Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011   #201
4x4tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 448 4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: im done with schaub

he just has to get tougher and be willing to take some hits. He is a buy guy surely he is not going to break in half, although the grabbing of the helmet thing really had me baffled...maybe the guy scratched his neck? lol
Old 09-25-2011   #202
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

sissy
Old 09-25-2011   #203
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
so will take him over sanchez, big ben, brady, flacco, brees, rodgers etc
I think your asking me if I would take him over those names.
I would definately take Brees, Rodgers, and Brady over Schaub. The other 3 have their plusses and minuses.

My point was you pretty much said that Schaub is the number 11 QB in the league right now, and that we can go to QBMart and just pick up a new elite QB talent. If it was so easy then why haven't those other 21 teams not done yet?
Old 09-25-2011   #204
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Un-f-ing believable really. Schaub sucks?????

Seasons over let's install Wade as the HC.

This board is unbelievable sometimes. I'm outta here until things cool down. You Philly like fans aren't bringing me down.
Old 09-25-2011   #205
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Its threads like these that make me long for the days before message boards and the internet.

We are among the "Them"
Old 09-25-2011   #206
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Once again, how would we get any of those guys? You see elite QBs bumming around as free agents? Maybe Favre?
Old 09-25-2011   #207
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Tom Brady suxs he chunked 4 picks today against the frickin bills....1 was a pick 6 that pretty much costed them the game..some of you guys are just morons. I think i'm gonna do what Gwallia & stay away from these boards...too many dumbasses with knee jerk reactions.
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2011   #208
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toan View Post
I don't think anyone is saying he sucks.. but, c'mon, let's be real here. Long term analysis, this guy will not win us a superbowl, unless our D starts playing like the 2000 Ravens team. The dude is way too inconsistent, hot and cold, jekyll and hyde

We need a actual franchise QB, if we are ever going to take that step to get our team where we want them to be
Did you not see how we moved the ball today? We scored 33 points. 33 points should be enough to win a game.
Old 09-25-2011   #209
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
If the team can't see that Schaub is a loser by now then they deserve what they get. They can cut him loose now and get started with the rebuild or they can give him 4 more years and wallow in mediocrity for those four years then start the rebuild.

I cannot think of a single quarterback out there that I wouldn't rather have.

To have the talent he has around him and to still be 10th in the league in ppg.

The team wins in spite of him, not because of him.
I would like to see Matt traded.

I would like to see him with a team that can play defense. He would be All-Pro.

How many Houston fans didnt think the defense was going to give up a TD in every posession in the fourth quarter?

Matt leads a drive to set up the win with 2 minutes left. What's my only thought?
ooops...We scored too quickly.

Let Matt go somewhere else. He dewserves it after the years he has suffered here.
Old 09-25-2011   #210
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think anyone is saying he sucks.. but, c'mon, let's be real here. Long term analysis, this guy will not win us a superbowl, unless our D starts playing like the 2000 Ravens team. The dude is way too inconsistent, hot and cold, jekyll and hyde

We need a actual franchise QB, if we are ever going to take that step to get our team where we want them to be
Then our only hope is that he improves, and gets more consistent and makes better decisions under pressure. I mean, what else are we supposed to do? We can keep improving our defense and hope to stay healthy. On offense, bringing in a healthy AF will help for sure.

I mean it's not as easy as going to the Franchise QB store and picking one up.
Old 09-25-2011   #211
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't believe you're saying you'd take Sanchez over Schaub, the dude has his faults but c'mon man Sanchez is holding the Jets back from being great not helping them to be really good.

Moving on to Schaub today, not that I think we should run him out of town or anything but he has a lot to work on for me.

This season he doesn't seem to have got into the zone with Andre, I've seen the ball bouncing out of AJ's hands too many times so far and logic leads me to believe that its Schaub's timing rather than AJ having hands of stone.

His pocket presence looks to have regressed somewhat, our O-line is built to concentrate on the run and is doing a very good job in that area but allows pressure to penetrate in Pass Pro.

Schaub doesn't do a good enough job of finding the check down when that happens, and frankly, when the line is setup the way it is, its on the QB to find a way of coping with that, we're not asking for Michael Vick or anything here, just feel the pressure coming and slide, and know where your RB is to get the ball out.

