Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak,

reporting for duty, Sir.

Matt Schaub dear-in-the-headlights here, reporting for duty, Sir

Bob McNair how 'bout my Texans here, they really played well tonight............Thanks to all you great suckers......uh, I mean fans..............Hmmmmmmm, I wonder how much I made off 1/2 the gate and the Network kickback?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #2
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Matt Schaub dear-in-the-headlights here, reporting for duty, Sir

Good one
Old 12-02-2010   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

bye bye playoffs!!!!!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bye Bye Kubiak, A great offensive coach who left foster out of the 4 quarter, Dude and his whole friends list needs to go and tomorrow is not soon enough.
Old 12-03-2010   #5
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

What poor coaching decisions did Kubiak make tonight, though? Seriously. Having Frank Bush call your defensive plays doesn't count. His offensive play-calling was solid, his clock management was spot on. What else - as the head coach - could he really have done? The players sucked and the defensive play-calling sucked, period.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
What poor coaching decisions did Kubiak make tonight, though? Seriously. Having Frank Bush call your defensive plays doesn't count. His offensive play-calling was solid, his clock management was spot on. What else - as the head coach - could he really have done? The players sucked and the defensive play-calling sucked, period.
He's had several solid games from a planning standpoint. I really can't fault him for anything from the offensive standpoint. I hold him responsible for the atrocity that is the defense because he's the head coach, but I agree that falls on Frank Bush. I would really like to know how much Kubiak gameplans the defense on a week to week basis.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Kubiak and I like Frank Bush. They're good people and I'd like to keep them on my coaching staff... Just not as HC and DC.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2010   #8
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really, how about see the post prior to yours. No touches for Arian Foster after his 2nd TD. Might as well been in the locker room after that.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #9
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I like Kubiak and I like Frank Bush. They're good people and I'd like to keep them on my coaching staff... Just not as HC and DC.
Not me, I want them both far removed from this team. They've done enough.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man, you're here every week after a game sticking up for Kubiak. It's almost like you think a HC has absolutely no influence at all on a team.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #11
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Not me, I want them both far removed from this team. They've done enough.
Dom Capers, bad HC. He has recently put together one of the best defenses in the league.

Rod Marinelli, horrible HC of the worst team in football history. He's a legendary defensive line coach who now coaches one of the best defenses in the league.

Charlie Weiss.

Wade Phillips.

I could go on. Many great coaches should not be head coaches, but you'd be lucky as hell to have them in your coaching staff. Kubiak has developed two Superbowl winning quarterbacks and ran an offense that won a Superbowl. We'd be lucky to keep him as offensive coordinator.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Kubiak will find another job as an OC. Frank Bush is not ready for the DC position.

But if McNair's hints/comments making the playoffs this year or else were true, Kubiak and Bush should be history. In fact, if Rick Smith doesn't at least recommend to his boss, Mr. McNair, that his buddy Gary needs to go, then he should go too. That IS the GM's job, right? ...to make recommendations on how best to improve the team??

I'm not ever going to hoist the pink soap but I'm letting my Sunshine Club membership expire along with our chances of making the playoffs this year.

That was the deal I made with myself at the beginning of the season.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63823 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Really, how about see the post prior to yours. No touches for Arian Foster after his 2nd TD. Might as well been in the locker room after that.
Unless I'm mistaken, Foster wasn't even in the game on the critical fourth down play at the end of fourth quarter. I think Ward was in. If he was in to block, that is typical Texans. Rather than leaving their best players in the game and making the defense account for them, Kubiak takes them out to try to account for the defense. Passive.

Remember the ridicule this board heaped on Reggie Bush when he wasn't in on the fourth down play at the end of the game in the USC v Texas championship game? The Texans deserve that same ridicule. Kubiak and his enablers have earned it the past two years after the training wheels should have come off.
Old 12-03-2010   #14
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #15
Texanator
Rabid Brahma

Rep Power: 3349 Texanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

You mess with the Bull, you get the horn!
Texanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak should be investigated for gambling on his own games.

He keeps taking Foster out in the 4th because he's playing the Under.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #17
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

keep waiting for the announcement, "there will be no coaches show cause the coach is fired"

I am sorry I just cannot be nice here what with us taking the lead and shelving the best running back in the league.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read