Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2010   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sick and tired and the proof is right in front of us

I wake up this morning and wAtch QBs on sportscenter hitting hier rcievers in stride for touchdowns. We have the best reciever to play the game and have never been able to hit him in stride but alway seem to throw behind him for the simple reason that Schaub says gives dre a better chance to catch it and the defense less likely to intersept. That is Hogwash and that statement was given to Schaub by Kubiak Because Kubiak cannot tell us now that schaub is not the answer when obviously schaub cannot throw as far as a highschooler. I is a simple job of hide behind your coach with the Texans. The Lies, The Bad Health decisions, The horrible Defense, We have talent but we do not have a leader who can be honest when it is crucial that he be honest. This is pulling the wool over Bobs Eyes and how can we get the truth pointed in Bobs direction.
Old 12-06-2010   #2
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sick and tired and the proof is right in front of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I wake up this morning and wAtch QBs on sportscenter hitting hier rcievers in stride for touchdowns. We have the best reciever to play the game and have never been able to hit him in stride but alway seem to throw behind him for the simple reason that Schaub says gives dre a better chance to catch it and the defense less likely to intersept. That is Hogwash and that statement was given to Schaub by Kubiak Because Kubiak cannot tell us now that schaub is not the answer when obviously schaub cannot throw as far as a highschooler. I is a simple job of hide behind your coach with the Texans. The Lies, The Bad Health decisions, The horrible Defense, We have talent but we do not have a leader who can be honest when it is crucial that he be honest. This is pulling the wool over Bobs Eyes and how can we get the truth pointed in Bobs direction.
I'll be the first to disagree with you Joe.
I still think that Schaub is good to g0, yes he's not looking as good as last year but he was throwing very well then, so that tells me that something has changed since then.

First, I really think he is throwing behind to ensure that the ball is not picked off. He knows that with this defense that he MUST do everything he can to put up as many points as possible with no turnovers.

Second, He's been getting hit ALOT, the line has been great in run support but they are not giving him the protection he needs to feel comfortable in the pocket. We all know that he can't move...

I also think that the primary leader of the team needs to be the coach and it appears that none of them (Kubs, Dennison, Bush) can get it done. It will be much quicker and easier to replace them than to replace Schaub (see Dallas and Minn).
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

He just puts too much "touch" on his passes. It's why he had the RB screen pass picked off vs. the Eagles.

Something I noticed is that this guy is always acting mellow. His facial expression looks like he's just awakened from a nap. He can't run fast, even when running for his life. His dropback steps, right at the snap, are verrrrry slow and lethargic (instead of pickin' 'em up and puttin' 'em down quickly...which helps beat pass rushes).

We're always being told how cool under pressure he is.

Reality, I'm afraid, is that he's sooooo cool under pressure that he's not performing at a fast enough pace to beat blitzes/pressure, nor getting the ball out of his hand and being decisive about it.

I don't think this team would have won a single game without Arian Foster this year. You think it's bad right now? Imagine not having Arian Foster. Single-handedly carrying this team right now. Maybe Derrick Ward would have been an OK runner for us. Maybe.

Still, I was one of the ones on here who was very intrigued by the possibility of getting Vick once he got out of prison. I knew it wouldn't happen, but still...the thought was very intriguing. He's a guy who has an arm, and can run like the wind. Those types of QBs are not saviors all by themselves, but imagine Vick under center with Arian Foster back there. Imagine Vick with AJ running routes. Jacoby running routes. I'm just sayin'.....
Old 12-06-2010   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub goes so too must Kubiak. Both have showed little progress with enough talent to win this weak AFC South division

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post

I really do not understand how someone watches this season unfolds and starts a thread complaining about the QB play. AJ has been hit in stride plenty of times. Schaub does tend to underthrow AJ on deep routes when he is wide open. I think it has less to do with his ability to throw it farther and more to do with making sure the pass is completed. You know that we did finish that drive with a TD, right? By the way, I suggest you watch some old game film of Troy Aikman. I can count on one hand the number of times he threw a deep ball and hit the WR in stride. He invented the underthrown jump ball! All QBs have areas of strengths and weaknesses. Schaub throws a very catchable ball, which is why so few passes are dropped unless Jacoby Jones is in the game. Compare the ball he throws with McNabb's, for instance. McNabb throws a very tight spiral with the nose pointing down. As a result, he has lower completion percentages but also lower interception rates (thow he is less accurate than Schaub). The reason why those things co-exist is simply because his ball is difficult to catch.

