Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010   #101
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Sanchez looks good because his defense is solid. Same with Flacco. Put Schaub on those teams and I imagine they'd win more games. I would say that Schaub is a top 10 QB, and that's more than enough to win in the NFL. But no QB, not Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, (insert hall of famer here) can win when his defense gives up 30+ pts. per game. It's just not possible.

I imagine that this year, Schaub's stats would be even better if our defense could give him the ball more often. The fact of the matter is our defense can't stop anyone and so the offense is never on the field.
Yeah I 100% agree. Was just pointing out to those that want to get rid of the QB that even if Matt was average (I think he's better than that) it's not all on him.

Matt isn't perfect, but I just want to warn some of you...some teams (Bills...Raiders...) have been looking for a decent QB for a while now. Are you guys sure you want to go back to that?

I'm fine with Matt. He's better than at least half of the league and we can't completely forget the year he had last season.
Old 12-02-2010   #102
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Because he could be elite, that is the frustrating part of the whole dam thing. He stops making stupid mistakes constantly that kill drives, he can be elite. The comparison comes form other ELITE Qbs who do not makes those mistake, thus they are ELITE. It is that simple. This is the same QB that led the NFL last season in yardage, so he can throw the ball, he just makes the dumb mistakes.

Schaub isn't to blame but when he does dumb ass thing like he did tonight and has this season, he helping the cause either....
I would say that part of the reason that Schaub doesn't look elite is that he has no room for error. If he makes a mistake as every QB does in this league his team loses since they (defense) can't make up for the mistakes.

If Peyton or Brady makes a mistake, it can get covered by the rest of his team.

I agree that Schaub has some head scratchers, but his defense is so awful they can't hand him the ball back after he does make a mistake.
Old 12-02-2010   #103
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I would say that part of the reason that Schaub doesn't look elite is that he has no room for error. If he makes a mistake as every QB does in this league his team loses since they (defense) can't make up for the mistakes.

If Peyton or Brady makes a mistake, it can get covered by the rest of his team.

I agree that Schaub has some head scratchers, but his defense is so awful they can't hand him the ball back after he does make a mistake.
Rep for this one. Who else felt like once the Texans did not respond to the Vick TD that put the Eagles up by 3 that it was a done deal? Because we all knew, deep down we knew the Eagles would march right down the field and go up by 10.
Old 12-02-2010   #104
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Matt isn't perfect, but I just want to warn some of you...some teams (Bills...Raiders...) have been looking for a decent QB for a while now. Are you guys sure you want to go back to that?
God no.
Quote:
I'm fine with Matt. He's better than at least half of the league and we can't completely forget the year he had last season.
Amen. He's certainly capable enough for us to win in this league, but like anyone else in this league he needs a supporting cast (defense) to do so.
Old 12-02-2010   #105
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's not about him getting hit violently. It's about consistency. If his jersey said Manning/Brees/Brady, you bet your ****ing sweet ass they call it.
Are you seriously blaming Matt for the problems??? I dont have anything else to say!! I am done and going to bed. Not going to deal with ridiculous blame!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
Old 12-02-2010   #106
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rep for this one. Who else felt like once the Texans did not respond to the Vick TD that put the Eagles up by 3 that it was a done deal? Because we all knew, deep down we knew the Eagles would march right down the field and go up by 10.
Exactly. After his mistake (which was a fluke, not a bad decision), he only led the team back to a 24-20 LEAD. And someone wants to throw him under the bus?

Rep.
Old 12-02-2010   #107
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

We have had no defense for HOW MANYGAMES!!!!!! Seriously you are going to put it on Matt??????
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2010   #108
hradhak
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Are you seriously blaming Matt for the problems??? I dont have anything else to say!! I am done and going to bed. Not going to deal with ridiculous blame!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
No, I think what he's saying is that Schaub got screwed by the bad no call. Schaub got tomahawked in the helmet and Brady, etc would have gotten the call. If you're going to call it for Manning, you have to call it for Bruce Gradkowski, David Carr, and anyone else in the damn league who's a QB.
Old 12-03-2010   #109
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Where in God's name did you get that from my post?
Old 12-03-2010   #110
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

DIdnt Denver had a very bad D for like the last two years of the shanny era there

Its like the exact same thing is happening here
Old 12-03-2010   #111
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Where in God's name did you get that from my post?
Hey Matrix!!!! I am sorry! U had the raw end of the deal!!!
Old 12-03-2010   #112
hradhak
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
DIdnt Denver had a very bad D for like the last two years of the shanny era there

