Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2010   #61
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
no, but I would trade for Kevin Kolb in heartbeat.....
You weren't happy with Vick's first backup. So you want to try this one?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Old 12-02-2010   #62
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Next thread. Matt is far from the problem.

You want to talk about overrated players, talk about Pollard. The 30 yard pass the Jackson caught(which led to Philly getting the lead) was solely because he ran right past Pollard like he wasn't even there.

I still have faith in Pollard (not as a everydown guy), but I think he is a big reason our secondary is playing how they are.
Old 12-02-2010   #63
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I get it, but i just can't get on a guy when every time he hits the field, he absolutely has to lead his team down for a TD or its pretty much all over. Sometimes you need another facet of the team to pick you up. How about a TD return special teams? How about an int and a short field D? I mean truthfully, the guy always has to drive 75 + yards to score. Manning & Brady don't even do that stuff.
That I will agree on, he does get the short end of the stick when it comes to field position, but fact remains, he makes far too many mental mistakes that kill drives for his team. That is something you don't see Manning, Brady or even Brees and Rivers make and if he wants to be in that class, he needs to find a way to eliminate those mistakes....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
Old 12-02-2010   #64
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
You weren't happy with Vick's first backup. So you want to try this one?

Mike
ha, Vick's second backup has a far better arm and can move around a bit better in the pocket, but yeah they are basically the same player I guess...

Old 12-02-2010   #65
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That I will agree on, he does get the short end of the stick when it comes to field position, but fact remains, he makes far too many mental mistakes that kill drives for his team. That is something you don't see Manning, Brady or even Brees and Rivers make and if he wants to be in that class, he needs to find a way to eliminate those mistakes....
he's not that class of qb....not even kolb is.

how about we get a defense first.
Old 12-02-2010   #66
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

You want to talk about overrated players, talk about Pollard. The 30 yard pass the Jackson caught(which led to Philly getting the lead) was solely because he ran right past Pollard like he wasn't even there.

I still have faith in Pollard (not as a everydown guy), but I think he is a big reason our secondary is playing how they are.
already have in the Bearnard Pollard thread.... 8 red zone TDs given up by ol' "BoneCrusher" and 0 picks

Old 12-02-2010   #67
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

Agree...

So KC was on to something regarding Pollard. Fantastic in the box, oustide... ehhh.. not so much.
Old 12-02-2010   #68
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Schaub has led us on too many comebacks and has shown he is a leader for me to give up on him. But, he does make too many dumb mistakes at times.
I have to agree with that. He can make the plays, but he has extremely poor pocket awareness and doesn't protect the ball. Sometimes I just wish he could at least slide around in the pocket, but I know he doesn't always have anywhere to go because his starting C is usually 4 yards in the backfield.
Old 12-02-2010   #69
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Schaub has had the traits of a loser since the day he got here.
He just has absolutely no traits that a winner has.

He folds up under pressure. He never rises to the occasion. He just simply is not very good, bless his heart. He tries.....
He just is not good.
One of the guidelines for posting here is to attack the post, not the poster.

This has to be one of the worst posts ever. Obviously, whoever penned this abomnimation of a post has never watched any Texans football over the last 3 years...

Right now, I am nail spitting mad, and pretty drunk too, but you can kiss my ass dumb****!
Old 12-02-2010   #70
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97roc View Post
Agree...

So KC was on to something regarding Pollard. Fantastic in the box, oustide... ehhh.. not so much.
Get Pollard to start overtraining, put some weight on him and make him a LB. He isn't a starting caliber S for an NFL team.

Of course we don't field an NFL defense so maybe he's ok here.
Old 12-02-2010   #71
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Get Pollard to start overtraining, put some weight on him and make him a LB. He isn't a starting caliber S for an NFL team.

Of course we don't field an NFL defense so maybe he's ok here.
Pollard would make an amazing WLB if he bulked up...now THERE's a thought.
Old 12-02-2010   #72
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
he's not that class of qb....not even kolb is.

how about we get a defense first.
must return the with 2 for lack of reading comprehension....

Never said he was in that class in fact I think I said he would not be in that class due to the constant mental mistakes that not even Manning, Brady or Brees and Rivers make that kill drives for their teams....

Old 12-02-2010   #73
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
must return the with 2 for lack of reading comprehension....

Never said he was in that class in fact I think I said he would not be in that class due to the constant mental mistakes that not even Manning, Brady or Brees and Rivers make that kill drives for their teams....
you're comparing him to those qb's.

why compare him to brady or manning? hes not those type of qb's so why should their name be brought up?

yall want schaub to be flawless to overcompensate for a TERRIBLE defense? i can't believe this logic
Old 12-02-2010   #74
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

How about Charlie Batch or Dennis dexion ????????????? AJ freely ????

Dat backup from the jets carson Palmer

U know who i would jump on right now VY yup hate him all u want VY does win
Old 12-02-2010   #75
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not that, it's the dumb, mental mistakes Schaub makes consistently that irritate folks. Instead of running for the wide open first down again for the second week, he tries to throw it on the run and skips it or throws a uncatchable ball that kills a drive. Constantly holding on to the ball far too long, under throwing receivers constantly....

and this is just to name a few....
he was'nt getting that first down. Just because an announcer says something does'nt make it so.
Old 12-02-2010   #76
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
he was'nt getting that first down. Just because an announcer says something does'nt make it so.
Agreed, and even if he had completed that pass to Walter I believe he was short of the first down marker anyway.
Old 12-02-2010   #77
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub can't run from the sidelines and stop a 3rd and 19. Why the Schaub hate tonight?
Old 12-02-2010   #78
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
the hell he wasn't there was nobody around him for 7 yards, he only needed 4. Could have easily ran and slid 4 yards...

Old 12-02-2010   #79
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

DO u think we need another good QB next year to at least put pressure on scahub next year

Becasue these Scrubs Dano and MattyL who came from losing teams arent going 2 do nothing IMO at least here
Old 12-02-2010   #80
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the hell he wasn't there was nobody around him for 7 yards, he only needed 4. Could have easily ran and slid 4 yards...
You got that backwards. It was 3rd and 7. He would've gotten 4.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read