Schaub is leading one of the top offensive units in football. What he did last year without a running game was quite amazing. Get some perspective! We are all very frustrated but throwing a fit about QB play is pretty silly. Show me the QB that would have this team in better position this season with mediocre pass protection and one of the worst defenses in the history of the NFL.
Old 12-06-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I really do not understand how someone watches this season unfolds and starts a thread complaining about the QB play.
Because NO person should be safe from fair criticism.

We're so focused upon Kubiak, that we're possibly ignoring other factors of our demise. Matt Schaub, while he can be a reliable QB, is also POTENTIALLY starving this team of dynamic plays. Especially with the lack of hitting his WRs in stride.

He fails to hit them in stride on long pass plays. Period. He has done this to every receiver, especially AJ and many many times to Walter.

This guy struggles with two types of passes, IMO: Long ball down the sideline, and the across-the-field sideline pass. Both passes take three years to get there.

Anything in the middle, he seems to have zip on the ball.

Throw in the fact that he does NOT run when he can make 3 yards on his own, for a 1st down, and it's a recipe for haterade. Just sayin'....
Old 12-06-2010   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Schaub is not the problem. Schaub is part of the solution.

KUBIAK AND HIS DEFENSIVE LACKEYS ARE THE PROBLEM!!!

Please, everyone get off Matt's back. Matt should be the hottest QB in the league right now, if not for his pathetic defense he is teamed with. What is so hard to comprehend about leading 4th quarter drives to take the lead in ALL FOUR of the most recent losses. In some cases, he gave them the lead with less than 2 minutes remaining.

Stop blaming people for things they have no control over. If the defense doesn't suck so bad, everyone is blowing Schaub and talking about how he is Mr. Clutch with come from behind victories versus Chargers, Jets, Jaguars, and Eagles coupled with a blowout win versus the Titans. Wake up everyone.

KUBIAK MUST GO FOR HIRING INCOMPETENT LOSERS AS DEFENSIVE COACHES!!

direct your vitrole there, not at Matt. Keep your head up Matt.
Old 12-06-2010   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

Please, everyone get off Matt's back. Matt should be the hottest QB in the league right now, if not for his pathetic defense he is teamed with. What is so hard to comprehend about leading 4th quarter drives to take the lead in ALL FOUR of the most recent losses. In some cases, he gave them the lead with less than 2 minutes remaining.

Stop blaming people for things they have no control over. If the defense doesn't suck so bad, everyone is blowing Schaub and talking about how he is Mr. Clutch with come from behind victories versus Chargers, Jets, Jaguars, and Eagles coupled with a blowout win versus the Titans. Wake up everyone.

Ha, I had to pinch myself! I agree with a lot of what you said, SH. I do like Matt and think he can take a team to the Bowl. However, I think Matt might be trying to do too much this season given the position the defense is constantly putting them in. So yeah, I agree
Old 12-06-2010   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56461 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Because NO person should be safe from fair criticism.
We're so focused upon Kubiak, that we're possibly ignoring other factors of our demise. Matt Schaub, while he can be a reliable QB, is also POTENTIALLY starving this team of dynamic plays. Especially with the lack of hitting his WRs in stride.

He fails to hit them in stride on long pass plays. Period. He has done this to every receiver, especially AJ and many many times to Walter.

This guy struggles with two types of passes, IMO: Long ball down the sideline, and the across-the-field sideline pass. Both passes take three years to get there.

Anything in the middle, he seems to have zip on the ball.

Throw in the fact that he does NOT run when he can make 3 yards on his own, for a 1st down, and it's a recipe for haterade. Just sayin'....
Sure, nobody should be safe from criticism. On our blog, we were critical of Schaub after the week one win vs. Indy. We have certainly been critical of Mario Williams. We've been critical of Brian Cushing and Demeco Ryans when they have played a poor game or simply discussing areas they need to improve.

