Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-01-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 610 WIP Radio Philadelphia "This has blow out written all over it".

http://player.radio.com/player/Radio...286&station=60

They don't think this is going to be a game. Ray Didinger is on right now discussing the matchup.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: 610 WIP Radio Philadelphia "This has blow out written all over it".

I know the nfl is about matchups...

they couldn't stop the Bears. I'm done.
Old 12-01-2010   #3
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37816 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I know the nfl is about matchups...

they couldn't stop the Bears. I'm done.
Cutler throws the ball much better than Schaub does, and Mike Martz
finally took his head out of his ass, and added a running game. The Bears
defense is LEAGUES better than that of the Texans.

This game DOES have blowout written all over it.
Old 12-01-2010   #4
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the players think that too, and we can sneek up on them and BAM!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly, win or lose, if the Texans make a game out of this I will be shocked. As a Giants fan I watch the Eagles quite a bit and they can tear you up. I just don't see how our sorry defense is going to stop them. This is the same team that hung up 35 first half points on the Skins.

Plus that stadium is a madhouse and they are pissed off about losing to the Bears.

I envision a lot of this tomorrow night.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

Huh? Big time disagree. Cutler is much more prone to turnovers and bad decisions.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Valid points. The run game isn't the only thing. They started giving Cutler extra protections in the backfield too. Martz is known for protecting with just 5. (The OL)

Folks, don't be too hard on the play calling when you see a run on 2nd and 8 through 12. Also, I want to see some more 3rd and 10 running, dammit!
Old 12-01-2010   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The Bears

Good thing we aren't playing the Bears defense.

I think it is "set-up" to be a blow out.... I can definitely see it happening.

But the Texans have never done what I think they will/should do.
Old 12-01-2010   #9
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Your argument is they couldn't stop the Bears? Hahahaha.

The Bears are 8-3 my friend. The Texans can only dream of a record like that.
Old 12-01-2010   #10
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But the Texans have never done what I think they will/should do.
That's because you constantly think they are going to magically turn into a playoff caliber team.
Old 12-01-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any given Thursday....
Old 12-01-2010   #12
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Your argument is they couldn't stop the Bears? Hahahaha.

The Bears are 8-3 my friend. The Texans can only dream of a record like that.
And if you think it's because of the offense, I'm going to laugh at you.
Old 12-01-2010   #13
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Mike starts with like an 60 touchdown pass in there first drive.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Honestly, win or lose, if the Texans make a game out of this I will be shocked. As a Giants fan I watch the Eagles quite a bit and they can tear you up. I just don't see how our sorry defense is going to stop them. This is the same team that hung up 35 first half points on the Skins.

Plus that stadium is a madhouse and they are pissed off about losing to the Bears.

For me, our wins are trapped in a vacuum-type environment. Because at this point, our wins are always needed and not luxury items.

This team is afraid to be elite. To me, it doesn't want the pressure and the expectation. It's easier for our team to always be down-and-out and then come riding to the rescue of the fans who have given up on the team. Doing juuuust enough to keep you on the hook. "We'll do better NEXT year..." says the Texans organization and its personnel.

So I expect nothing. It will be what it will be. I don't think Kubiak fares well vs. Andy Reid and his squad of coaches. They toy with us. They seem to always call the right plays at the right time, and yet that's not really no accident folks. It's just good, sound strategy planning that I believe the NFL's elite coaches are capable of cranking out week-to-week.

Our guys isn't doin that. He has his scripted plays. He wants our offense to be a fine-tuned machine whose players can outplay its opponents out there on the field, regardless of who we are playing that day. Changes are made at a glacial pace, and when they are made we often abandon other things that could be used in certain situations.

The Rex Ryans and the Andy Reids of the NFL are the types of guys who want to outwit and outsmart their opponents. If their players execute out ont he field, the plan is going to work. Which is why we see that Andy Reid chewed out one of his receivers recently.

We don't match up well vs. mobile, athletically-gifted QBs who can beat defenses by scrambling. We stand a chance vs. those QBs who stand in a pocket. Once a mobile QB gets outside the pocket, if they can run a little, they torch us badly.

This DOES have blow-out written all over it. I just wonder (a) if the Texans understand that, which I don't think they do nor do they care enough from a coach's standpoint to gameplan any differently to avoid or mitigate the damages, and (b) will it even matter if we somehow pull of the win? Because this team pretty much has to win out. Period. With some goofy math, they stand a chance of being able to have one more regular season loss. And that's if things get real goofy and we win our division somehow. Gonna' have to beat the jags AND the titans in order to have a shot at that, though. AND..gonna' have to beat a few more teams on top of that.

I'm just in this for the little moments like AJ-Innegan and AJ's accomplishment on receptions. This fan's Fanometer is calibrated to withstand disappointment.
Old 12-01-2010   #15
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They tend to struggle vs. decent offensive balanced teams which i think we are so we'll see how their defense holds up.

& the whole "angry after a loss" thing is overblown. They've got a divisional game with the cowboys on primetime right after us so, they may very well still look past us. Do i expect that? no, but no one expected the bears to pummel them this past week either. The outcome doesn't look promising, but i'm gonna ride with my boys to the end!.........although, i will be starting Desean Jackson on my fantasy team!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #16
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
And if you think it's because of the offense, I'm going to laugh at you.
Laugh at me. I'm not the one comparing the Texans favorably to the Bears.
Old 12-01-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
at stadium is a madhouse and they are pissed off about losing to the Bears.
Had Philly won up in Chitown, this could have been a trap-game for them and given us the chance we needed, but now they'll probably be very motivated Thursday night after the tough loss up there.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This team is afraid to be elite. To me, it doesn't want the pressure and the expectation. It's easier for our team to always be down-and-out and then come riding to the rescue of the fans who have given up on the team. Doing juuuust enough to keep you on the hook. "We'll do better NEXT year..." says the Texans organization and its personnel.
Oh man, I was just telling someone something similiar just last week. I said something to the effect that I thought the Texans were afraid of success.

Some people can't handle the success, and the subsequent pressures. I know people like that. We all do. Talented, smart, but just can't handle the spotlight. They wither, and would prefer to coast.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #19
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Is this a joke?????????
Old 12-01-2010   #20
BobbleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 14 BobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVP

Guess they may as well turn the plane around and come home if there is no chance...........why bother...........hell for that matter concede the rest of the season..........
BobbleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read