Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-29-2010   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We're playing thursday!

Holy crap, I just realized that our next game is in THREE DAYS!!!

We're on national TV, we have to win to put the pressure on Indy and the Jax.

And I'll be dead tierd and hung over at work on friday (late games start 2:15am here...)
Old 11-29-2010   #2
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We're playing thursday!

610 just had Barry Werner saying that Michael Vick as a scrambling QB, is better for the Texan's defense, opposed to a Pocket Passer.

Apparently, I've only imagined past QB's like VY running all over us and embarrassing the Texans out of what should be Texas win's in the past..
Old 11-29-2010   #3
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25247 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
610 just had Barry Werner saying that Michael Vick as a scrambling QB, is better for the Texan's defense, opposed to a Pocket Passer.

Apparently, I've only imagined past QB's like VY running all over us and embarrassing the Texans out of what should be Texas win's in the past..
IDK, I can just picture Vick dodging defenders only to throw it to a wide open WR 40 yards down the field. I can see this happening at least 3 times.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't planning on seeing this game with the season where it was and I don't have NFLN so I wasn't planning on going out to watch that.

Man, gonna have to get out there now.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #5
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

The game will be aired on channel 39 this Thursday. Usually when we play a game on ESPN or NFL Network it will also be aired on a local channel.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pumped for this game already. I hope that the defense can step up their game again and give us a chance to win this game. I'm going to try and be positive all week.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a collection of teams that we've never beaten and every time we face them I think "Sooner or later the law of averages says we win one of these" but I'm consistently disappointed. Who are these teams we've never beaten?

New York Jets (already beat us this year)
San Diego Chargers (already beat us this year)
Baltimore Ravens (Will be beating us in two weeks)
Philadelphia Eagles (Will be beating us Thursday)
Minnesota Vikings (Not on the schedule this time)

We're collectively 0-16 against these teams.

But who knows, maybe this year we win a game or two against this bunch finally. After all sooner or later we're bound to win one out of sheer dumb luck right?
Old 11-29-2010   #8
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldon View Post
The game will be aired on channel 39 this Thursday. Usually when we play a game on ESPN or NFL Network it will also be aired on a local channel.
That's good to know. Can you tell me what the call letters/network for that station are? I live in Bryan, and we get some Houston stations (including whichever one has aired the preseason games), but not all. Our local cable service finally began offering NFL Network (for $7/month!), but I haven't signed up for it yet (and given that I will be on a plane during the game, I'm not sure I want to do so yet...).
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #9
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
That's good to know. Can you tell me what the call letters/network for that station are? I live in Bryan, and we get some Houston stations (including whichever one has aired the preseason games), but not all. Our local cable service finally began offering NFL Network (for $7/month!), but I haven't signed up for it yet (and given that I will be on a plane during the game, I'm not sure I want to do so yet...).
In Houston the call letters are KIAH and it's the CW. Looking at Bryan's TV schedule it doesn't look like it's being aired on anything but the NFL network but I could be wrong.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #10
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
There is a collection of teams that we've never beaten and every time we face them I think "Sooner or later the law of averages says we win one of these" but I'm consistently disappointed. Who are these teams we've never beaten?

New York Jets (already beat us this year)
San Diego Chargers (already beat us this year)
Baltimore Ravens (Texans Win)
Philadelphia Eagles (Texans Win)

Minnesota Vikings (Not on the schedule this time)

We're collectively 0-16 against these teams.

But who knows, maybe this year we win a game or two against this bunch finally. After all sooner or later we're bound to win one out of sheer dumb luck right?
Fixed
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Did he not see what Garrard did to us? That's VY lite....

Offense better be on their game Thursday..... I'll tell you right now, defense won't win the game for us.
Old 11-30-2010   #12
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo-x View Post
Fixed
That would be nice.

I believe the Redskins were on this list at the start of the year.....
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently the Texans feel pretty confident about their gameplan against the Eagles.

Last night, Ward Tweeted: "Exhausted but we have a good gameplan vs the Eagles this thursday nite! Can't wait! Let's get it!"

Then, this morning, LZ was talking about how the Texans have seen some things on film that lead them to believe that they could have a lot of success running the ball because the Eagles' LB tend to overpursue, thus leaving cutback lanes wide open.

Sounds good to me. But, it's important to remember that Foster touched the ball 39 times against the Titans and this is a short week. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of Ward than we normally do.
Old 11-30-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Apparently the Texans feel pretty confident about their gameplan against the Eagles.

Last night, Ward Tweeted: "Exhausted but we have a good gameplan vs the Eagles this thursday nite! Can't wait! Let's get it!"

Then, this morning, LZ was talking about how the Texans have seen some things on film that lead them to believe that they could have a lot of success running the ball because the Eagles' LB tend to overpursue, thus leaving cutback lanes wide open.

Sounds good to me. But, it's important to remember that Foster touched the ball 39 times against the Titans and this is a short week. I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of Ward than we normally do.
Which could be why Ward Tweeted what he tweeted.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans opened as a 7 point dog, but it's now at 9 and could be at double-digits by KO. That's a really big point-spread for any NFL game.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #16
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post

Is it just me, or is this the kind of information that it would be better if the Texans did not have announced to the world ahead of the game?
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #17
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Texans opened as a 7 point dog, but it's now at 9 and could be at double-digits by KO. That's a really big point-spread for any NFL game.
Im thinking about putting some money on the texans if the spread goes into double digits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Is it just me, or is this the kind of information that it would be better if the Texans did not have announced to the world ahead of the game?
I was thinking the same thing!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You have to pressure a scrambling QB in order to make him scramble. Our front seven isn't camparable to the Bears
Old 11-30-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Heck, this season, non-running QBs we've faced have at times looked like Arian Foster, against our D.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010   #20
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Putting your game plan out there more than just simply saying "we think we can have some success running the ball against the Eagles,'' is just like:

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read