Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-03-2005   #1
jags98
Veteran

Default Jaguars interested in Jaime Sharper

Jaguars | Interested in Sharper - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:44:03 -0700

Brent Jones, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to make a run at signing free agent LB Jamie Sharper (Texans), who was recently cut by the Houston Texans.

Posted by shura on Jags board.
jags98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #2
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

great now not only do we lose his services, but we have to face him twice a year as well.
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #3
texansfan88
All Pro

Let him, he'll realize what a mistake that was when he comes back to Reliant as a Jaguar...thats the one team that would make me boo him no matter what.
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #4
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

If he is on his downside of his carreer like ya'll said then we don't have n e thing to worry about. DD will run over him like other rb's did. But u know what would be messed up if Jamie got Carr the way Posey did in Buffalo.(knocking on wood)
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #5
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is interested in Jamie (except us ). Every board I am on is hot on him.
Better have a sweet pot to offer him Jags, the 'Hawks and Bengals are seriously interested in a SHARPER image. :woot
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #6
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

The problem wasn't Sharper in Houston. It was Sharper getting 6 million when after this season he would likely be gone, which wouldn't do anything for our playoff runs in the next 2+ years when he would no longer be with the team.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh great! Sharper please sign with Seattle!!!
Old 04-03-2005   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

He is going to reunite with Marvin Lewis. He is going to Cincy. (Right now I'm praying that he is going to Cincy)

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #9
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8tupg42k1
If he is on his downside of his carreer like ya'll said then we don't have n e thing to worry about. DD will run over him like other rb's did. But u know what would be messed up if Jamie got Carr the way Posey did in Buffalo.(knocking on wood)
The day DD runs over anyone is the day the 49ers use the first pick on me!
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05

guess ya didnt see the Jags game where he broke a 20+ yarder and ran over Darius in tyhe process,,,, put the sholder down and plowed over the guy. So be ready to be picked by San Fran buddy
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #11
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i honestly think jamie will either go to cinci for coach lewis or he'll go back to ray's team in baltimore...seattle is the wild card because they might throw so much money at him he'll have to accept...jags i believe this is just an attempt to slap us in the face for taking a couple of their players in years past
Old 04-03-2005   #12
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
guess ya didnt see the Jags game where he broke a 20+ yarder and ran over Darius in tyhe process,,,, put the sholder down and plowed over the guy. So be ready to be picked by San Fran buddy
lets not forget that wicked stiffarm he put on zach thomas for the season opener. straight out embarassed mr thomas i would think...
Old 04-03-2005   #13
Caw Daddy
Rookie

Default WHOOOOWEEEEEEEEE ironic?

Apr 3 Brent Jones, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to make a run at signing free agent LB Jamie Sharper (Texans), who was recently cut by the Houston Texans.

cc: yahoo nfl

aint that some ****.
Caw Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #14
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

We should hope he signs with Jacksonville...That would assure us at least 4 YPC up the middle...
Old 04-03-2005   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansNeedRBin05
you know, if you're going to post to this, or any other message board focusing on the Houston Texans I'd seriously like to recommend you get out more and actually watch a Houston Texans football game.

Davis runs over plenty of people. He doesn't just do it every now and then, he does it a lot. The knock on Davis isn't that he can't run over anyone, it's that he can't do it for long without getting dinged up.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #16
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

I still think Sharper is gone, because he critisized the coaches and that's a no-no with Capers. I don't believe for one minute it has anything to do with anything else. I think he exposed the coaching staff for what they are. I know many of you think differently, but we have kept a lot of injured and under performing defensive personnel while getting rid of Sharper.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #17
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
We should hope he signs with Jacksonville...That would assure us at least 4 YPC up the middle...
There are two guys named Stroud and Henderson that he has to get by first. McKinney is blocking one of them. Where does that leave DD? A stiff arm on Stroud and he breaks it. That is his arm breaks. Running up the middle on the Jags is futile.
Old 04-04-2005   #18
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I still think Sharper is gone, because he critisized the coaches and that's a no-no with Capers. I don't believe for one minute it has anything to do with anything else. I think he exposed the coaching staff for what they are. I know many of you think differently, but we have kept a lot of injured and under performing defensive personnel while getting rid of Sharper.
I totally agree with that. The notion that Sharper is getting old is silly, he had a great year 1 season removed. He made plenty of plays last year and vented because we lost to the freakin Browns of all teams. I had no problem with that, I think the coachin staff needed a fire lit under them, not one of your best players.
Old 04-04-2005   #19
wiley2002
Veteran

Hearing about Jamie Sharper leaving the Houston Texans is nearly bringing me to tears. So what he said something bad about the coaching staff. So what he's getting old. At least he's healthy compaired to some of our other guys. 6 million is a lot of zeros but I think what he showed us this last year was a testiment he has some years left in his tank. Like that Third Eye Blind song says, "Good bye..." .
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think him saying something about the coaching staff says alot. If the Texans miss the playoffs again he could feel much worse and just leave the team or he would be a long holdout kind of player and hurt the team worse that way.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read