I definately believe all of these problems have come from Schaubs turnover problems earlier in his career, I think Kubiak designs the O to either get the 1st down or protect the ball.

I'm not sure we'll ever fully understand how good Schaub is tbh, in my mind there is the possibility that his elite numbers are genuine and he is a really good (not great) QB in a system which is designed to support the run as much as possible and then pass the ball. On the other hand he could be totally average in a great system that gets him the yardage. I really don't know, but I certainly wouldn't be looking to get rid of him while we have other priorities.
We will remember them.
Old 09-25-2011   #212
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
I would like to see Matt traded.

I would like to see him with a team that can play defense. He would be All-Pro.

How many Houston fans didnt think the defense was going to give up a TD in every posession in the fourth quarter?

Matt leads a drive to set up the win with 2 minutes left. What's my only thought?
ooops...We scored too quickly.

Let Matt go somewhere else. He dewserves it after the years he has suffered here.
all pro maybe but if he goes to a team without a hall of fame WR (AJ) and an all pro TE (OD) and a very good RB (Tate or Foster) he will only be a below average QB.
Old 09-25-2011   #213
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL. It is such a kick in the nuts to be a fan of this team.

My balls hurt.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 09-25-2011   #214
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool story bro

Did you see how we were scoring the points when the Saints were slumping in the 1st half?
And that was Schaub's fault? What hope does a QB have in the redzone when we call plays that include having Slaton in the backfield, or just no RB at all?
Old 09-25-2011   #215
4x4tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 448 4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub would be great if he never gets hit or had to scramble. Once he gets pressure he is toast and panicks. I still cant remember him making a throw and getting crunched as he is doing it because thats what it takes. Instead I see his feet get jittery and him short arm the ball for a skip pass or INT. He doesnt like to get his uniform dirty. Brees on the other hand is a tough little bastard and is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Come on schaub grabbing his head like he had really been hit was embarrassing.
Old 09-25-2011   #216
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll TAKE HIM.. OVER FLACCO and SANCHEZ... for sure
Old 09-25-2011   #217
ATXan
Rookie

Just heard that there is a 85% of fair weather today. They say it will last until next Sunday at 3:15 pm.
Old 09-25-2011   #218
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
And that was Schaub's fault? What hope does a QB have in the redzone when we call plays that include having Slaton in the backfield, or just no RB at all?
Because Slaton can run the ball in or slip out to catch the ball and be overlooked by defense focusing on AJ and TEs.
Old 09-25-2011   #219
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 21910 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Did you not see how we moved the ball today? We scored 33 points. 33 points should be enough to win a game.
thirty three points is nothing in an offense driven league, saints avg 32 before this game and hit how many today
Old 09-25-2011   #220
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Can't believe you're saying you'd take Sanchez over Schaub, the dude has his faults but c'mon man Sanchez is holding the Jets back from being great not helping them to be really good.

Moving on to Schaub today, not that I think we should run him out of town or anything but he has a lot to work on for me.

This season he doesn't seem to have got into the zone with Andre, I've seen the ball bouncing out of AJ's hands too many times so far and logic leads me to believe that its Schaub's timing rather than AJ having hands of stone.

His pocket presence looks to have regressed somewhat, our O-line is built to concentrate on the run and is doing a very good job in that area but allows pressure to penetrate in Pass Pro.

Schaub doesn't do a good enough job of finding the check down when that happens, and frankly, when the line is setup the way it is, its on the QB to find a way of coping with that, we're not asking for Michael Vick or anything here, just feel the pressure coming and slide, and know where your RB is to get the ball out.

I definately believe all of these problems have come from Schaubs turnover problems earlier in his career, I think Kubiak designs the O to either get the 1st down or protect the ball.

I'm not sure we'll ever fully understand how good Schaub is tbh, in my mind there is the possibility that his elite numbers are genuine and he is a really good (not great) QB in a system which is designed to support the run as much as possible and then pass the ball. On the other hand he could be totally average in a great system that gets him the yardage. I really don't know, but I certainly wouldn't be looking to get rid of him while we have other priorities.
is it just me or did sanchez beat peyton then brady last year in the PLAYOFFS, not saying anything just saying
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read