Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2010   #1
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trindon Holliday

The conservative decision-making that led to this guy being shelved for the year is the type of mentality that is pervasive throughout this team.

Holliday would be light years ahead of Slaton by now had they just not been so damn scared to death of anything that was not conservative to the bone. Any sort of risk at all and they tuck their tail and run the other way. That's why we have a creampuff team with a creampuff coach and a creampuff qb leading the whole brigade.
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trindon Holliday

He got injured so this is a dumb thread.

ETA he sucked in pre-season as well.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

This thread = fail. The dude is on the IR.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #4
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

...and he didnt do squat in the preseason except fumble
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #5
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
The conservative decision-making that led to this guy being shelved for the year is the type of mentality that is pervasive throughout this team.

Holliday would be light years ahead of Slaton by now had they just not been so damn scared to death of anything that was not conservative to the bone. Any sort of risk at all and they tuck their tail and run the other way. That's why we have a creampuff team with a creampuff coach and a creampuff qb leading the whole brigade.
and creampuff posters who don't even know that players are on IR. This thread gets

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #6
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

This makes me want to start a thread...
Old 12-02-2010   #7
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

This is not going the way the OP thought it would.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2010   #8
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the worst thread I've ever seen.
Old 12-02-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are you really that obtuse, or are you just trying to be clever?

Wear a hat much?
Old 12-02-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Was his injury really season-ending, or was it a way to stash him away for next year without losing him to waiver wire/injury settlement or using up a PS spot?

Not saying that he didn't have an injury, moreso saying it might not have been season-ending in reality?

Just saying this because I thought I remembered this being a theory back when it happened.
Old 12-02-2010   #11
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dumbass is strong in this one....

The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
He got injured so this is a dumb thread.

ETA he sucked in pre-season as well.
the conservative decision that i assume the OP is referring to is shelving holliday for a minor ligament tear in his thumb. if i remember correctly (not my strong suit), the injury wasnt severe and would've recovered in just over a month. he would've been back by week 4 or 5 at the latest.

because he struggled in preseason, they most likely decided at that point he probably wasnt good enough to be ready this season and used the injury to put him on IR instead of PUP or the practice squad. this was probably the right call, so i disagree with the OP, but holliday sure couldnt be worse than slaton.
Old 12-03-2010   #13
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
the conservative decision that i assume the OP is referring to is shelving holliday for a minor ligament tear in his thumb. if i remember correctly (not my strong suit), the injury wasnt severe and would've recovered in just over a month. he would've been back by week 4 or 5 at the latest.

because he struggled in preseason, they most likely decided at that point he probably wasnt good enough to be ready this season and used the injury to put him on IR instead of PUP or the practice squad. this was probably the right call, so i disagree with the OP, but holliday sure couldnt be worse than slaton.
IDK, he did fumble the ball a few times in pre-season.

The guys I really want to see back on the field are Barwin and Tate.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #14
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post

I think you're right. Holliday's chances of making an NFL team were slim at best. His injury was essentially a death sentence. He showed very little in the way of turning into a solid KR. I wonder if he'll be in training camp or if he'll be cut outright next year.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

yup, which is why it was the right call (though a conservative one) to put him on IR. slaton didnt help this arguement by putting one on the turf tonight either. what happened to our return game? we used to be good.

i couldnt agree more about barwin and tate, two guys we really need.
Old 12-03-2010   #16
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

So I looked it up. Looks like he fumbled and muffed because of the injury. Maybe he will get a shot next year.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7169979.html
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #17
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how the thread goes.
This is not a thread going contest....

He was put on IR because they gave up on him and didn't want to cut him. If you can't see through the smoke and mirrors that is the NFL IR then I guess you still believe in Santa Claus too.

Holliday could have played this year had they not been so scared. The coaching staff, the owner, the GM...sooo so scared.
They play scared, they maked scared decisions, they are conservative to a fault.

If you couldn't see that Holliday Pro Bowl type return skills from the few that he did return. You HAVE to do whatever you have to do to make sure he gets back on the field at some point.

He will be a Pro Bowl returner at some point, hopefully it will be here.
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #18
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't care how the thread goes.
This is not a thread going contest....

He was put on IR because they gave up on him and didn't want to cut him. If you can't see through the smoke and mirrors that is the NFL IR then I guess you still believe in Santa Claus too.

Holliday could have played this year had they not been so scared. The coaching staff, the owner, the GM...sooo so scared.
They play scared, they maked scared decisions, they are conservative to a fault.

If you couldn't see that Holliday Pro Bowl type return skills from the few that he did return. You HAVE to do whatever you have to do to make sure he gets back on the field at some point.

He will be a Pro Bowl returner at some point, hopefully it will be here.
Meh. I agree with you, but at the same time I disagree.

I do believe that Holliday will be a pro bowl level returner. However, this was not his year. Thumb injuries can be a pain to recover from, and I do not trust the medical staff to wait until he was fully recovered to let him play.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

At least this thread has some humor in it to break up all the doom and gloom elsewhere. Even if the humor is unintentional.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010   #20
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

This thread is full of fail and AIDS.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read