Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010   #1
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek
Default Dre Whips Finnegan

But there is this part of me that wishes Andre Johnson had connected with that shot he threw at Finnegan ... would've been lights out ...
Old 11-28-2010   #2
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I've Never Really Been a Fan of Violence ...

I thought he connected twice....once to the back of the head and the uppercut to his f'n face!

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
But there is this part of me that wishes Andre Johnson had connected with that shot he threw at Finnegan ... would've been lights out ...
Remember when we joked that Andre looked like Muhammad Ali after the Washington TD?

Yeah.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Remember when we joked that Andre looked like Muhammad Ali after the Washington TD?

Yeah.... lol
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #5
SoCalTexanFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVPSoCalTexanFan was voted MVP
Thumbs up Andre Johnson whips Finnegan's A$$

Love seeing AJ with emotion. Can't wait to see what he does to him in the next game. Guarantee Finnegan won't make the same mistake....GO AJ
SoCalTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Finnegan has had that coming for years. AJ finally had enough and raped Finnegan. It's been a long time coming and I only wish it would have lasted longer.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #7
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
Yeah but now he is going 2 get a suspension. I say 4 games.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2010   #8
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 54 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson whips Finnegan's A$$

It was awesome but i hope he doesnt get a suspension...does anyone know the rule to that
BrandonLwowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #9
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
No way, 1 game max if that.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Rodney Harrison didn't get a suspension for hitting Big Ben last week, so why would Andre? Especially when Finnegan threw punches, too.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #11
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

What the vugg was that?! As much as I dislike Finnegan André lost his cool and shouldn't have. Knowing how cool André NORMALLY is, I can't help but wonder what the HELL Finnegan must have be saying/doing all game to make the man snap like that. AJ doesn't get rattled that easily. I've lost a little respect for the guy. I still think him a class act, but this is clearly beneath him and not one of his shining moments.

...although I have to be honest, I would have loved for him to have done this against the Cowgirls.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 64444 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
No way, 1 game max if that.
For two fists to the face? I don't know. Maybe Johnson gets a hand slap considering his rep.

Old 11-28-2010   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't understand why yall would like this. It is a HORRIBLE example to set for kids. Telling kids its perfectly ok to knock someone down and take a couple of shots as the way to resolve conflict is a poor message.

Plus, this is a team sport. AJ SHOULD be suspended for a game or two. So, he will hurt the team's chances against the Eagles and Ravens. Those were going to be tough games. Without AJ those are essentially L's.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #14
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
What the vugg was that?! As much as I dislike Finnegan André lost his cool and shouldn't have. Knowing how cool André NORMALLY is, I can't help but wonder what the HELL Finnegan must have be saying/doing all game to make the man snap like that. AJ doesn't get rattled that easily. I've lost a little respect for the guy. I still think him a class act, but this is clearly beneath him and not one of his shining moments.

...although I have to be honest, I would have loved for him to have done this against the Cowgirls.
Agreed. I would like to see AJ address the media and apologize. He should say that he made a monumental mistake and that fighting has no place in football and life in general.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post

Did you see the play??? Finnegan came after him HARD with a push to the head and didnt have any plans to quit... basically attacking him. He did what 99.9% of all MEN would have done at that point. If anything, I have even MORE respect for AJ.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I just don't understand why yall would like this. It is a HORRIBLE example to set for kids. Telling kids its perfectly ok to knock someone down and take a couple of shots as the way to resolve conflict is a poor message.

Plus, this is a team sport. AJ SHOULD be suspended for a game or two. So, he will hurt the team's chances against the Eagles and Ravens. Those were going to be tough games. Without AJ those are essentially L's.
Do you really think we have a chance to beat Philly or Baltimore with or without AJ?
Old 11-28-2010   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Rodney Harrison didn't get a suspension for hitting Big Ben last week, so why would Andre? Especially when Finnegan threw punches, too.
I thought that was Richard Seahorn who hit Roethlissburger? Part of me wants to joke and say I haven't seen anyone get hit that hard since that Asian stripper tagged Bill for stuffing Thai money into her G-string, but given the gravity of this situation, this is going to have some ramifications.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #18
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
What kind of example does hockey set? It's a sport where the refs actually
back off, and no one is assigned to the penalty box until a player drops
to the ice.

I could think of a couple reasons why such a double standard exists, but
I'll leave it alone...
Old 11-28-2010   #19
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Not arguing that Finnegan didnt deserve it, just sayin that when the league reviews the tape they will see Johnson rip off Finnegan's helmet and throw and connect two punches and also rips the refs hands off of him.

Old 11-28-2010   #20
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i love andre johnson.......no homo
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read