Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I don't regret my soap avatar. I embraced it. Will wear it until that day comes!

There has been some minor rumblings and ruminations about how some are not sporting soap because they "can't get behind that mindset, but are ready to do it 'if certain things' happen and blah blah blah."

There have been minor comments made about how some people are switching back and forth as the tides rise and lower with this team.

Let's get something straight: The win vs. the Titans felt good because it's like getting a numbing shot before they drill your tooth. Takes the pain away, but the real work lies ahead. That "real work" is that we absolutely need to lose the remaining games in order for the Kubiak era to end.

I don't care about "if we lose our awesome and potent offense." We got some players here. Kubiak is not the only offense builder alive. AND, we could retain a lot of aspects of what we have and build in new things from a new coach (Because I have a feeling that our success is not solely tied to the genius of Kubiak). Improved what we had, has done a somewhat good job of getting better talent on offense (Foster being the feather in his cap).

My point with this thread is that i won't be switching my avatar. I won't be switching my sig image. It's there. It remains there. Even if the guy is back next year. even if there's no games next year and he's drinking coffee in his pajamas on Sundays. I don't care. The writing is on the wall.

Oh, and "yes," I most certainly will be eating crow when we rattle off that magical "run the table" streak and win the division somehow. You know, since that's reallllly gonna' happen and we gotta' sit and wait and not make brash statements right now. This thing is done.

"We have some really good guys here. Everybody gets along with one another," says Eric Winston. Yeah, Eric, we know. Just one big, happy family that loves one another. You guys got THAT going for ya'. Merry Christmas to the Texans family.
Old 12-03-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I don't regret my soap avatar. I embraced it. Will wear it until that day comes!

I have never sported the avatar only because I love the drum kit pic I got on there now.

But I am in the club and do not switch back and forth. I agree with you on the tits game. I was excited but saw it for what it was.

Fire this *****.

Andre aint gettin any younger.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I don't regret my soap avatar. I embraced it. Will wear it until that day comes!

Yep, I got on it later than a lot of you, but I am not switching until he is fired. Or he takes the Texans to the playoffs.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #4
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Soap is necessary.
Old 12-03-2010   #5
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup fire Kubiak, he's garbage.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the Fire Kubiak club, I'm just not changing my avatar again. I sported the soap for a bit though.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #7
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24544 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

LoL, been sporting and taking crap for mine since last year..

silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2010   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
There has been some minor rumblings and ruminations about how some are not sporting soap because they "can't get behind that mindset, but are ready to do it 'if certain things' happen and blah blah blah."

There have been minor comments made about how some people are switching back and forth as the tides rise and lower with this team.

Let's get something straight: The win vs. the Titans felt good because it's like getting a numbing shot before they drill your tooth. Takes the pain away, but the real work lies ahead. That "real work" is that we absolutely need to lose the remaining games in order for the Kubiak era to end.

I don't care about "if we lose our awesome and potent offense." We got some players here. Kubiak is not the only offense builder alive. AND, we could retain a lot of aspects of what we have and build in new things from a new coach (Because I have a feeling that our success is not solely tied to the genius of Kubiak). Improved what we had, has done a somewhat good job of getting better talent on offense (Foster being the feather in his cap).

My point with this thread is that i won't be switching my avatar. I won't be switching my sig image. It's there. It remains there. Even if the guy is back next year. even if there's no games next year and he's drinking coffee in his pajamas on Sundays. I don't care. The writing is on the wall.

Oh, and "yes," I most certainly will be eating crow when we rattle off that magical "run the table" streak and win the division somehow. You know, since that's reallllly gonna' happen and we gotta' sit and wait and not make brash statements right now. This thing is done.

"We have some really good guys here. Everybody gets along with one another," says Eric Winston. Yeah, Eric, we know. Just one big, happy family that loves one another. You guys got THAT going for ya'. Merry Christmas to the Texans family.
It is dudes like Winston that makes me shake my head. He and Pollard are on the radio all the time acting like things are so good and how the team is so together and how they have this bad ass attitude but then week in and week out I see Winston get schooled and Pollard get lost in coverage. Here is an idea..shut your mouth and play. Just stop with the sound bytes and trying to sound smart. Your mediocre players who are getting your ass kicked every week.

What is it about this town..."keep Carr, he's a good guy", "keep Gary, he is a good guy," "you can't get rid of or sit Senor Pop-up Bagwell or Roller Skates in the Outfield Biggio, they are icons"................How niiiiccccce.

