Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2010   #1
TEXANJAK
Texans #1

Rep Power: 126 TEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Good win this week.

Defense looked good, I was expecting more from the offense.But a win is a win. Go Texans. Hopefully Frank can get the defense up and going like this next week.
Old 11-28-2010   #2
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30803 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Good win this week.

I am not going to get my hopes up against the Eagles in Philly next week that is for sure.
Old 11-28-2010   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Cut and dry:

If they win on Thursday, they win out.
Old 11-28-2010   #4
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Cut and dry:

If they win on Thursday, they win out.
Next week is certainly the toughest game remaining on our schedule, that's for sure. If we can beat Philly, we can beat anyone left on our schedule.
Old 11-28-2010   #5
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, great win this week but unfortunately, we don't get to play against Rusty Smith every week.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I was going to start a thread before the game called, "The false hope game". I knew fans would take this win and think the Texans actually did something great. Did you see the Titans play today? Rusty Smith was worse than bad. The Texans will lose the next 2 and be 5-8. The last 3 are a toss up but chances are the Texans won't win all 3. Kubiak sucks. Houston fans always lower their expectations as the season goes along and make excuses at the end when once again the Texans don't make the platoffs.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANJAK View Post
Defense looked good, I was expecting more from the offense.But a win is a win. Go Texans. Hopefully Frank can get the defense up and going like this next week.
I've been saying this all year.

If we weren't playing the Tacks, we'd have been down 17-7 at halftime. We won't be shutting out the Eagles, Ravens, or even the Broncos. Come out with 6 points in the second half against anyone left on our schedule, and we lose.

Schaub is taking what the defense gives him, that's losing football. Foster goes out & takes what he wants, Schaub needs to do the same.

I was very optimistic about winning out, thinking they'd stop playing around, and come out to win. This stunk of being too smart, controlling the clock, & trying to win a close game. The
Titans just didn't do their part.
Old 11-28-2010   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I was going to start a thread before the game called, "The false hope game". I knew fans would take this win and think the Texans actually did something great. Did you see the Titans play today? Rusty Smith was worse than bad. The Texans will lose the next 2 and be 5-8. The last 3 are a toss up but chances are the Texans won't win all 3. Kubiak sucks. Houston fans always lower their expectations as the season goes along and make excuses at the end when once again the Texans don't make the platoffs.
Sure it gives you delight to see the Texans lose. **** off.
Old 11-28-2010   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

A win's a win in my book. And this one counts double since it is a division opponent.

I have no doubt that we still have an uphill battle the rest of the way. Our defense played very well to stop the run. Rusty made our secondary looked better than it was though. I'm hoping though that the defense gets a little confidence after getting shredded for 10 weeks.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Sure it gives you delight to see the Texans lose. **** off.
Been a fan of Houston football longer than you have been alive. **** off yourself!
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #11
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Next week is certainly the toughest game remaining on our schedule, that's for sure. If we can beat Philly, we can beat anyone left on our schedule.
We can beat anyone any week any way.

If our defense gets some stop, we can put points on anyone.
Old 11-28-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I am not going to get my hopes up against the Eagles in Philly next week that is for sure.
What happened to your soap Gary?
Old 11-28-2010   #13
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5174 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
What happened to your soap Gary?

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #14
ThaShark316

Quote:
Been a fan of Houston football longer than you have been alive. **** off yourself!
Old 11-29-2010   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Great win, the first satisfying win since week 1...

I REALLY enjoyed today's win and I don't even care if he gets suspended a couple of games...I loved what Andre did.

Fantastic win, loved it.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Great win, the first satisfying win since week 1...
hurr... redskins..
Old 11-29-2010   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
hurr... redskins..
??? That was one of the most nerve racking games of the season.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #18
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5439 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats, we get them next!
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #19
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Where is holding Chris Johnson to a career low 5 yards on your list?
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Schaub is taking what the defense gives him, that's losing football. Foster goes out & takes what he wants, Schaub needs to do the same.
Did you guys see that throw Vick made at the end of the game last night?
He threw the ball into QUADRUPLE COVERAGE, and it landed perfectly
into Celek's hands. THAT is taking what you want. The Eagles
have a much better pass rush than the Titans brought yesterday,
and a better quarterback, and a better WR Tandem. The Texans MUST win,
because I honestly think 10-6 is what it will take to win the AFC South
(We've got NO shot at the Wildcard.)

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read