Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Team Heartbreak....

I don't understand why you do it.

Kubiak isn't going anywhere. You know McNair isn't going to fire him.

Unless something happens in December with the CBA, we can go 4-12, & Kubiak won't go anywhere.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't care if Kubiak stays or goes. I think he's had more than enough time to build this team, things aren't going well for him right now.

I want this team to be a winner more than I want Kubiak to be successful. Believe that.

But since I firmly believe Kubiak isn't going anywhere, mainly because of the CBA & McNair needs to hire a football guy before he hires his next coach anyway, I'm going to hold out hope beyond hope that this team turns it around.

I think chances are better that we'll finish 10-6, than Kubiak will be fired even if we finish 4-12.
Old 11-23-2010   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Heartbreak....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

This sounds eerily similar to what a lot of people were saying about Richard Smith the year before he got canned. I doubt McNair wants to fire him but if we don't make the playoffs I don't see how he survives.
Old 11-23-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I support this team!!
Old 11-23-2010   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Unless something happens in December with the CBA, we can go 4-12, & Kubiak won't go anywhere.

Contrary to popular belief, I don't care if Kubiak stays or goes. I think he's had more than enough time to build this team, things aren't going well for him right now.

I want this team to be a winner more than I want Kubiak to be successful. Believe that.

But since I firmly believe Kubiak isn't going anywhere, mainly because of the CBA & McNair needs to hire a football guy before he hires his next coach anyway, I'm going to hold out hope beyond hope that this team turns it around.

I think chances are better that we'll finish 10-6, than Kubiak will be fired even if we finish 4-12.
I wouldn't be opposed to Kubiak getting the Mangini treatment, as long
as Mcnair hires a competent football man to take control out of Kubiak's
hands.

If the status quo remains <Kubiak retains total control>, I'll be livid.
Old 11-23-2010   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

next 3 weeks will or should shape what Bob has in mind (if he hasn't already)

Titans
then two prime time games against Philly and the Ravens

for the record, I like Kubiak as an offensive coach. Obviously Bob and Kubiak hopefully realize that they need a proven Defensive coordinator her ..The players are young and the coaching staff within the system (if you call it that) are as young or younger. Obviously a good Defensive coordinator will mask some of the flaws that Gary has.

If Kubiak is gone, so be it but they need to bring in a big name coach in here (I wouldn't be against keeping the Offensive coaches here) .
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #6
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to Kubiak getting the Mangini treatment, as long
as Mcnair hires a competent football man to take control out of Kubiak's
hands.

If the status quo remains <Kubiak retains total control>, I'll be livid.
If I were McNair, my mind would already be made up to do this. I don't know if Dan Reeves is that guy, or Ray Rhodes (doubt it), Parcells?? Buddy Ryan...... Maybe a Pioli.... .

But before he hires his next head coach, or decide to keep/fire Rick Smith, he needs a football person to help him make that decision.
Old 11-23-2010   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I were McNair, my mind would already be made up to do this. I don't know if Dan Reeves is that guy, or Ray Rhodes (doubt it), Parcells?? Buddy Ryan...... Maybe a Pioli.... .

But before he hires his next head coach, or decide to keep/fire Rick Smith, he needs a football person to help him make that decision.
Jimmy Johnson (as a football person helping)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2010   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I support this team!!
Yes!

Well, at the end of the day, we're pulling for a city, a logo, and a uniform. With that in mind, I feel it is more appropriate to say "I support this particular batch of laundry!"
Old 11-23-2010   #9
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Im there with ya TK..Kubes isnt going anywhere unless the CBA worked out and they have the replacement already comitted (you guys know that happens despite rooney rule)

As I have stated until Kubiak takes steps backward and has a worse record than the year before a firing isnt warrented. I am of the opinion that a change of coaching is changing the whole franchise offense included. and in our division change is not a good thing. Each team has had a universal constant . Peyton, Fisher and Del Rio and the only team to make coaching changes the Texans and if we fire Kubiak that would be two and we would be firing a guy just for the HOPE of getting Cowher and we would push reset on this franchise again. I dont bellieve we are in a divsion that a change will mean from worst to first, nor do I believe it will guarantee we will make the playoffs.(AFC is pretty darn good)

Until Kubiak has a sub .500 season and/or 1-5 in division again and season is over, I reserve judgement. I think a great dc and new GM might be a better solution
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Yes!

Well, at the end of the day, we're pulling for a city, a logo, and a uniform. With that in mind, I feel it is more appropriate to say "I support this particular batch of laundry!"
Old 11-24-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sure, he'll turn it around in the last 4 games like he always does.

You're high again

BTW, I think Kubiak will be back next season too, but not due to the CBA. It has to do with McNair holding on to suckage a year or two longer than he should.

