Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-23-2010   #1
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 2739 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Vince Young Steakhouse opens

When you pay I hear the waiter throws his apron into your lap and leaves with your credit card.

http://www.vinceyoungsteakhouse.com/
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #2
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young Steakhouse opens

"Um, waiter, my steak is very tender and weepy. It found out that it wasn't on the menu under 'Starters.'"
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #3
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

We went there last night. The service and waiter were awful. After waiting 1 hour to get our food it was cold so the wife and I walked out.

The waiter tried to stop us yelling "You can't walk on your bill!" ... I turned around and said "I am not walking out on the bill, I am walking out on you.". He tried to throw a roll at me but he fumbled it.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
We went there last night. The service and waiter were awful. After waiting 1 hour to get our food it was cold so the wife and I walked out.

The waiter tried to stop us yelling "You can't walk on your bill!" ... I turned around and said "I am not walking out on the bill, I am walking out on you.". He tried to throw a roll at me but he fumbled it.
Let me guess...but since the owner has a man-crush on you (even though your not all that good a customer), you will be welcomed back with open arms, while other steakhouses in the area get in a bidding war for the services of the soon to be unemployed waiter?
Old 11-23-2010   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

WOW.

I saw on the news the signature steak is called "The Perfect 10" and remember thinking it must only come rare.
Old 11-23-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

That's odd, I would have bet money he owned a wiener factory.
Old 11-23-2010   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

pics from the restaurant. I heard there was a fly in someones soup during the night

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I heard this is a couple of pictures from the VIP room

Old 11-23-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard Vince was asked to leave the facility during the Grand Opening.

*aologies if someone already this angle - did not read the whole thread*
Old 11-23-2010   #10
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

He's priced higher than Morton's and Fleming's.

Steaks
Proudly Serving USDA Prime Beef
Prime New York Strip 12oz $36
Prime Bone In Rib Eye Steak 22oz $42
Prime Rib Eye Steak 16oz $38
Filet Mignon 12oz $36
Filet Mignon 8oz $30
Prime Porterhouse 22oz $45
The Perfect Ten $50
Serving Strube Ranch Wagyu Beef, Pittsburg, Texas
10oz New York Strip
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

damn
Old 11-23-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
He's priced higher than Morton's and Fleming's.

Steaks
Proudly Serving USDA Prime Beef
Prime New York Strip 12oz $36
Prime Bone In Rib Eye Steak 22oz $42
Prime Rib Eye Steak 16oz $38
Filet Mignon 12oz $36
Filet Mignon 8oz $30
Prime Porterhouse 22oz $45
The Perfect Ten $50
Serving Strube Ranch Wagyu Beef, Pittsburg, Texas
10oz New York Strip
Hell, Sullivan's Porterhouse is 24oz. and is $40.00. Pappas Bros. Porterhouse (which is 26oz.) is $46.95...

*I judge menu/value prices based on porterhouse steaks*

FAIL!
Old 11-24-2010   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I've heard of prime rib and I've heard of rib-eye, but I've never seen a "prime rib eye" on a menu.

So which is it?

The one with au jus or the one you can buy yourself for sale at HEB and grill yourself?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #14
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear they only use USDA Prime Suicidal Longhorns.
Old 11-24-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure its a steakhouse and not a sausage factory?
Old 11-24-2010   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Try VY's favorite , sweetbread .
Old 11-24-2010   #17
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I've heard of prime rib and I've heard of rib-eye, but I've never seen a "prime rib eye" on a menu.

So which is it?

The one with au jus or the one you can buy yourself for sale at HEB and grill yourself?
"Prime" before the word ribeye indicates the quality of the cut. "Prime Rib" is a separate dish. The top 2% of beef in the US is graded prime. Interestingly, there is no such thing as a prime filet -- or if you get one than it is an awful filet mignon. Marbling is a primary consideration for designating beef as prime. Filet should never have any marbling.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I was at PAPAs steak house and the waiter brought out a rare steak to a girl who had ordered well done, LLong story short the waiter was fired the table got taken over by the manager and our $425 bill was compted, Now we protested the waiter getting fired and were told that the rules of the resturant are perfection and he dropped the ball.
Old 11-24-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I was at PAPAs steak house and the waiter brought out a rare steak to a girl who had ordered well done, LLong story short the waiter was fired the table got taken over by the manager and our $425 bill was compted, Now we protested the waiter getting fired and were told that the rules of the resturant are perfection and he dropped the ball.
The girl should've been fired for ordering a steak well done! Did she ask for A-1, too??

If so, WHY THE HELL WERE YOU HANGING OUT WITH MY EX???!?!?
Old 11-24-2010   #20
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63030 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
That's a pretty basic (and expensive) screw up, and that's definitely the kind of thing you can get fired for at a fine dining restaurant. You have to bring people what they ordered.

Still, Pappa's has the most exacting standards I've ever seen. I knew someone who made it to her last day of training there, but dropped a single drop of wine on the guest's table cloth as she poured a glass of wine. She was sent back to Day 1. She then turned the label of a bottle away from the guest while opening it on another training shift and was let go for those two mistakes.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read