People are ripping Schaub, and he deserves some of it..but you want to know who makes Schaub look worse...that little kid Gary. You look bad when you are throwing all game compared to riding your league leading rusher that can't be stopped. When your having to force balls because you abandoned the great running game, you look sorry. Schaub isn't a stud but he can do plenty to win. The coach just doesn't allow it. Schaub does get happy feet against teams that bring the heat though.

Kubes is out of his league. I'm not even sure if he is a good coordinator anymore.

And for all the people last year who said that Atlanta making the playoffs after getting a new coach, after the horrible Vick mess, etc was just a one year thing and was playoff luck..really?Same with the all the other teams that are turning it around yearly...don't look now, here comes the Browns.

Done
Old 12-03-2010   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I've never sported the soap avatar, but I've wanted Kubiak replaced after since the end of his third season. I couldn't delude my self that constant mediocrity was the right way to build a championship caliber team. The last two season have pretty much met my expectations.
Old 12-03-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see the folks coming on here to explain the "why" behind their non-soap avatar.

I understand your reasoning for having a non-soap avatar: If you have a real good avatar that you think defines you on this forum, then so be it. If it fits well, then you gotta' wear what's comfortable.

Maybe change the little sentence that's under the avatar, to something like "Soap Member" or "Fire Kubiak"? Just thinking of ways to show your opinion without having to change the avatar.

I'm not trying to call out those who aren't soapers. I am trying to say that THIS guy has sported the soap for about 6 weeks now, did not change it after the Titans win, and will NOT be changing it even if we have a miracle and make it to the playoffs. It will be an abberation; swamp gas. You see it, and you reach out to touch it, but it slips through your fingers.

There has been too many weird, illogical finishes to Texans games this season. It's a pattern. It's a telling sign to any normal, NFL-watching fan. The team is lost. They are a nice group of guys, tyring hard and never giving up, but they are not prepared and their on-field brainfarts are a result of not feeling like they are put in a good position to win. When you feel like you're screwed before the coin flip, how are you going to react during the game? You're going to play without confidence. And without confidence, you're just waiting for that special moment when you know you're going to get roasted on a certain type of play. You're waiting for it. You're scared to death of it. It then becomes a thing of hoping the opposing team somehow bungles and botches the job.

We've been reduced to hoping the OTHER team can't execute their gameplan. Reduced to hoping the other guy drops the ball in the end zone. Reduced to knowing that a team will find 19.5 yards on 3rd and 19. Reduced to feeling good that it wasn't a blowout. Reduced to feeling good that we beat the Titans and shut them out.

That Colts game at the start of the season? An abberation. The result of the Colts not taking us seriously, which they did in the second meeting this season. Talent is half the puzzle. The other half is having players on your team who reflect the style and substance of your head coach (the "leader"). We have players who are talented. They by-and-large are players who reflect the same behavioral patterns as their head coach.

You surround yourself with like-minded people. We have the Good Boy Scout, Never Harm Another Person attitude...which pays off in some form or fashion. I would not want us to become dirty like the Jags or Titans. But there has to be an element of ruthlessness that's what I called "controlled chaos."

That mindset doesn't exist here. We are robotic, predictable, stable, conservative, reserved, calculated risk takers. And in this league, today, you are going to get figured out and owned by your opponents. They will eat you alive. If the other teams don't drop balls, miss tackles, or stray from their own gameplan they devised against us, they will eat us for lunch and ask for second helpings.

We've been reduced to being thankful we're not totally inept, yet being told to hang in there and let things improve over time.

Time is a precious commodity in the NFL. 16 games over 17 weeks, then you wait about 9 months to get another shot at 17-weeks worth of "time."

(sigh)

Go Texans.
Old 12-03-2010   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 69312 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I am down with showing Kubiak the door, but I have had my avatar since I joined up here, and cant bring myself to change it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
It is dudes like Winston that makes me shake my head. He and Pollard are on the radio all the time acting like things are so good and how the team is so together and how they have this bad ass attitude but then week in and week out I see Winston get schooled and Pollard get lost in coverage. Here is an idea..shut your mouth and play. Just stop with the sound bytes and trying to sound smart. Your mediocre players who are getting your ass kicked every week.

What is it about this town..."keep Carr, he's a good guy", "keep Gary, he is a good guy," "you can't get rid of or sit Senor Pop-up Bagwell or Roller Skates in the Outfield Biggio, they are icons"................How niiiiccccce.

