Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-27-2010   #1
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston @ Tech

Coogs up 10-7 in the 1st quarter.
Old 11-27-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston @ Tech

That just changed!
Old 11-27-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup.... 14-10 Tech.
Old 11-27-2010   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

WTF was that????
Old 11-27-2010   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Houston doesn't get a touchdown here............4th down strategy fail.

Down to the 6 with 1 with :04 to go. Kick the FG. If they get a TD here I eat crow and love it.

EDIT: FG. IMO they cost themselves 3.
Old 11-27-2010   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If Houston doesn't get a touchdown here............4th down strategy fail.

Down to the 6 with 1 with :04 to go. Kick the FG. If they get a TD here I eat crow and love it.

EDIT: FG. IMO they cost themselves 3.
Wait a second.....is it Saturday night or Sunday afternoon? I can't tell by this post.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Wait a second.....is it Saturday night or Sunday afternoon? I can't tell by this post.
Right?...lol.

I'm not sure about my hypothesis on Houston blowing away three points. I think I'm one of those who doesn't like to take a sure thing off the board.

I'll say one thing though, Sumlin sure has confidence in his young QB and offense.

As I post Tech gets the ball in great field position.

EDIT: As a person who LOVES defensive football I'm really tired of the Cougar D. It's been a generation of college players now. FML.
Old 11-27-2010   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

28-13 Tech, 2:25 left in the 3rd. Play under review. I don't see Houston winning here. Hope I'm wrong.
Old 11-27-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Old 11-27-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Well, another update?
Old 11-27-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Well, another update?
35-20 Tech.

3:00 min left 4th qtr with Houston driving
Old 11-27-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Tech will win this one it sounds like.
Old 11-27-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Yep game over. 35-20 tech.

Piland shows promise though.
Old 11-27-2010   #14
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The Coogs had a lot to overcome this season but the loss of Case Keenum was just too much.

Even though the defense was terrible all season, the Coogs would have scored more points with Case as QB and would have won some more games and more than likely would have won the CUSA West title.

The red-shirt freshman David Piland performed very well considering he was not ready when his name was called. The entire offensive strategy had to change and I thought they did as well as they could.

I don't see Keenum being granted another season but I hope the experience Piland got this season will help him next year.

Go Coogs!

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The Coogs had a lot to overcome this season but the loss of Case Keenum was just too much.

Even though the defense was terrible all season, the Coogs would have scored more points with Case as QB and would have won some more games and more than likely would have won the CUSA West title.

The red-shirt freshman David Piland performed very well considering he was not ready when his name was called. The entire offensive strategy had to change and I thought they did as well as they could.

I don't see Keenum being granted another season but I hope the experience Piland got this season will help him next year.

Go Coogs!

I'm on your side. I call this an interesting, painful, but promising year when all is said and done.

Go Coogs!!
Old 11-27-2010   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83034 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post

Go Coogs!
And this also keeps Kevin Sumlin from being a big name this offseason.. This down year probably buys UH a few more years with him.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010   #17
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I like the fact that Pilland is getting time now to play and being thrust into the starting role. This way in the future, his experiences as a freshman will help him once he takes on the role of Case Keenum.

I like the promise he shows, I just wish we had an answer for our defensive struggles.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read