Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Would you please run Matt?

I enjoyed the win and I was glad to be able to let my blood pressure go down today during the 4th quarter. However, if there is one thing that has gotten on my nerves is that Schaub still hasn't recognized that this offense is built for a QB to pick up easy yards to either extend a drive and pick up the first down or get a couple of yards to make the next down more managable.

Go back and look at the QBs that made this offense a mainstay in the NFL. Montana, Elway, Steve Young - each one of them were notorious for being able to tuck the ball and run. Montana didn't do it to the level of Young or Elway but he was able to keep teams on their heels because he would tuck it and run if the coverage allowed.

Schaub has killed many drives this year because of his refusal to tuck it for two or three yards and pick up a first down or make 3rd down, 3rd and short.

Can someone please give him a hightlight clip of these QBs who did what it took for their team to win?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you please run Matt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I enjoyed the win and I was glad to be able to let my blood pressure go down today during the 4th quarter. However, if there is one thing that has gotten on my nerves is that Schaub still hasn't recognized that this offense is built for a QB to pick up easy yards to either extend a drive and pick up the first down or get a couple of yards to make the next down more managable.

Go back and look at the QBs that made this offense a mainstay in the NFL. Montana, Elway, Steve Young - each one of them were notorious for being able to tuck the ball and run. Montana didn't do it to the level of Young or Elway but he was able to keep teams on their heels because he would tuck it and run if the coverage allowed.

Schaub has killed many drives this year because of his refusal to tuck it for two or three yards and pick up a first down or make 3rd down, 3rd and short.

Can someone please give him a hightlight clip of these QBs who did what it took for their team to win?
That's ideal of course—having a mobile quarterback. Unfortunately, Matt Schaub is anything but that. I think Matt runs a 7.9 40 yard dash.
Old 11-28-2010   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

It's kinda wierd actually, when he rolls out there's 'some' speed in those legs, but once he turns up field it's stuck is slow motion.
Old 11-28-2010   #4
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Matt is still not the QB we need, he's missing a lot still..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time he pauses and gets that deer in the headlights look while the first down is just a few yards ahead of him I am literally screaming at my TV. I don't get it but it's really pissing me off. I know he's made of glass but he could have gotten that first down today if he'd taken off with his eyes closed and just slid after 6 steps.
Old 11-28-2010   #6
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Those are the drive killers. That one where he rocketed the ball at Arian's head when he could have moonwalked for 4 yards and a first down. Absolute drive killers. We are the only team in the league that does not even have the option of a qb run. That's 3 or 4 first downs a game that we are giving away.
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub is a good pocket QB but he is not an athlete at all. The man acts like he wears concrete boots on the field and doesn't possess any athleticism or physical coordination. He needs to take a dance class and learn some foot work. I know he's a white boy but come on man...
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not asking for Vick or Cunningham, just for him to worry about keeping posession of the ball. Even on 1st down if he sees everyone covered and tucks it to get 3 yards. I like our chances on 2nd and 7 vs. 2nd and 10.

Someone mentioned he could've got the 1st by moonwalking for 4 yards and opted to rocket at Arian's head. Well that is the play I'm talking about but let's look further as to how running for that first wins this game for us alot easier.

If he runs for the first, most likely we keep the ball going into the 4th quarter. Probably an opportunity to take some time off the 4th quarter clock and score at least a FG early. Instead we end up punting and Tenn gets the ball to start the 4th. If not for a Glover Quin INT, they most likely put some points (especially a TD) and the complexion of the game changes. If we were playing a decent QB they wouldn't have made the same mistakes Rusty Smith did.
Old 11-28-2010   #9
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 46521 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't say it enough, SHAUB WILDCAT BABY!!!!!

They'll never see it coming.
Old 11-28-2010   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not defending MS cause he tickes me off on a weekly basis, but, I do believe he has been plagued with a knee injury this year. Maybe they are just playing it safe. cause we would REALLY be in deep dodo if he wasn't playing. Just a thought.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm not defending MS cause he tickes me off on a weekly basis, but, I do believe he has been plagued with a knee injury this year. Maybe they are just playing it safe. cause we would REALLY be in deep dodo if he wasn't playing. Just a thought.
Perhaps you are right but this was also something I noticed he didn't do early in the year.
Old 11-29-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
That's ideal of course—having a mobile quarterback. Unfortunately, Matt Schaub is anything but that. I think Matt runs a 7.9 40 yard dash.
FYI, actual 40 time-------5.02.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #13
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont want him to run due to his Glass Schaub history we need him on the field.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 36798 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

did he even throw a pass for more than 20 yards this week? it absolutely drives me batty on 3rd and 6 when he throws the 2 yard route..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read