Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-09-2005   #21
Bobo
Hall of Fame

>I'm not going to insult Sharper. The fact is that he was a very good linebacker, but he was making too much money for the kind of production he was bringing to the >table. I'd like to see the Texans take a wide reciever with the first pick.

This sounds like a homer "my team is right all the time" kind of response to what was obviously a mistake by the Texans. The Texans have lots and lots of needs and problems. Sharper wasn't the problem. How can you be a problem when you lead the team in tackles? The Texans didn't improve at all by cutting Sharper -- who is now being considered the biggest plum in the free agent pie now, BTW. This move can only hurt the Texans -- no way it will make them any better. As for the acquisition of a WR in the draft, well, that would be another huge, huge mistake. Andre Johnson is fine at WR and the Bradford, Armstrong and Jabbar contingency is fine as well. The WR position isn't the problem -- it's the offensive line that is the big hole. People say that Andre's production fell off at the end and they blamed it on WR #2. Hogwash. The problem was that Carr couldn't get it to ANYBODY when the line collapsed completely and totally on a repeated basis. Jabbar, Armstrong and Bradford are very talented individuals. If the Texans throw away a top draft pick on another WR, they will be destined for another losing season. I'm tired of watching receivers get free only to watch Carr not even get a chance to deliver the ball due to the poor offensive line. People seem to naively think that one player (a WR) will fix everything up. They are wrong. The Texans should throw all their picks at OL and pass rushers to deal with their main problems.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read