My issue is the attitude that we need a QB change in order to fix the problems with the team. That is ridiculous! In order of importance, here are the changes that need to be made:

1. Defensive coaching staff
2. Head Coach
3. Defensive talent/experience in the secondary
4. Upgrade at DT
5. More speed at LB

The idea that someone would be thinking about using limited resources (salary cap money and draft picks) in order to make a change at QB when all these other things need to be addressed... well, that's silly. On top of that, keeping a quality, veteran QB with the team in the midst of so much turmoil would help stabilize the offens (the one unit performing at a high level)...

or, perhaps, you would suggest keeping the defensive staff, ignoring issues in the secondary, and simply going after a QB high in the draft or trading away a 1st round pick for Kevin Kolb?
Old 12-06-2010   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sure, nobody should be safe from criticism. On our blog, we were critical of Schaub after the week one win vs. Indy. We have certainly been critical of Mario Williams. We've been critical of Brian Cushing and Demeco Ryans when they have played a poor game or simply discussing areas they need to improve.

My issue is the attitude that we need a QB change in order to fix the problems with the team. That is ridiculous! In order of importance, here are the changes that need to be made:

1. Defensive coaching staff
2. Head Coach
3. Defensive talent/experience in the secondary
4. Upgrade at DT
5. More speed at LB

The idea that someone would be thinking about using limited resources (salary cap money and draft picks) in order to make a change at QB when all these other things need to be addressed... well, that's silly. On top of that, keeping a quality, veteran QB with the team in the midst of so much turmoil would help stabilize the offens (the one unit performing at a high level)...

or, perhaps, you would suggest keeping the defensive staff, ignoring issues in the secondary, and simply going after a QB high in the draft or trading away a 1st round pick for Kevin Kolb?
thats all fine & well but people have to realize the head coach & QB go hand in hand. Matt Schaub has taken on the personality of his head coach both on & off the field. the decision making included.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2010   #11
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks SH. A very reasonable stance/statement. As many, many others have pointed out, Matt is NOT the problem. As stated many times prior, if he didn't come out of the tunnel knowing he had to win the game, this would have been a different season. I feel there's plenty of bashing to go around but throwing Matt under the bus is just misdirected and IMO, just plain wrong. I don't cringe when Matt's under center with 2 minutes to go but I sure as hell shiver when the D is out there in the same time frame. I feel folks should get up off Matt's ass.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #12
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
thats all fine & well but people have to realize the head coach & QB go hand in hand. Matt Schaub has taken on the personality of his head coach both on & off the field. the decision making included.
Then the personality and decision-making of the QB position would be solved by a head coaching change... not only that, but according to your equation, a change at QB with Kubiak left at head coach would destine the new QB to similar personality and decision-making problems that you've seen from Schaub.
Old 12-06-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Then the personality and decision-making of the QB position would be solved by a head coaching change... not only that, but according to your equation, a change at QB with Kubiak left at head coach would destine the new QB to similar personality and decision-making problems that you've seen from Schaub.
you got it

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2010   #14
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Another one of these silly threads.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

trust me on this
anyone who wants a high profile HC candidate needs to realize that Matt Schaub is one of the major selling points of this job. Unlike Carr, who would have scared any qualified HC candidate away *sorry Kubes*, Schaub at QB is very appealling to propsective head coaching candidates.

anyone that wants even a chance at Cowher, JJ, or Gruden better realize that Matt is going to be one of the main things that make the Texans job attractive. Basically a defensive head coach can come in and be secure that the offense is in good shape and that they just need to fix the botched abortion that is the 2010 Texans defense. Scratch that, the botched abortion that has been the Texans defense since Kubiak arrived with his pathetic defensive coaches in tow.

Schaub is a damn good QB. Do you realize that he threw for the 5th most yards in NFL History last year? And the guy has made clutch throw after clutch throw all year but because the defense sucks, its all Matt's fault.

