide to hire, I want them to get back to running the damn ball. This is freaking Texas.....that school should be churning out NFL RBs they way schools like Auburn and Oregon have been. The biggest disservice they did to Colt McCoy was not giving him a legit running back after Jamaal Charles bolted.

I want them to pick someone up who's going to build a big SEC type offensive line and I want to start seeing them beat people up on offense again.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 12-06-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #17
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking Re: Greg Davis resigns from Texas

IDK if this has been posted yet but its worth a look: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...ew-In-MS-Paint

P.S. Don't drink anything otherwise you will spit all over yourself after looking at some of these images.

NOTE: Contains cuss words
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

They should hire Kubiak as OC. I'm sure he can turn Gilbert into a decent QB. Maybe Fozzy can master the halfback pass.
Old 12-06-2010   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
IDK if this has been posted yet but its worth a look: http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...ew-In-MS-Paint

P.S. Don't drink anything otherwise you will spit all over yourself after looking at some of these images.

NOTE: Contains cuss words
That was awesome. Truly great work with MS Paint. Gotta love the caricatures
Old 12-06-2010   #20
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

The name I'm hearing the most at the moment is Brian Harsin from Boise State. Muschamp wants an offense that can spread you out and play catch up, or run the rock and play ball control.
c10x is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read