Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010   #581
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans vs Titans Part 1 - Gameday Thread

And thus begins (and probably ends) the Rusty Smith era in Tennessee...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #582
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
So what then. What's your ****ing point? That it's a bad thing that Andre finally had enough? Maybe he was pissed that Cortland was being a punk ass ***** DOWN 20-0.

My point is AJ will get suspended for reacting to something he shouldn't have and usually doesn't. Let Finnegan look like an *****, he does that very well all by himself.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #583
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
My point is AJ will get suspended for reacting to something he shouldn't have and usually doesn't. Let Finnegan look like an *****, he does that very well all by himself.
Doesn't matter. Him being suspended on a short week turnaround with a bum ankle is a worthy sacrifice to beat the **** out of the worst person in football.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #584
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 1265 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL needs to understand that they share some blame in this type of stuff also. They let this stuff get out of hand by not penalizing players earlier and letting it build up to this level.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #585
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Suspended? Doubt it - no history there and Finnegan has a bit of a rep as a "provoker."

Leave the suspensions to cheap-shotting punks like Pittsburgh's James Harrison who just got flagged for another spearing of the QB with his helmet.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #586
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
He is going well out of his way to try and throw dirt on our guy because AJ finally literally beat his personal ***** down, not just on the field.

I've said before I really like AJ. He's one of the best players in the league, seems to be a good guy and is someone I would love to have on my team. I've never had a problem with the guy and I doubt I ever will. You guys think I am putting a lot more emotion into this than I really am.

I'm not trying to smear AJ at all, if I was why would I try to do it on a message board full of people who love the guy?

I just see it a different way then you guys, and that's probably to be expected. Finnegan deserved to get his ass kicked, we can agree on that much.
Old 11-28-2010   #587
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 7608 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't matter. Him being suspended on a short week turnaround with a bum ankle is a worthy sacrifice to beat the **** out of the worst person in football.
No, it's really not.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2010   #588
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:

That works, I just wouldn't want my best player to be out for a big game in a tight division race.

Ziggy - I think both should be suspended. Finnegan because he's an ***** and AJ because he threw multiple punches. Maybe they won't, though, because they were ejected.
Old 11-28-2010   #589
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
No, it's really not.
It is for me. We'll just have to use our TEs and use RBs in the passing game more if he actually does get suspended.
Old 11-28-2010   #590
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
No, it's really not.
Yeah its not. Your kicking their butt all over Reliant and then you go and have a brain explosion going into one of the toughest games of the year.

Hope you all like a large dose of Jones and Walter. Assuming he gets suspended, if he doesn't, its not the worst time to get ejected up 20 points at home.

Time will tell from this perspective.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #591
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, i for 1 think it was worth it b/c if there was anyone in the league who deserved an ass whipping it was him. As i said in another thread, he's been doing this for years in the league & it's been a double dose towards AJ simply b/c they play each other twice a year. AJ finally broke & i completely understand why.

Money & time well spent AJ.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #592
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Funny thing about this game is that the coaching sucked (or at least was pretty questionable at times early) and yet, the players grew balls and executed. I think more credit/blame needs to go to players.
Old 11-28-2010   #593
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jottoz View Post
Yeah

Go Winston!

Woo Hoo way to catch a fumble you created

Great teamwork good looking out!
He also blocked a pass from Schaub - thought I saw it wrong, then watched replay, wth?
Old 11-29-2010   #594
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're hurting me... please stop.

I'll say it again, that is what Finnegan does. Is it dirty and against the rules and did he deserve to get socked in the head? Absolutely! But he has done it for the past 6 years, twice a year, to Johnson and never has AJ reacted like that. He does it this time in a 20-0 rout and AJ finally reacts. The timing is what is interesting to me. So yea, to me AJ initiated THE FIGHT. That doesn't mean Finnegan didn't warrant it. AJ let Finny get into his head, that's all.

I'm not defending Finnegan this time, I have in the past but he warranted an ass-beating like that.
You definitely didn't watch the video if you think AJ deserves most of the blame. Finnegan blasted off the line and put his hands in AJ's face. Then, threw the FIRST punch, but AJ had his helmet on. Andre was smart enough to take off Finnegan's helmet and THEN start beating his ass.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010   #595
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshabang View Post
the defense shows up....and the offense stayd in bed this morning....seriously....this theme has to stop somewhere

and if the offense would have shown up.....then the defense would have stayd home.........wowwwww just wowwwwww
I know this is a common theme.... but guys, look back at the games we've played. The defense has played well in the first half of most games. I think there are three games that we flat out sucked (as a defense) in the first half. Skins, Giants, & Jacksonville.

Other than that, the offense has been leaving our boys hanging all year long... except for Indy (Wk1), Skins, KC, Jets, SD.... & in some of those games they just couldn't bring enough to dig us out of the hole we got ourselves in.

If the offense could have just stayed on the field..... I'm not even saying they had to score, just put a few drives together....... All those games would have finished differently.
Old 11-29-2010   #596
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
The graphic said that we have scored 3 points all season in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. That's just abysmal. It doesn't help when you have 30 yards to go for FG range with 12 seconds and you start throwing 4 yard dump offs. Play calling in these situations is killing us.
Burro......

FYI, the Coach does not decide where the ball goes. There were probably 3 routes, Matt chooses where the ball goes, depending on what he sees.
Old 11-30-2010   #597
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Burro......

FYI, the Coach does not decide where the ball goes. There were probably 3 routes, Matt chooses where the ball goes, depending on what he sees.
Yeah, but coaching has a lot to do with wanting to try to push the ball down field in attempt to score instead of running the clock out with runs. The coach also has something to do with knowing when to call timeouts. I could go on, but I reckon you'd sprinkle sunshine on Kubiak's faults anyway.
Old 11-30-2010   #598
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, but coaching has a lot to do with wanting to try to push the ball down field in attempt to score instead of running the clock out with runs. The coach also has something to do with knowing when to call timeouts. I could go on, but I reckon you'd sprinkle sunshine on Kubiak's faults anyway.
If Arian Foster wasn't leading the league in TDs (which he was at the time) I would agree with you. Again, I've asked for people with the ability to go back & watch those run plays...... If Eric Winston would have done what he normally does on the play side, two of those would have been touchdowns.

If Kubiak is putting the ball in AF's hands, I'm thinking he's trying to score, whether we are on the 5 yard line or our own 45.

It's not like Ward was in the game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read