Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2010   #1
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected
Default is there a case for kubes

I think I am now an official member of the get rid of kubes club I just want to know from you kube supporters what your case for keeping him is? Especially if there are successful coaches out there willing to take his job..
80tothezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #2
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: is there a case for kubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
I think I am now an official member of the get rid of kubes club I just want to know from you kube supporters what your case for keeping him is? Especially if there are successful coaches out there willing to take his job..
Are there?
Old 12-06-2010   #3
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he needs to go, but here is why I think he may stay. My guess is that outside of the collective bargaining issue, McNair probably thinks that the Colts have finally hit the wall and the division will be open to anyone (he is probably correct in that assumption) from this point forward. In his mind bringing in a new coach may take some time for growth and add a learning curve in a period where winning now is an option.

My counter would simply be that Kubes has had his shot - let's try to get in someone new who can take this team to the next level and become the new dominant force in our division.
Old 12-06-2010   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Kubiak:

Pros: Calls everyone "kid"
Delivers Mediocrity
Spiky Hair

Cons: Everything else.
Old 12-06-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 150044 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, he'll probably go on a 3 or 4 game run to end the season and McNair will think things have turned around. In turn, McNair won't make any coaching changes in the off season. Then....we'll suck again next season.

You see, it's been like Groundhog Day with this team the past 4 years.
Old 12-06-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think if we had a halfway decent defense, we'd be in the playoffs. Is Kubiak the one that's ultimately responsible? Yes, not denying that. Is he the one that hired Bush as DC? Yes, although I'd be really curious to know if he was Smith and McNair's #1 guy too - we never hear about that.

No I don't like mediocrity. I don't like missing out on the playoffs. And I'm tired of the 8-8/9-7 seasons. I think Kubiak has REALLY turned this team around, it's just a matter of if he's going to see this team succeed or if another coach will.

With the things that have happened, whether we like it or not, I really don't see McNair firing Kubiak this offseason. I think there's about a 1% chance that happens.

Put me in the bandwagon with Wade Phillips for DC on the side of it. I think he's a perfect fit here and McNair can keep Kubiak as HC. This defense needs proper coaching and proper scheme calls. I think Phillips would be able to do that. Kubiak can keep the offense running which will be even better when we have a defense.

That's my rationalization. lol

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 12-06-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #7
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
<<<<<<<<

Keep Kubiak Klub reasons...

1. Sunshine
2. Lollipops
3. Rainbows

I mean, what else is there really? Animal Balloons maybe...but let's not get greedy.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2010   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63868 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

There was a thread like this last year. I think it will be harder to make a case to keep Kubiak this year.

1) "Incremental Improvement" used to be the biggest factor even though many thought that was baloney without a corresponding increase in wins. It seems like it has been proven that this approach didn't work since we are now sliding back. Even the biggest spinmeisters here are having a hard time showing where there is overall improvement this season.

2) "If the Texans make a change, it will set the team back two years". I think this idea is false, because every year sees teams change and make fast turnarounds. Even if it was true, had the team switched out Kubes after his second 8-8 season when he clearly showed he hadn't made improvement as a coach, they'd be through any theoretical setback by now.

3) That leaves "Kubiak is a rookie head coach, let's hope he gets it". Well, he's not a rookie anymore and every year this same hope runs into the reality that he hasn't "gotten it".

Even though I can't see how a case can be made to keep Kubiak, I am convinced he will be kept. Analysis paralysis will set in and no major changes will occur.
Old 12-06-2010   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
<<<<<<<<

Keep Kubiak Klub reasons...

1. Sunshine
2. Lollipops
3. Rainbows

I mean, what else is there really? Animal Balloons maybe...but let's not get greedy.
Koolaid is a must... and quite honestly, I demand animal balloons.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
is there a case for kubes
Yes, a suitcase.

Old 12-06-2010   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no reason that I can think of for keeping Kubiak. He has proven what he is, and I want no more of it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, there is and it's right here....

Fire this trick!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

He's better than Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

He can have this case if he leaves.

Old 12-06-2010   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 299017 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
He's better than Vista.
That's not saying a lot. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
That's not saying a lot. LOL
My point exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 191859 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Gary Kubiak:

Pros: Calls everyone "kid"
Delivers Mediocrity
Spiky Hair

Cons: Everything else.
Nice post "kid".
Old 12-07-2010   #18
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

There IS a case, but its an increasingly hard one to make.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

How about a suitcase back to Denver. Take Rick Smith with.

(that rhymed! I'm like Dr. Seuss, kid.)
Old 12-07-2010   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Nice post "kid".
Thanks, kid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read