Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Chances vs Eagles?

Hate to say it, but I don't see how we can win this game unless we score more than 35 points.

We played better D vs Tenn, but that was against a rookie 6th round pick starting on the road.

Now we have to travel on a short week and take on one of the most potent offenses in the league.

Not saying there isn't a chance, but it's going to be really really tough with our D and their O.

Thoughts?
Old 11-30-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chances vs Eagles?

As down as I've been on the team I can't help my fandom from coming out. I really don't think we have a chance in this game, but I will be rooting for the team.

If we can get a win there, game on.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #3
texans90
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 texans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden covertexans90 could be on the next Madden cover

I know we struggle with scrambling qbs and our secondary has been atrocious but for some reason I just see us pulling this one out,I think last week(though it was a rookie qb) was what this secondary needed,it showed them we can stop a NFL offense haha but seriously I think we have a shot in this one, kubes always gets his guys ready the last 5 to save his job another year.
texans90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

This ain't the same 'ol Vick. If we don't get a pass rush on him, he'll
complete his throws. If we lose outside contain, he'll be 20 yards
upfield before you can blink. The Texans must play sound in the
secondary AND provide an adequate pass rush.

Therefore....

Eagles by 14
Old 11-30-2010   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Any given Thursday?

The fan in me says that anything can happen. If the Texans play sound defense and don't shoot themselves in the foot, try to mimic what Chicago did last weekend by cutting off Vick's lanes. Dude's arm has been tight this season, but I'd rather make him stay in the pocket with the potential for a pick. Make Cushing spy on him the whole game, too. And if our offense can score early and work out some long drives, keeping Vick off the field, while consistently putting points on the board, a win is possible.

However, the football analysis pragmatic side of me says Iggles by 17. The Texans have a history of letting their guards down after games like the Titans, and I'm just not convinced that Gary the Head Coach can inspire them to play at the level that will be required to beat a team of Philly's caliber right now.
Old 11-30-2010   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to say it, but what he did to Washington a few weeks back still gives me nightmares. I know the Redskins defense is bad, but alot of what he did in that game was more Vick than it was "bad redskins defense".

If Vick is on and our defense is on, we'll still lose.

If Vick is on and our defense comes out stinking up the place, it's going to be a blowout.

This is going to have to be a game where our offense shows up and plays 4 quarters.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #7
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Hate to say it, but what he did to Washington a few weeks back still gives me nightmares. I know the Redskins defense is bad, but alot of what he did in that game was more Vick than it was "bad redskins defense".

If Vick is on and our defense is on, we'll still lose.

If Vick is on and our defense comes out stinking up the place, it's going to be a blowout.

This is going to have to be a game where our offense shows up and plays 4 quarters
You mean do something they haven't done all season?
Old 11-30-2010   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the game about to be played, but I was just kinda surprised when I found it....A Houston pro football team has NEVER beaten the Philadelphia Eagles. Houston Oilers were 0-6, Texans 0-2.

Good time to break that little streak.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #9
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I would treat this game similar to how we did in week 1 vs the Colts and what we should have done vs the Colts on MNF...run the ball and keep the opposing offense off the field.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #10
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

watch alot of tape of the bears!!!! i was at the bears game this weekend and they did a nice job containing vick!!!
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #11
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with losing this game as the Eagles are the best team in the NFC and it's on the road. If Kubiak wants his job next year, pulling a miracle out of his ass in this one could help that cause. I actually wouldn't cringe if the Chronicle and HT.com called it the "best win in franchise history" because it would be pretty impressive.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
You mean do something they haven't done all season?
LOL, yep.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #13
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the game about to be played, but I was just kinda surprised when I found it....A Houston pro football team has NEVER beaten the Philadelphia Eagles. Houston Oilers were 0-6, Texans 0-2.

Good time to break that little streak.
I was going to bring this up, but you already did.

We might not have ever beat the Eagles, but we have beat Vick while he played in Atlanta.
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm haven't really thought about this game too much. It just seems strange being only three days after their last.

I think we will either, get our asses handed to us, or play a close game and lose late.......again. There is however a slight glimmer of hope that we might actually win this damn thing.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Desean Jackson terrifies me this week.

I'm giving us a punchers chance, our O has to be on fire though. If Foster has a big day we'll be in the game.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Desean Jackson terrifies me this week.

I'm giving us a punchers chance, our O has to be on fire though. If Foster has a big day we'll be in the game.
This ^^^^!! The running game needs to be workin'!!! Oh, and the defense will need to get off the field a couple/few times - and I don't mean after an Eagles TD!
Old 11-30-2010   #17
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I don't think there'd be anything wrong with losing this game as the Eagles are the best team in the NFC and it's on the road. If Kubiak wants his job next year, pulling a miracle out of his ass in this one could help that cause. I actually wouldn't cringe if the Chronicle and HT.com called it the "best win in franchise history" because it would be pretty impressive.
There would be nothing wrong with losing this game in the moral sense,
but the Texans have eliminated their margin-for-error with a 4-game
losing streak. They must win out. Lose this game, and it's back to
playing out the string for the 5th consecutive season.
Old 11-30-2010   #18
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm one of the more optimistic Texans fan you'll meet. Despite that, this is one of the few games I have ever thought we have NO chance of winning. We just really matchup poorly against this team.

The ONLY way I see us getting a W is if Foster is unstoppable and we control the clock well... AND we have the last possession in the game.

On defense, I expect a lot of zone coverage and trying to take away the big play. I say give up all the 5-10 yard underneath plays all they want. Let them get into the red zone and hopefully we can hold them to just a field goal. I don't think Cushing as a spy on Vick will work. Vick is much too fast. I'd rather see us go a lot of nickel packages and see pollard stay in the box as a spy.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #19
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We can win this. Have to force Vick into making mistakes.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Texans have a chance in hell of winning this or the one against Baltimore. But like the dutiful fan I am, I'll be watching and cheering them on anyways. Maybe I'll get a nice suprise Thursday.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read