Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mike Vick

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
Is probably going to have 700 total yards and 8 tds against us.

Figured it would be interesting to discuss strategies for our worst defense in history to try and contain the most mobile, accurate, non-mistake making qb in the nfl. One interception this year. ONE! Lightning fast, extends plays. How do you defend that? Have cushing spy him every play? The longer the play, the harder for our craptacular secondary to stay on receivers. I'm just not seeing how this is supposed to work...enlighten me?

Safety help over the top... but then again I've been calling for that all season.

Defend the deep pass and let them run/dink and dunk down the field. Swarm the ballcarrier and constantly try and strip the ball.

On offense, hold onto the ball. Run Foster Run. Throw to Foster, get AJ involved and score some points. Schaub needs to get rid of the ball quickly.

I think it will actually be a pretty close game.

Safety help over the top... but then again I've been calling for that all season.

Defend the deep pass and let them run/dink and dunk down the field. Swarm the ballcarrier and constantly try and strip the ball.

On offense, hold onto the ball. Run Foster Run. Throw to Foster, get AJ involved and score some points. Schaub needs to get rid of the ball quickly.

I think it will actually be a pretty close game.

Did you guys watch Playbook on the NFL network? Our safeties are taking atrocious angles away from where the ball is being thrown. It looks like they're trying to AVOID getting to the ball.

And in a previous thread, I also mentioned the technique our secondary currently employs. It's absolutely terrible and leaves us in a bad position. This is all on David Gibbs.

With that said, the only way to contain Michael Vick is good gap management. The players need to stop trying to do too much and trust each other as a team. Do NOT overpursue. The speed of the Eagle's offense will certainly take advantage of that.

I think it was on MNF a couple nights ago they were saying that the Eagles red zone offense isn't all that great. Anyone know about our red zone defense? Even if/when they make big plays let's hope we can get them down and force some FGs.

BTW, how much do you hate life if you are Rusty Smith? If you can't light up this defense, you don't belong in the NFL. Spending all week licking your chops getting ready for the Texans secondary, then getting shut out? Heartbreak.

Michael Vick is an extraordinary NFL quarterback and a turd for a human being. I don’t like him a damn bit and I hope Mario abuses him like AJ did Innegan.

Let's not even play the game, then... Seriously, the Texans shouldn't have made the trip this morning and saved the money, passing that savings on to us season ticket holders.... :kitten:

I don't wish injury on anyone, but I don't consider Vick a person, so I hope he shatters every bone in his neck while playing us.

Just saying.

If our guys go into this game fearing MV like they do PM then it is over before it starts. Vick can be beaten, just like PM was last week. Turnovers are the key, IMHO, to winning this game. MV can get picked off just like any other QB IF our young guys will pay attention and focus on what they are suppose to do. IF our D can cause some fumbles and our guys are ALERT, and not half asleep like usual, they CAN make this a very interesting game. IF we wait until the forth quarter to wake up, like usual, then we are done before we start. A lot of friggin IF'S, but, this is 3am Thursday morning and I'm in the mood to believe in our team!! Just hope to see a hard fought game, and not a giveaway!!

Bring the pressure from his left, get him moving in the pocket, hopefully flush him right and see his accuracy fall apart.

Worked mostly for the Redskins.

BTW, how much do you hate life if you are Rusty Smith? If you can't light up this defense, you don't belong in the NFL. Spending all week licking your chops getting ready for the Texans secondary, then getting shut out? Heartbreak.

It shows he is not even a worthy backup in the NFL. Even a lowly backup could put up 200. A strong armed kangaroo could put up 200 yards on this Defense.

If our guys go into this game fearing MV like they do PM then it is over before it starts. Vick can be beaten, just like PM was last week. Turnovers are the key, IMHO, to winning this game. MV can get picked off just like any other QB IF our young guys will pay attention and focus on what they are suppose to do. IF our D can cause some fumbles and our guys are ALERT, and not half asleep like usual, they CAN make this a very interesting game. IF we wait until the forth quarter to wake up, like usual, then we are done before we start. A lot of friggin IF'S, but, this is 3am Thursday morning and I'm in the mood to believe in our team!! Just hope to see a hard fought game, and not a giveaway!!

You should only fear Michael Vick if you are a Pittbull........
:kubepalm:

One of Vick's biggest weaknesses is he can fumble when scrambling with the ball. A few turnovers like that and we have a shot.

As other people have pointed out also, forcing him to run out of the pocket to his right makes him a lot less accurate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=5876114

An open letter to the men and women of the sports reporting community.

"I am so disheartened and disappointed by your collective, lopsided praise of Michael Vick due to his recent spectacular on-field performance."

"The fighting is bad enough. But when the dogs aren't up to their standards of violence, they'll beat the dogs against walls until they're dead, hang, electrocute or drown them.

And if the schedule is too busy for torture that day, they'll just shoot them dead as the poor dogs gaze desperately into their eyes for just one moment of love or kindness. But love is one thing those dogs are forever and viciously denied."

Back