Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2010   #1
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 5477 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To the season ticket holders

You guys have, and have had my admiration for a long time. I've been a fan since the beginning, followed them, and lived and died (mostly died) with them, but I've never had season tickets. I think it takes an extra measure of faith/belief in an organization to continually plunk down hard-earned cash year after year, without getting the playoffs in return.

I will continue to be a Texans' fan, through the good times and the bad. However, you guys put your money where your mouths are, and, as I said before, that's incredibly admirable. As much as I'd like the Texans to be successful for the city, I'd like to see you guys rewarded for your diligence as well. Seeing as how many of you have spent many thousands of dollars on this team for tickets, PSLs, concessions, and parking over the years, I think you deserve it.

Anyway, I hope you all get rewarded sooner rather than later. Go Texans!
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #2
Texans_bull
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 Texans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: To the season ticket holders

Yea... I have 8 seats and i am fully behind my home team but something has to be done regarding this average approach that Kubes is doing.

Like the commentator from last nights games said about the eagles offensive coordinator he is aggressive from start to finish. He will come out and throw the ball down field like he did against the redskins and he did it last night.

WE WANT CHANGE... not this crap we had last night.

As a season ticket holder how do we make them do something?
Texans_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_bull View Post
Yea... I have 8 seats and i am fully behind my home team but something has to be done regarding this average approach that Kubes is doing.

Like the commentator from last nights games said about the eagles offensive coordinator he is aggressive from start to finish. He will come out and throw the ball down field like he did against the redskins and he did it last night.

I think you know the answer. The real question is are you willing to do it?
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #4
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_bull View Post

I agree with you here, but the main problem is that to be aggressive by throwing the ball down the field, you first have to have a QB who can...erm, throw the ball down the field.

Arm strength is Schaub's glaring weakness. He makes up for it in terms of accuracy and timing most of the time, but AJ was open for an easy TD last night, and Schaub just can't put it where it needs to be downfield.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Going to a game is fun whether it's a win or a loss. Plus, we have excellent, excellent seats. It gets a little harder to renew every year though....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #6
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
I think you know the answer. The real question is are you willing to do it?
I am. But I live in Albuquerque.
Old 12-03-2010   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Even after this season of lost opportunity, prices for season tickets will increase as it has done every year.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2010   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29405 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Even after this season of lost opportunity, prices for season tickets will increase as it has done every year.
Incorrect.

There was a period of about three years where the Texans actually didn't raise prices at all. It was after the 2-14 disaster. They first started raising prices two years ago, and last year was a big increase at 6 percent.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #9
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Incorrect.

There was a period of about three years where the Texans actually didn't raise prices at all. It was after the 2-14 disaster. They first started raising prices two years ago, and last year was a big increase at 6 percent.
Right when the economy was really helping people out. They also raised the PSL transfer fee from $50 to $250. It's almost like they are trying to hurt people.
Old 12-03-2010   #10
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Incorrect.

Hmmm, my season tickets started increasing long before just two years ago. You must be getting a special deal.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been a season ticket holder for 5 years now. I will not renew them. I am done until the product gets better.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 115090 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Can Football teams fall under the Texas Lemon Law??
Old 12-03-2010   #13
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Going to a game is fun whether it's a win or a loss. Plus, we have excellent, excellent seats. It gets a little harder to renew every year though....
The Texans are laughing all the way to the bank at this sentiment.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I have enjoyed the games from my living room for the last three games. As a PSL owner since day one, that has 5 hours of travel for each home game, I am looking to profit, in some fashion, from the tickets moving forward.
Old 12-03-2010   #15
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Going to a game is fun whether it's a win or a loss.
Do not agree with this. Losses are not fun at all.

Quote:
Incorrect.

Incorrect.

My tickets have gone up every single season but one. And yes, they did go up after the 2-14 season.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 197411 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Quote:
Incorrect.

I believe Gwallaia is correct. Be sure, they will find some "gimmick" to justify it. They have learned to raise prices...........BECAUSE THEY CAN!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #17
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

It costs me around $500 to go to a game by the time I pay for tickets, hotel, food and gas. I stay in a hotel because I like to tailgate and have a good time. I usually go to 2 games a year. This year I haven't even considered going. At some point you have to get fed up with this mess they call the Texans and stop paying money to see them.

I was fed up after Bob decided not to fire Kubiak and give him an extension. I knew then this would be another mediocre year. I have been perfectly happy sitting on my couch and watching the games at home. Bob is a business man first. He will understand when his profits trend downward. I do think Bob wants to win but he is lacking in the area of running an NFL franchise beyond turning a profit.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #18
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

The guys out on the football field get paid millions regardless if they win or lose, we're the fools paying our hard earned money for season tickets to watch mediocre football and average coaching. Sucks but it's true.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Season ticket holder since 02 going to the game is fun win or loss IMO and its like a experince every week going to the NFL on sunday becasue u know all the other cities are doing the exact same thing

but money is getting tight and the product is ummmm unless Mcnair lowers the ticket prices im thinking about giving up my good seats and only going to 4 games instead of 8
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read