Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster.......He Da Man!

Tracking Foster’s standout season Posted by Nick Scurfield on December 1, 2010 – 11:00 am

Quote:
A weekly by-the-numbers look at running back Arian Foster, who’s in hot pursuit of the NFL rushing title in his second season as an undrafted free agent out of Tennessee:

Through 11 games, Foster…:

…leads the league in rushing yards (1,147). Next is the Chiefs’ Jamaal Charles with 1,021.

…leads the league in yards from scrimmage (1,600). Next is Charles with 1,380.
…leads the league in rushing touchdowns (12). Next is the Browns’ Peyton Hillis with 11.

…is tied for second in the league in total touchdowns (13) with Hillis. The Chiefs’ Dwayne Bowe ranks first with 14 touchdowns.

…leads the league in 200-yard games from scrimmage (2). Eight other players have eclipsed 200 yards from scrimmage in one game. Foster had 238 yards from scrimmage in Week 1 and 218 in Week 12.

…is tied for the league lead in 100-yard rushing games (6) with the Titans’ Chris Johnson and Falcons’ Michael Turner.

…leads the league in rushing first downs (66). Next is the Jaguars’ Maurice Jones-Drew with 60.

Other notes:

Foster is one of only 10 undrafted players in NFL history to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a season. The most rushing yards in a single season by an undrafted free agent was 1,615 by Priest Holmes of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2002. Foster is on pace for 1,668 yards.

Foster has gained a first down on 29.5 percent of his carries 224 carries. Since 1991, only five players have had a higher percentage of their carries go for first downs.

Foster is on pace for 1,668 rushing yards, 2,327 yards from scrimmage, 17 rushing touchdowns and 19 total touchdowns. The rushing yards would be 38th-most all-time; the scrimmage yards would be seventh-most all-time; the rushing TDs would tie for 22nd all-time; and the total TDs would tie for 26th all-time.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster.......He Da Man!

Wow, just wow.

I hope they'll let him blow those records wide open!
Old 12-02-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It dawned on me last night that if he finishes the season as the leagues leading rusher, it will be the first time a Houston NFL team had the leagues leading rusher since the best RB that ever lived did it - Earl Campbell.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

It's crazy how he's carving up extremely good running defenses (Jets, Chargers come to mind off the bat).

Big test coming up against Balty, but Arian has seemed more than ready to answer the bell this season.
Old 12-02-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

AF running through the Eagles D with a weaponized football.

Old 12-02-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

So impressive. He's a lock to go to the pro bowl could even earn all pro honors with those numbers.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be honest... after seeing his interview last night on NFLn... he seems a little disconnected from the team. I thnk that Arian Foster will start to show signs of Arian Foster being all about Arian Foster. He just radiates that sort of jibe to me. I hope he remains focused and remembers that this is a football team because he is a badass. ALWAYS sheds the first tackler. LOVE IT!

Protect the rock.
Old 12-02-2010   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I'll be honest... after seeing his interview last night on NFLn... he seems a little disconnected from the team. I thnk that Arian Foster will start to show signs of Arian Foster being all about Arian Foster. He just radiates that sort of jibe to me. I hope he remains focused and remembers that this is a football team because he is a badass. ALWAYS sheds the first tackler. LOVE IT!

Protect the rock.
That's what you got from that interview? I'm watching it right now he just seems soft spoken to me. Crediting his O-line and the passing game to all his success.

Maybe I'm just a Foster fan-boy and I don't know it (Actually the leading candidate for Foster manlove is definitely Carr Bombed).
Old 12-02-2010   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
That's what you got from that interview? I'm watching it right now he just seems soft spoken to me. Crediting his O-line and the passing game to all his success.

Maybe I'm just a Foster fan-boy and I don't know it (Actually the leading candidate for Foster manlove is definitely Carr Bombed).
Yeah. I can't go by sound so I focused on his face for tone. All I do is read people like that all day long. It's how I get by in life. Of course, that shouldn't mean much or anything like that but it's just what I read into. The love for his team seemed somewhat force-fed looking at his expression. Arian wanted to talk about Arian Foster.

Eh... maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old 12-02-2010   #10
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't this the last year of his contract????

Oh SH*T!!!! Rick Pay the man!
Old 12-02-2010   #11
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Isn't this the last year of his contract????

Oh SH*T!!!! Rick Pay the man!
I believe I heard a while back that he is still locked-up for two more years....but he is barely making around $400K, if that. He may pull a Dunta or Chris Johnson if we don't bump up that salary.
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #12
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUFan View Post
I believe I heard a while back that he is still locked-up for two more years....but he is barely making around $400K, if that. He may pull a Dunta or Chris Johnson if we don't bump up that salary.
He's an exclusive rights free agent after the season.

Exactly wat that means? I kind of know but probably am confused. Anyone care to dumb the definition down into layman terms?
Old 12-02-2010   #14
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah. I can't go by sound so I focused on his face for tone. All I do is read people like that all day long. It's how I get by in life. Of course, that shouldn't mean much or anything like that but it's just what I read into. The love for his team seemed somewhat force-fed looking at his expression. Arian wanted to talk about Arian Foster.

Eh... maybe I'm just paranoid.
I haven't seen the interview but from the communication management training i've done over the years we are always told that 5% of communication is the words used and the other 95% is all in the way you say it. I'd say that puts you at an advantage when it comes to reading people when they're speaking NH cos all you are focused on is the body language and how they project themselves.

That said i sincerely hope you're wrong on this occasion of course.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Am I the only one that is a little concerned about a possible contract dispute with him at years end?

Not saying he is "one of those types of players" with attitude issues but I do not see him handling the contract issue like AJ did.

I dont know, maybe Im just being a worrier but for some reason I can see him wanting to be paid as a top 3 back and holding out until he gets it.......assuming he finishes the year like he has started.
Old 12-02-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was super excited when we got him as an UDFA. I wanted him in damn near every round after 4ish. I didn't know he would be THIS good. When you watch him, you see that he can truly be one of the best in the NFL for a few years. Total package RB.
Old 12-02-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll be honest... after seeing his interview last night on NFLn... he seems a little disconnected from the team.
Do you mean by that that he seemed somewhat self-centered, preoccupied with himself, with his new found success or am I misunderstanding what you're saying ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #18
Calface4
inthisforlife

Rep Power: 0 Calface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respectedCalface4 is a quality contributor and well respected

I could see him having some contract issues. NOthing major. But i definatly could not see him on another team's sideline next season. He wouldn't do that to us.... i hope
Calface4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's an exclusive rights free agent after the season.

Exactly wat that means? I kind of know but probably am confused. Anyone care to dumb the definition down into layman terms?
An Exclusive-Rights Free Agent is an NFL player who is not under contract, but has only two years of NFL experience (less than 3 "accrued" years). If his former club (Texans) makes him an offer at the three year veteran minimum salary, then that's it, he has to take it or leave the NFL. These guys have no right to negotiate with other teams. They are "free" only in the sense that they're free to quit.
Old 12-02-2010   #20
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Do you mean by that that he seemed somewhat self-centered, preoccupied with himself, with his new found success or am I misunderstanding what you're saying ?
I saw that to a minor extent when I watched it the first time. After seeing NH's take on it I watched it again with the sound off just for humor. Now I see where NH is coming from, and he may be on to something. Not to beat a dead horse, or sling him off a cliff(too soon?), but he was known for having a bit of an attitude when he came out of college if memory serves me correctly.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read