Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-04-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SEC championship game

At the half, Auburn leading 28-14

Cam Newton is really impressive. It would be nice to have this kid for someone to develop for a couple of years. Big, athletic, strong armed and seems to make good decisions.
Old 12-04-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SEC championship game

Final is like 55-17

Newton wrapped up the Heisman I do believe.
Old 12-04-2010   #3
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Last edited by Mr. Texan; 12-04-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Cam Newton is officially at the very top of my draft wish list. Dude is unreal.
Old 12-04-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Yeah he is. Do you think he will come out?
Old 12-04-2010   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Yeah he is. Do you think he will come out?
Not a question in my mind.
Old 12-04-2010   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe you might think I'm crazy but the dude might end up being the next JaMarcus Russell, both QBs had strong arms and could run the ball and play similarily to each other.

Also, if his dad would go around trying to "sell" him, I wouldn't be suprised if his dad pressures him to fork over some of his millions and make him do something stupid leading up to the draft.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Maybe you might think I'm crazy but the dude might end up being the next JaMarcus Russell, both QBs had strong arms and could run the ball and play similarily to each other.

Also, if his dad would go around trying to "sell" him, I wouldn't be suprised if his dad pressures him to fork over some of his millions and make him do something stupid leading up to the draft.
I think this is all conjecture and based on nothing substantial. Newton is a better qb and person, imo.
Old 12-04-2010   #9
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No way in hell he will end up being the next JaMarcus Russell. I knew Russell was going to be a handful when he was asked what team he would like to be drafted by, and his response was "whatever team pays me the most." Also, Russell may have been able to run, but so can Peyton Manning. The dude was nowhere near as elusive as Newton is.

Newton will definitely be taken in the first round of the draft, the guy just has too much upside to ignore. He could very well end up being a more mobile version of Big Ben. I almost wish the Raiders had a chance at drafting him, but the Raiders have NEVER been able to groom a franchise QB, and we probably never will be able to as long as Al is still running the show.

I have a feeling Newton will end up being the 2nd QB taken in the draft, perhaps by the Bengals. Would be very interesting if you guys were to take him, he would definitely be able to learn more spending a year or two behind Schaub than Carson Palmer.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Not a question in my mind.
If Auburn loses the NC, and IF there is a lockout, I think he may stay another year.
Old 12-04-2010   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Auburn loses the NC, and IF there is a lockout, I think he may stay another year.
Yeah, thats the only way I see it happening. The NC is going to be his stage to all the NFL teams...if he is able to do well the guy's stock will skyrocket.
Old 12-04-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Yeah, thats the only way I see it happening. The NC is going to be his stage to all the NFL teams...if he is able to do well the guy's stock will skyrocket.
Yeah, I know. And it's pretty high already. But if there is not a new CBA by the time they have to declare, I think that many juniors will back off and decide to wait for some certainty.
Old 12-04-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I know. And it's pretty high already. But if there is not a new CBA by the time they have to declare, I think that many juniors will back off and decide to wait for some certainty.
I could've sworn someone on these boards said a draft will happen, teams will draft the "right" to players so that when the lockout is over they can work out a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post

Is it just me, or does that dude in the background look like an older version of Glenn Beck?
Old 12-04-2010   #14
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

A draft will happen no matter what.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #15
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I could've sworn someone on these boards said a draft will happen, teams will draft the "right" to players so that when the lockout is over they can work out a deal.

Is it just me, or does that dude in the background look like an older version of Glenn Beck?
Yes he does! It's funny how he quickly changes his view and goes back to watching the game. BTW, was there anything in the bottle or no?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #16
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes he does! It's funny how he quickly changes his view and goes back to watching the game. BTW, was there anything in the bottle or no?
Yes, I'm not the only one! I think he quickly turned the other way because he thought she was going to see him staring her down .

If you look closely, you can see some type of dark liquid in it...and yes...the bottle is in fact labeled "Cammy Cam Juice" .
Old 12-05-2010   #17
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOqg...eature=related

she will never live this down

LOL @ cam
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010   #18
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOqg...eature=related

she will never live this down

LOL @ cam
Quote:
MarathonVeteran
1 hour ago
Did you see that laugh on Cam's face? That's because he just gave Tracy herpes
Old 12-06-2010   #19
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

It's amazing how many people seem to think the 'Cammy Cam Juice' somehow contains his own ejaculate. There's just no way that a guy could be so self absorbed that he would drink his own semen. It's not like he's Vince Young or something...
Old 12-06-2010   #20
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's amazing how many people seem to think the 'Cammy Cam Juice' somehow contains his own ejaculate. There's just no way that a guy could be so self absorbed that he would drink his own semen. It's not like he's Vince Young or something...
ZING!!!
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read