Its like the exact same thing is happening here
They did and Shanny wouldn't switch the D coordinator out so he got canned.
Denver's defense under Shanny was never really all that great after the Super Bowl seasons.
Old 12-03-2010   #113
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9715 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Defense lost this game, end of story. Good night, and Miller Lite.
Old 12-03-2010   #114
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
So when he skipped it to Kevin Walter who was 8 yards away? What happened there?
He saw a second defender coming up to jump the route, which wasn't apparent from the live camera angle, but was in replay. Throwing it high enough for Walter to catch was risking a pick six. Throwing it to Walter's feet was his way of throwing it away.
Old 12-03-2010   #115
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I'm not sure if I'm done with Schaub, but his inability to run a simple 5 yarder in open space is really pissing me off.
watch that play again ( I assume you're talking about the third down where he skipped it to Walter), there's a safety unblocked right at the 1st down line in front of him. There's no way he's picking that up unless he turns into Vick for a play. This team has many problems. Schaub does sometimes add to them, but he's right behind Andre and Arian at the bottom of the list of people we need to replace.
Old 12-03-2010   #116
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Never really thought of that until now but you are right. He is not clutch. When the shinola hits the fan he runs for cover.
Seriously? He's led us to two wins in the final minute this season. He's not perfect by any means. But what exactly is clutch if not that 4th and 10 conversion to Andre or that drive against KC?
Old 12-03-2010   #117
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think this is just true. Schaub has limitations that can be schemed around but he's not going to carry anybody on his shoulders. He does a lot with not much in the way of tools. He doesn't have a strong arm. He isn't particularly accurate, and he's certainly not mobile. He isn't (consistently) clutch and makes bad decisions under pressure.

If you can protect him, provide him with a running game, and have a defense that can hold their own then Schaub won't kill you but if you can't do that or don't have those things (or won't use them from time to time for no particular reason other than that you're the smartest coach in the room) then he can be a liability at times.

We have a lousy defense so we're done from the get-go regardless of all of that. "Least of our problems" is a good description of Matt Schaub. If our biggest real problem was rectified then Schaub's maddening play would be a just a minor irritant.
You do know he threw for 4,700 yards last year with an average line and one of the worst rushing games in the NFL, right? Do you people even read what you write? I'm almost embarrassed to be in the same fan base as some of you people.
We gave up 30+ points again. We lost the game because we gave up a 3rd and 19. We couldn't stop a draw play to save our lives.
But it's Matt's fault. I don't even like the guy that much, but you're just so wrong that I can't help but defend him.
Old 12-03-2010   #118
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Stupid thread. Schaub's a great quarterback. When he has an open receiver, he puts it on the money.

Even Manning throws one pick a game. The OP is just being petulant.
Actually, Manning has thrown NINE picks in his last four games. They lost three of those four. Every time Manning faces a tough D, he struggles. (See San Diego, New England).

Rex Ryan figured out how to shut down Tom Brady in NYJ v. NE I. It'll be interesting to see if that works again in the rematch this Sunday.

My point?
All QBs can be stopped. It's just does your squad have the defensive personnel/scheme/coaching to get it done?

It took a perfect game by Cutler (one of his few) and the stud Bears defense (and their ability to pressure Vick with just their front four) to beat Vick & the Eagles. We don't have the Bears' defense (or even anything remotely close) and Schaub didn't pitch a perfect game.
Old 12-03-2010   #119
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
You do know he threw for 4,700 yards last year with an average line and one of the worst rushing games in the NFL, right? Do you people even read what you write? I'm almost embarrassed to be in the same fan base as some of you people.
We gave up 30+ points again. We lost the game because we gave up a 3rd and 19. We couldn't stop a draw play to save our lives.
But it's Matt's fault. I don't even like the guy that much, but you're just so wrong that I can't help but defend him.
Just re-read that. That wasn't mostly addressed at you Hervoyel, although it definitely comes off that way. More aimed at the one you were quoting. One too many for me it seems.
Old 12-03-2010   #120
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

@ this thread.

Some of you guys would SERIOUSLY consider trading Schaub for a backup/project like Kolb? The dude may not be an elite QB, maybe not even a Top 10 QB...but the guy is good enough to help you win games if your D was at least somewhat competent. I could understand wanting to draft a QB in this year's draft to groom behind Schaub, but to give up on Schaub completely is just ridiculous.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read