Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2010   #1
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough
Default Post-Game Quotes

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...9-1a4a6b4332ec

My favourite quote:

Coach Kubiak
(on if he called those passes instead of runs or if that was QB Matt Schaub’s doing) “Matt did. Matt called it. I called run, he said, ‘No way, I’m throwing the ball.’”
Old 11-28-2010   #2
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 18049 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post-Game Quotes

I can only hope that this is something they've been encouraging Schaub to do and not a sign of key players losing confidence in Kubiak's abilities. Neither would surprise me.
Old 11-29-2010   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

lol I love Chris Johnson's answers. He's obviously upset with Fisher:

Tennessee Titans RB Chris Johnson

(on what he attributes to struggling running the ball today) “I’m not sure. We just have to watch film and see what happened. We weren’t able to run the ball at all so I’m not sure.”

(on the biggest factor of not being able to run the ball) “Just couldn’t stay on the field.”

(on Tennessee Titans CB Cortland Finnegan fighting Houston Texas WR Andre Johnson) “I really didn’t see it. I was on the bench. I just know we’re teams that don’t really like each other.”

(on Cortland Finnegan’s reputation of being an “instigator”) “I don’t know.”

(on if the Houston Texans stacking the line against him was a factor) “We really didn’t run the ball so I don’t think it was that. We could have ran the ball on them but we didn’t run it, so it wasn’t anything like that.”

(on if the team had a lack of focus this week preparing for the game) “I wouldn’t say that’s the reason. A lot happened but I wouldn’t say that’s the reason. We just didn’t make plays.”

(on not being on the field on the series before halftime) “I guess they were giving me rest or whatever. Something like that. It wasn’t anything like that, they just didn’t want me in.”

(on being surprised about the lack of run plays with a rookie QB) “I was surprised we didn’t run the ball that much but when we go three and out, what can you do?”

(on if team was distracted by Vince Young story during the week) “I wouldn’t blame it on that. That’s just an excuse.”
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, this is where the way Jeff Fisher handled Vince is how Jeff Fisher hurt the team. Chris Johnson liked having Vince in there because he took players out of the box and allowed them to both run free.

That's not going to be the case anymore.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
(on Cortland Finnegan’s reputation of being an “instigator”) “I don’t know."
Haha!

Way to back up youe teammate. I guess everyone thinks he is a jackass over there too!

Texans said nothing but good things about AJ since the incident, and Titans fans and players are throwing him under the bus.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read