Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 11-24-2010   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Screw Ohio State

I hope they lose the rest of their games.

Ohio St. prez disregards TCU, Boise St.
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Even if TCU and Boise State run the table, they still don't deserve to be in the Bowl Championship Series title game, Ohio State president E. Gordon Gee said Wednesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5845736

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Screw Ohio State

Yankee? Where for art thou Yankee to defend your mighty alma matter? Screw it all, they need a playoff.
Old 11-24-2010   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"I do know, having been both a Southeastern Conference president and a Big Ten president, that it's like murderer's row every week for these schools. We do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor. We play very fine schools on any given day.

"So I think until a university runs through that gantlet that there's some reason to believe that they not be the best teams to [be] in the big ballgame."
I can't say that I don't agree with him.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #4
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 17283 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I can't say that I don't agree with him.
Until you look at their schedule, they got 3 or 4 softies on that schedule like every other team in the BCS.
Old 11-24-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, those Marshall and Directional Michigan games were tough.
Old 11-24-2010   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest fear of the BCS schools is if one of these teams is successful. They do not want non-BCS cartel schools getting a piece of the money pie.

They don't want another Utah beating Alabama in Sugar Bowl or another Boise St. beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

I want to see TCU beat the shit out of LSU and want to see Boise S. beat the shit out of Oregon.

We are among the "Them"
Old 11-24-2010   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
Until you look at their schedule, they got 3 or 4 softies on that schedule like every other team in the BCS.
Boise has 9 softies, and TCU has 8 softies on their schedule. Big difference.
Sponsored links
Old 11-24-2010   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schedule 1: Oregon St, Tennessee Tech, Baylor, SMU, Colorado St, Wyoming, BYU, Air Force, UNLV, Utah, San Diego St, New Mexico

Schedule 2: Virginia Tech, Wyoming, Oregon St., New Mexico St, Toledo, San Jose St., Louisiana Tech, Hawaii, Idaho, Fresno St, Nevada, Utah St

Schedule 3: Arkansas St, Mississippi St, Clemson, South Carolina, Louisiana-Monroe, Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Chattanooga, Georgia, Alabama

Schedule 4: North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Mississippi St, West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida, McNeese St, Auburn, Alabama, Louisiana-Monroe, Ole Miss, Arkansas

4 teams above, 1 collective loss. The loss was by 7 points to #2 Auburn (score was tied with 5 minutes remaining in the game).
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Ohio State and her fans make me wanna do this all day long --- . Kirk Herbwhatever and Chris Spielman were talking down on Michigan and now OSU's President amkes a stupid remark like this.

I hope they get to the title game (unlikely, I know) because they sure know how to get beat down in the big one!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Looks like the Ohio State president apologized for some of his comments:

Quote:
"I'm very blessed to have the best athletic director and best football coach in the country," Gee said, the newspaper reported. "They run the athletic program and I run the university, and I should have stayed out of there. What I should do is go over to the surgical suites and get my foot extricated from my mouth."

As for the real Little Sisters of the Poor -- a Roman Catholic women's religious order serving the elderly -- Gee said he had reached out to one of the order's homes in Ohio.

"I sent a [personal] check to the Mother Superior up there and invited her to a ballgame," he said, according to the report.
I wish he would have just stuck to his guns though.
Old 12-23-2010   #11
gwallaia

Time to jump off your high horse President Gee. OSU cheats!!!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/23...pt=T1&iref=BN1

We are among the "Them"
Old 12-23-2010   #12
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Time to jump off your high horse President Gee. OSU cheats!!!

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/23...pt=T1&iref=BN1

Those guys are stupid. Why the heck would you sell your championship ring and Golden Pants?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Terrell Pryor has been suspended for the first 5 games of next year as well as some other players...

Looks like Karma strikes again...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Screw Ohio State

Not sure why it is Karma? Gee's opinions means the football program should be punished?

It sounds like some one forgot to specifically tell the players not to sell stuff and they thought they found a loophole.

So the 2011 season is a wash.

So $1500 gets you 5 games and $200,000 gets you the Heisman?

And we all know EVERY major school cheats - it's a matter of who gets caught when.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #15
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well Terrell Pryor has been suspended for the first 5 games of next year as well as some other players...

Looks like Karma strikes again...
I including our best wide out and rb.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-23-2010   #16
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Yankee? Where for art thou Yankee to defend your mighty alma matter? Screw it all, they need a playoff.
Defend what? I want a playoff. Gee doesn't. I talked with him in person in October. When asked WHY - he really didn't give what I thought was a good reason. Paraphrasing - he thinks a playoff will make players be treated like star athletes and less like students - errr, that bridge was crossed how many tens of years ago?!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 12-23-2010   #17
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got no issue with suspensions when they're warranted, but selling stuff that BELONGS TO YOU....WTF?

While I think it's a stupid thing to do and shows a certain lack of respect, I still don't see why the NCAA has an issue with it.
Old 12-23-2010   #18
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

If they violated NCAA rules and are being suspended next year, why are they still eligible for this seasons bowl game (Sugar Bowl). Shouldn't suspensions be immediate? I guess they want to keep their star talent around for their big money games, big spotlight, biggest recruiting tool game. Such hypocrisy....
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I've got no issue with suspensions when they're warranted, but selling stuff that BELONGS TO YOU....WTF?

While I think it's a stupid thing to do and shows a certain lack of respect, I still don't see why the NCAA has an issue with it.
I agree 100%.

And I don't get how they can fine them...

Had they already graduated, how in the world could they expect to re-coup money?

If I were the athletes I'd talk to a lawyer...
Old 12-23-2010   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If they violated NCAA rules and are being suspended next year, why are they still eligible for this seasons bowl game (Sugar Bowl). Shouldn't suspensions be immediate? I guess they want to keep their star talent around for their big money games, big spotlight, biggest recruiting tool game. Such hypocrisy....
Agreed.

This just stinks all the way around...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read