Heck, I'm beginning to think we'll be going status quo at DC too. Do you think Kubiak has the sack to fire his buddy? I don't
Old 11-24-2010   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Im there with ya TK..Kubes isnt going anywhere unless the CBA worked out and they have the replacement already comitted (you guys know that happens despite rooney rule)

As I have stated until Kubiak takes steps backward and has a worse record than the year before a firing isnt warrented. I am of the opinion that a change of coaching is changing the whole franchise offense included. and in our division change is not a good thing. Each team has had a universal constant . Peyton, Fisher and Del Rio and the only team to make coaching changes the Texans and if we fire Kubiak that would be two and we would be firing a guy just for the HOPE of getting Cowher and we would push reset on this franchise again. I dont bellieve we are in a divsion that a change will mean from worst to first, nor do I believe it will guarantee we will make the playoffs.(AFC is pretty darn good)

Until Kubiak has a sub .500 season and/or 1-5 in division again and season is over, I reserve judgement. I think a great dc and new GM might be a better solution
Be patient. This team is going to finish 6-10 and probably 2-4 in the division. it will also not play any meaningful games after October per usual.

Kubiak can go screw himself for all I care. Nice and being a Texan isn't enough. Just win.
Old 11-24-2010   #13
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

You're high again

BTW, I think Kubiak will be back next season too, but not due to the CBA. It has to do with McNair holding on to suckage a year or two longer than he should.

Heck, I'm beginning to think we'll be going status quo at DC too. Do you think Kubiak has the sack to fire his buddy? I don't

He goes or you both go, no problem.
Old 11-24-2010   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Loser talk.

I find it hard to believe you're a season ticket holder, to be honest. The season ticket holders I know are DONE.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #15
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You're high again

No but Rick Smith has the sack to do it when McNair directs him to do so. I really believe that will be the extent of the firings. If McNair were to hire a Football Operations guru to run the show with Smith just handling contract negotiations, Kubiak running the offense and the new hard nosed DC (given the proper tools) implementing a real NFL defense, we have a winning NFL team. JMHO

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #16
97roc
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected97roc is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as this doesn't turn into a Minnesota situation, McNair will keep Smith/Kubiak. And no, Kubiak will not sack Bush on his own (did i say sack bush?), but McNair may force a change at DC after the season. Nothing happens to the Smithiak unless the 2011 season implodes. Depressing.
Old 11-24-2010   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree, TK. Short of an overwhelming fan rebellion that directly relates to the bottom line of this franchise, I do not see Kubiak going anywhere in 2011. They will scapegoat Bush and buy Kubiak another year (or two) with the excuse of implementing a new defensive scheme.

It's wishful thinking on the part of the fan base that we see a proven HC in 2011 in a Texans shirt, but I just don't think McNair is that kind of owner. He has the patience of a cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I support this team!!
I love my country!!

Quote:

You're high again

yep. The owner's M.O. has always been to give suckage the benefit of the doubt. He hated to fire Capers, he hated to see HWWNBN go, and he will do the same with Kubiak. I am resigned to this fate as a Texans fan. It is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that our team is "that" team in the NFL now. The cellar dwellers, the perpetual bridesmaid, the pretenders who desperately want to be contenders but never are, the aquarium's sucker fish. We've become a laughing stock, but it's not funny. The emperor obviously has no clothes on, but our owner is blind at midnight in a cave. He's always the last one to "get it".
Old 11-24-2010   #18
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 11-24-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I agree, TK. Short of an overwhelming fan rebellion that directly relates to the bottom line of this franchise, I do not see Kubiak going anywhere in 2011. They will scapegoat Bush and buy Kubiak another year (or two) with the excuse of implementing a new defensive scheme.

It's wishful thinking on the part of the fan base that we see a proven HC in 2011 in a Texans shirt, but I just don't think McNair is that kind of owner. He has the patience of a cat.

I love my country!!

yep. The owner's M.O. has always been to give suckage the benefit of the doubt. He hated to fire Capers, he hated to see HWWNBN go, and he will do the same with Kubiak. I am resigned to this fate as a Texans fan. It is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that our team is "that" team in the NFL now. The cellar dwellers, the perpetual bridesmaid, the pretenders who desperately want to be contenders but never are, the aquarium's sucker fish. We've become a laughing stock, but it's not funny. The emperor obviously has no clothes on, but our owner is blind at midnight in a cave. He's always the last one to "get it".
Welp, I feel better now.
Old 11-24-2010   #20
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No doubt they are "that team". All the fans of playoff contenders are circling the Texans on their remaining schedules and penciling in a little "w". Then they are logging into their fantasy football site to see if any of the Texans next opponent's top four or five receivers are somehow still available.

But let's be proud of our "vision" when Bob proves the rightness of our faith by choosing more losing instead of fixing what is wrong with the team. Embrace the inept; it has a bull on its helmet!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read