Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2010   #41
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub - Am I The Only One ?

early in the year folks were commenting on how much zip Matt's passes had. Then about game 3-4 he took a couple of real good shots to the chest/rib area and since then his motion and zip have been ..... peculiar. He never had a cannon for an arm, but early in the year he had the most zing I have seen him have and then it went away. My guess is he is playing with a badly bruised chest/rib area and can't get the velocity like he was.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #42
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
I'm not flopping.

I don't like Schaub as our qb.
Whether he is slightly below average or the worst qb in the league is semantics.

Unless we get a top 2 or 3 defense, there is no way for us to win with him.
He is not good enough to make game winning plays on his own.
Ur just wrong there man ... how many game winning drives does a man need to make in each game? Should only be one right? well he does that and then Defense invents new ways to loose the game for us. We don't need a top 2 or 3 D to win with him but how bout a top 23 or 24? Or I would take 11 guys that would make even an attempt at getting in the way of SOMEONE's offense as they march down the field to score in critical moments.
80tothezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #43
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
yup. didn't hear any of this last year when he was the leading passer. where is the venom for AJ, he doesn't have the numbers he had last year either (I think).
droppin AJ ASAP is a given man I mean so the dude played with bruised lung and is the only guy to have 8 seasons with 60+ catches ... drop his ***** ass while ur at it might as well cash in on that scrub arian foster ....that was sarcasm btw and dre still got over 1000 yrd this season #3 in the NFL

Last edited by 80tothezone; 12-04-2010 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-04-2010   #44
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

oh and for a guy that sucks he sure is top 5 consistently in passing and 4th in 20+ plays ... this year with the #1 running game too which means he is doing it on less attempts ....yep I can read stats off NFL.com u should try it sometime oh BTW his 93.2 passer rating isn't half bad either...
Old 12-04-2010   #45
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub isn't an elite QB, but on the other hand he's an above-average QB
who IMO we can win with.
And for the umptenth time, it's the defense and I'm not talking about Frank Bush. Remember when they fired the last guy/DC and everybody said now our D problems have been solved. We need better defensive players, whether or not they keep Frank Bush.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Schaub has a noodle arm. Well maybe not noodle, but it's far from being strong. That said, we've known that for a while. He's never been the guy that would stretch the field with long vertical passes, leading receivers so they could catch it it stride.

His strengths has been his ability to read defenses and keep drives a live by buying time in the pocket.

Last night though, he looked dumb at times. Schaub has been very inconsistent throughout his career here. Even though he put up a lot of yards last year, he was still inconsistent if you take the entire year into account.

I think Schaub is a good enough QB to win with...He's not elite, but if we could field a better defense to take some of the pressure off the offense I think we'd be a lot better.
spot on. I pointed this out a couple of years ago and got shouted down. I noticed then that wide open guys would have to wait on the ball and have to settle for long gains on what should have been TD catches.
That said, I still think his decision making (most of the time) and knowledge/understanding of this offense makes up for his average arm (again, most of the time).

Getting rid of Schaub won't cure a defense that gives up 28 pts/game. That's the issue that needs to be fixed.

saaay... Orlovsky has a strong arm, you want to start him??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010   #47
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
spot on. I pointed this out a couple of years ago and got shouted down. I noticed then that wide open guys would have to wait on the ball and have to settle for long gains on what should have been TD catches.
That said, I still think his decision making (most of the time) and knowledge/understanding of this offense makes up for his average arm (again, most of the time).

Getting rid of Schaub won't cure a defense that gives up 28 pts/game. That's the issue that needs to be fixed.

saaay... Orlovsky has a strong arm, you want to start him??
if the game changes to a race out the back of the end zone sure!!!
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2010   #48
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Schaub is what he is. He's an average quarterback at best surrounded by an offense that enables him to just not screw up too badly and he puts up good numbers.

When that breaks down is when it comes time for him to step up and make a play on his own. He is not able to do it.

He might not be the problem with this team per se...but he's certainly not been able to find the answer to the problem either.

The sports world is littered with guys that put up hollow numbers that have little to do with winning and losing.

Look at Dominique Wilkins. Ostensibly he was just as good as Kobe Bryant.

They both have averaged 25 points per game for their careers. Both a little over one steal, half a block, Wilkins has more rebounds, Bryant more assists.

If games were won on paper, then you would be just as well off to have Wilkins as Kobe.

Games are not won on paper. Schaub will win you games on paper...
Yes. Nevermind that DW played in an era when teams averaged 120 a game instead of 100. Having someone score 25%+ of the points a team needed to win vs 18-20% isn't a difference.

Its not necessary to actually look at anything but the raw numbers when analyzing them.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read