Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-05-2010   #1
Gymrat2005
Rookie

Rep Power: 27 Gymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respectedGymrat2005 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Prince Amukamura

This kid has Amukamura's Avalanche written all over him, He is with out a doubt the player i want in 2011's draft.

The next Reevis imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHf3K...eature=related

0:16 is what i want.

Plus ive been looking and this upcoming draft seems to leave alot to be desired when it comes to safety talent.
Gymrat2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #2
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prince Amukamura

He was been ranked pretty high across a bunch of boards
Old 12-05-2010   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

A cool, unique, and interesting name? Check

Wears #21? Check

A standout college prospect? Check

Of Nigerian descent? Check

Yup, I'm pretty sure the guy will be a star.

Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

even with Texans collapse Rick Smith would still need to trade up for him

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson is the best CB in this draft.

Prince is good and plays a physical brand of football. I'm not sure how that relates to the NFL with the 5 yd chuck rule.

He would immediately be the best CB on the team.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

Prince is good and plays a physical brand of football. I'm not sure how that relates to the NFL with the 5 yd chuck rule.

agreed, but Rick Smith would have move up even higher than he would to land a Prince

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #7
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

I view Peterson and Amukamara as 1a. and 1b. Peterson is the better NFL player, and Amukamara is the better CB IMO. Both will be great CBs in a few years.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2010   #8
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I view Peterson and Amukamara as 1a. and 1b. Peterson is the better NFL player, and Amukamara is the better CB IMO. Both will be great CBs in a few years.

And both will be gone by the time we pick unless we just tank the rest of the season and I don't see that happening with Kubiak trying to keep his job. We could trade up for Amukamara but I don't think Rick Smith will go that route. I see us drafting in the 12-14 range and would rather have Amukamara. I think Peterson falls a little on the draft boards after the combine.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
A cool, unique, and interesting name? Check

Wears #21? Check

A standout college prospect? Check

Of Nigerian descent? Check

Yup, I'm pretty sure the guy will be a star.

Wait, he's a Nigerian Prince? I think I know this guy! He sent me a couple emails the other day...
Old 12-07-2010   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Peterson is easily the #1 CB in this draft. Amukamura is probably #2.

But I have also been impressed with his teammate, Dennard. That kid can play too.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010   #11
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 300 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymrat2005 View Post
This kid has Amukamura's Avalanche written all over him, He is with out a doubt the player i want in 2011's draft.

The next Reevis imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHf3K...eature=related

0:16 is what i want.

Plus ive been looking and this upcoming draft seems to leave alot to be desired when it comes to safety talent.
That looks exactly like how our Dbs are taught to play (10 yard cushings), except he reads QBs and doesn't fall down. As of right now I want either Amukamura or Peterson (who I think can be the next Charles Woodson). I also think these are players the front office will actually look at and scout.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

AmukamAra...

Just saying.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25491 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm guessing that the Texans will be drafting in the 12-14 range and that Amukamara will easily go in the top 10. What would it cost the Texans to move up on draft day to the 6-7 spot and have a chance at getting Amukamara and would Smithiak have the balls to trade up. Usually I don't like for a team to trade up like this on draft day but the 2011 draft seems like a weak draft, the overall talent level just isn't there. If they were ever to trade up thus losing a 2nd round pick to do so this would be the draft to do it since the overall talent level is poor in 2011.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read