People are ripping Schaub, and he deserves some of it..but you want to know who makes Schaub look worse...that little kid Gary. You look bad when you are throwing all game compared to riding your league leading rusher that can't be stopped. When your having to force balls because you abandoned the great running game, you look sorry. Schaub isn't a stud but he can do plenty to win. The coach just doesn't allow it. Schaub does get happy feet against teams that bring the heat though.

Kubes is out of his league. I'm not even sure if he is a good coordinator anymore.

And for all the people last year who said that Atlanta making the playoffs after getting a new coach, after the horrible Vick mess, etc was just a one year thing and was playoff luck..really?Same with the all the other teams that are turning it around yearly...don't look now, here comes the Browns.

Done
Been wondering where you went to.

Enjoyed your post.

Agree with all of it.
Old 12-03-2010   #13
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

GP-check out Pollardized "Rant" he really does a good job summarizing what has been said on this thread.

No soap avatar for me-but there has got to be a change.
This season is a wash-maybe they should look at doing it now and the new coach can start his system now. Then there is no concern about the potential lock out.
At a minimum, we could use a new DC-NOW!!
It won't happen, and Kubs will say that he's behind his DC, again...
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #14
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55805 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is two miracle finishes away from 3-9. In year 5, to even think about being that bad is unacceptable.

But the elephant in the room is Bob Mcnoob. He is the problem. He is a horrible owner. As long as he is the owner and doesn't change himself, the team won't change. We are deluding ourselves to think that McNair has it in him to go out and sign the chin or some other good coach.

Make no mistake - when the Texans win 3 out of their last 4 and finish 8-8 expect Mcnoob to come out and say they played with good effort, Gary has them going in the right direction, they just need to carry over the momentum to next year, and we need stability going into a potential lockout.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.

The mediocrity starts at the top - and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Depressing.
Old 12-03-2010   #15
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL!

As if some of you think that if you have soap in your avatar long enough, that will actually influence things??

Now I can see why fantasy football is such a hit.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

No point in sporting some soap. he's not going anywhere.

Not that i want dude fired, but still. Besides, when it comes to finding a new coach, McNair wouldn't break the bank. Probably not a knock on the man, but I'm sorry, if you think we wouldn't hire a bad retread, you are kidding yourself.

Think more Brad Childress and Rod Marinelli, not Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden. Just how I feel.
Old 12-03-2010   #17
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
This team is two miracle finishes away from 3-9. In year 5, to even think about being that bad is unacceptable.

But the elephant in the room is Bob Mcnoob. He is the problem. He is a horrible owner. As long as he is the owner and doesn't change himself, the team won't change. We are deluding ourselves to think that McNair has it in him to go out and sign the chin or some other good coach.

Make no mistake - when the Texans win 3 out of their last 4 and finish 8-8 expect Mcnoob to come out and say they played with good effort, Gary has them going in the right direction, they just need to carry over the momentum to next year, and we need stability going into a potential lockout.

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.

The mediocrity starts at the top - and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Depressing.
"Must spread more rep before"

I believe Porky hit it out of the park on this one. We have had two coaches here, and they are basically the same, just one was offense and the other defense; both passive nice guys. Bob may fire Gary this year, but hard to believe that he won't hire the same type of coach.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post

Wash - Rinse - Repeat.

I know this team needs change, but I hate this logic. The team could just as easily have been 9-3.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
LOL!

As if some of you think that if you have soap in your avatar long enough, that will actually influence things??

Now I can see why fantasy football is such a hit.
I don't think it influences McNair.

All I've got, and all you guys got, is each other. My fan affiliation with this team is actually this place right here. Right now.

And if we can't impact things on the field, at least we can be on here and know where one another stands. And it doesn't matter if we get people "converted" to our soap lifestyle or not. After five years of this particular "product," I'm talking football with my fellow fans and stating my position on how I feel about this team.

It's cathartic for me. If, and when, we DO end up winning enough to win the division or maybe make advance deep into the playoffs or maybe even win a title, then I will look back on this and remember the memories of how dissatisfied and cranky we were.

It's the whole package, Marcus. Not a singular moment or fleeting existence for me. Even McNair can blindly stumble upon a great HC and set of assistant coaches under that HC who have what it takes. At this point, we're just wishing for the CHANCE of McNair ridding us of one guy in favor of maybe a new guy who "gets it" and who can produce a next level up.

Is that laughable?
Old 12-03-2010   #20
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21813 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

The reason I don't have an avatar at all is because I've basically been too lazy to download one. lol. Hell, I just filled out the "location" boxes just a few days ago.

Avatar or not, I've been consistent with my feelings about Kubiak.

Fire his ass.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read