Sometimes I wonder about some people. People were patient with Carr year after year even though he showed NOTHING to merit such patience, YET when Matt gets here he isn't afforded the same patience even though he has shown loads and loads of potential and promise that justify and merit belief, trust, and patience.

Earth to fanbase. Come in fanbase. Your QB is a damn good QB.

Fire the loser Kubiak and fire his whole defensive staff. And fire Rick Smith while you are at it. That guy sucks too. He has had some good moves but they are cancelled out by the laundry list of failures and his inability to retain the only decent corner we had in Dunta. How is letting Dunta go working out for ya, Rick? yeah, thought so. You suck.
Old 12-06-2010   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
trust me on this
anyone who wants a high profile HC candidate needs to realize that Matt Schaub is one of the major selling points of this job. Unlike Carr, who would have scared any qualified HC candidate away *sorry Kubes*, Schaub at QB is very appealling to propsective head coaching candidates.

anyone that wants even a chance at Cowher, JJ, or Gruden better realize that Matt is going to be one of the main things that make the Texans job attractive. Basically a defensive head coach can come in and be secure that the offense is in good shape and that they just need to fix the botched abortion that is the 2010 Texans defense. Scratch that, the botched abortion that has been the Texans defense since Kubiak arrived with his pathetic defensive coaches in tow.

Schaub is a damn good QB. Do you realize that he threw for the 5th most yards in NFL History last year? And the guy has made clutch throw after clutch throw all year but because the defense sucks, its all Matt's fault.

Sometimes I wonder about some people. People were patient with Carr year after year even though he showed NOTHING to merit such patience, YET when Matt gets here he isn't afforded the same patience even though he has shown loads and loads of potential and promise that justify and merit belief, trust, and patience.

Earth to fanbase. Come in fanbase. Your QB is a damn good QB.

Fire the loser Kubiak and fire his whole defensive staff. And fire Rick Smith while you are at it. That guy sucks too. He has had some good moves but they are cancelled out by the laundry list of failures and his inability to retain the only decent corner we had in Dunta. How is letting Dunta go working out for ya, Rick? yeah, thought so. You suck.

Agree. Without Matt, we don't even have a shot at Cowher, Gruden, or any of the other supposedly "name" coaches.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone in this franchise with the exception of Bob McNair and Andre Johnson should be considered expendable for change.

I do not dislike Schaub, but, if a new HC wants a different QB, then get what we can for MS and move on.

I think he could be a solid QB if we had a well balanced team on both sides of the ball (i.e. Dilfer), but I do not perceive him to be a clutch QB that will force his will on teams when the game is on the line. Yeah, he's done that before, but it's not consistent enough to just know that he'll win it for you. The lack of a 2 minute offense has as much to do with our QB as it does with coaching, and his little INT to a freakin' defensive lineman against the Eagles is what it is at the end of the day. The coach had nothing to do with that boneheaded decision.
Old 12-06-2010   #18
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I am not so sure. I have seen Schaub scowling on the sidelines and looking very perturbed when the D plays its bend and break often defense or when the offense makes a mental error. I often see Kubiak looking at his Denny's menu and appearing to be calm, cool, and collected.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #19
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub isn't perfect and isn't playing near last years level but we're also running the ball more this year. I think the QB position could be upgraded but Schaub is good and we've got bigger issues with this team to deal with than QB.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not upset at Schaub, I just do not see him worth two second-round picks,
and non-expendable. There are quarterbacks entering the draft every year,
playing backup on other teams, or in free-agency with more ability than Schaub. The biggest
problem with this team, is the coaches have NOT been able to demonstrate
ANY player actually IMPROVING as a result of their teaching.

In other words, players get WORSE every year they are a member of The Texans.
Coaches continually place players in positions where they have little-to-no
chance for success. One example: Steve Slaton is a constant touchdown
threat when he catches a screen pass. Kubiak will pound Slaton up
the gut five times straight, and won't toss Slaton a screen until next
season.

Everyone knows Slaton has talent, but he's failed by this coaching staff.
The same applies for a myriad of players on this team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read