Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-23-2010   #21
Ckw

Default Re: Fantasy Football Trade Advice

I guess the question is which lineup looks better.

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
D/ST: Packers D
K: Sebastian Janikowski

OR

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Steven Jackson
RB: Jamaal Charles
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Mike Wallace
D/ST: Packers D
K: Sebastian Janikowski

Rep to all those that contribute and give their opinions.
Old 11-23-2010   #22
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still going to recommend Gore/Colston over Jackson/Wallace.

It's close, but I will go with my gut.
Old 11-23-2010   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

If you are pretty much a lock to make the playoffs, check each players week 15/16 matchups. It can make a huge difference if you can get someone playing the Texans week 15 to help you go the Super Bowl...
Old 11-24-2010   #24
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dont people usually have a trade deadline to prevent teams out of it to dump players?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010   #25
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Dont people usually have a trade deadline to prevent teams out of it to dump players?
Yes. Ours was today. Thanks for all the advice guys. I made the trade for Frank Gore. Happy with it since it was just announced that Bradshaw is no longer the starter.
Old 11-24-2010   #26
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Yes. Ours was today. Thanks for all the advice guys. I made the trade for Frank Gore. Happy with it since it was just announced that Bradshaw is no longer the starter.
I think you will be pleased.
Old 11-24-2010   #27
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry for the late response, but that is a good trade. Had I not been late to the party I would've recommended jumping all over it because a Foster/Gore RB duo will prove deadly to your opponents, especially in ppr leagues.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2010   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You better get on the wire and grab Westbrook now, Gore is done for the season with a broken hip.

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 11-30-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #29
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think you will be pleased.
How pleased do you think he is now? Told you to do the other trade!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #30
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I played a dude that had Gore this week, while I have Foster and Hillis. The opponent cursed himself asking for Foster and Hillis' ACLs to be snapped prior to last week's games. God bless Fantasy karma.
Old 12-01-2010   #31
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You better get on the wire and grab Westbrook now, Gore is done for the season with a broken hip.
Already done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post

Yeah, it hurts. Granted, I would have been better keeping Bradshaw than getting Jackson. Jackson has been terrible this year.

Old 12-01-2010   #32
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Are you claiming that injury was foreseeable?

Pure asshattery
Old 12-01-2010   #33
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pure asshattery
I thought it was. Gore has screwed more guys than Annabel Chong.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #34
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Next year Frank Gore will have the dreaded Ronnie Brown status. Too much injury risk.
Old 12-01-2010   #35
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pure asshattery
Yeah, no way of telling who is going to get injured. Gore would have gone for 200 yards easily had he stayed in the game.
Old 12-01-2010   #36
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I am done with Fantasy Football.

Because unforeseen things like Gore's injury just lets all the air out of the tires.

I mean, I know you guys will roast me for coming here and saying this, but I can't resist it. Like a moth to the flame, so to speak.

So much "work" gets put into shaping your roster, and then dumb things like this happen. Hours of planning, strategizing, and then BAM! it was all for nothing.

Still, I can understand why some people can remain undeterred and actually embrace and love all of these sorts of things that drive me absolutely bonkers.

The best league I have ever been in? The one where you draft all starters AND your bench players, whom you also drafted, also get THEIR points counted every week. It beats having to make roster decisions every week. Once you got your team drafted, it's on auto-pilot unles you want to make some tweaks here and there. But at least it allows you to have more than just your starters' points count.

In years' past, I had a strong bench but could never capitalize on it. Now, this year's league makes it possible.
Old 12-01-2010   #37
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This is why I am done with Fantasy Football.

Because unforeseen things like Gore's injury just lets all the air out of the tires.

I mean, I know you guys will roast me for coming here and saying this, but I can't resist it. Like a moth to the flame, so to speak.

So much "work" gets put into shaping your roster, and then dumb things like this happen. Hours of planning, strategizing, and then BAM! it was all for nothing.

Still, I can understand why some people can remain undeterred and actually embrace and love all of these sorts of things that drive me absolutely bonkers.

The best league I have ever been in? The one where you draft all starters AND your bench players, whom you also drafted, also get THEIR points counted every week. It beats having to make roster decisions every week. Once you got your team drafted, it's on auto-pilot unles you want to make some tweaks here and there. But at least it allows you to have more than just your starters' points count.

In years' past, I had a strong bench but could never capitalize on it. Now, this year's league makes it possible.
This is why you have to build a deep, strong team. I am still starting Arian Foster and Jamaal Charles so I still feel good about my chances. Wes Welker is FINALLY starting to turn things around a bit so I can put him at the flex or #2 WR, and I went out and jumped on Brian Westbrook as soon as I heard about the injury. I also have Maurice Morris and LeGarrette Blount at RB. Sure, it isn't the same as starting Foster, Gore, and Charles every week, but this is how the cookie crumbles.

It was still a great trade that I worked out. Just sucks that my first game with Gore has to end with him injured for the season. Ouch...
Old 12-01-2010   #38
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pure asshattery
He was already having problems injury problems this year. So yes I saw an injury coming.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010   #39
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
He was already having problems injury problems this year. So yes I saw an injury coming.
Yeah, I saw that broken hip coming also... those foot problems lead to that everytime, right?

You just like saying "told you so".

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read