Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-23-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Randy Moss ".."Wht have I gotten myself into HERE..ths place is crazy"

http://twitter.com/MikeHillESPN/status/6472060012339200

LOL, welcome to Budville Randy! He should have behaved in New England. Instead he gets shipped off to a full blown circus tour. First stop Minnesota, second stop Budville.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Randy Moss ".."Wht have I gotten myself into HERE..ths place is crazy"

Aw... poor Randy
Old 11-23-2010   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Randy Moss ".."Wht have I gotten myself into HERE..ths place is crazy"

Just wait till the Broncos claim him on his next trip to the waiver wire. Then his NFL episode of the Twilight Zone will be complete.
Old 11-23-2010   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That's what you get when you put $ before
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Moss Meltdown v.3 in 5...4...3...2...1...
Old 11-23-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
http://twitter.com/MikeHillESPN/status/6472060012339200

LOL, welcome to Budville Randy! He should have behaved in New England. Instead he gets shipped off to a full blown circus tour. First stop Minnesota, second stop Budville.
You know, as bad as our season has been...as much as I feel rotten about our losses...and as much as the team and its coaches are putting up a stinker when they shouldn't be...

AT LEAST we have the Titans and Vince Young who are making our selection of Mario Williams over VY look like the best decision EVER. Many analysts were sure that VY would have made us instant Super Bowl champs, and now we have VY flipping out so much that nobody is going to give the guy another chance.

Even if he gets it together somehow, he's going to crater AGAIN. It's built into him. It's who he is. There's a reason we bombed the wonderlic test at the combine. And it's not because he didn't study enough. It's because he's shallow and immature and incapable of rational thought and expression.

He's a nut bar. Period.

And we get to watch this all go down. It's a nice consolation prize.
Old 11-23-2010   #7
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 78148 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Many analysts were sure that VY would have made us instant Super Bowl champs,
What analysts? The ones over at Shabby Bevo? Most real NFL analysts were saying the VY was a project that would take time to develop if ever. One thing I don't think they had in the equation was his immaturity. Also I don't think many knew he was nuts on top of that.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2010   #8
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's funny seeing this reaction from Moss. I guess the circus looks a little crazier from the stands than it does from his usual perspective.
Old 11-23-2010   #9
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys are going to meltdown after 6th Rnd rookie Rusty Smith connects to Moss for his 1st NFL TD!

Book it.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #10
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
You guys are going to meltdown after 6th Rnd rookie Rusty Smith connects to Moss for his 1st NFL TD!

Book it.
I have no doubt that Rusty Smith will have a good day against our Texans defense.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #11
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I have no doubt that Rusty Smith will have a good day against our Texans defense.
.....but as long as Andre gets him some Titans secondary it won't help the Teets enough.

I hate the Texans. Hard to talk smack when those sumbitches couldn't close an umbrella.
Old 11-23-2010   #12
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm expecting Foster to gain 350 yards and get 7 TD's. We couldn't stop a runny nose right now.
Old 11-23-2010   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm expecting Foster to gain 350 yards and get 7 TD's. We couldn't stop a runny nose right now.
We may not even try to run him. You really never know with this team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 277266 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Book it.
I'm going to golf clap. Rusty's first TD and the historical Moss-catching-his-third-TD-with-three-different-teams-in-one-season...I'm giddy with anticipation.

Opposing teams making history at Reliant seems to be our franchise's calling card, sort of our gift to the rest of the NFL for bestowing us with the honor of having a team again.
Old 11-23-2010   #15
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You know, as bad as our season has been...as much as I feel rotten about our losses...and as much as the team and its coaches are putting up a stinker when they shouldn't be...

AT LEAST we have the Titans and Vince Young who are making our selection of Mario Williams over VY look like the best decision EVER. Many analysts were sure that VY would have made us instant Super Bowl champs, and now we have VY flipping out so much that nobody is going to give the guy another chance.

Even if he gets it together somehow, he's going to crater AGAIN. It's built into him. It's who he is. There's a reason we bombed the wonderlic test at the combine. And it's not because he didn't study enough. It's because he's shallow and immature and incapable of rational thought and expression.

He's a nut bar. Period.

And we get to watch this all go down. It's a nice consolation prize.
Thing is, a lot of Texans fans slammed the team for giving David Carr one more year. (I didn't. I wanted to see what a new coach would do). The thinking was, we were set at qb - for the time being - and that maybe a new coach could fix him. I had no problem with that.

The people who say we should not have given David Carr one more year are often the same people who are now saying we're glad we didn't take Vince Young. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If we hadn't given Carr one more year, we would have needed a qb, and would have more than likely taken Vince.

We made a decision that we thought was best at the time: Give Carr another shot. It didn't work out. I'm tired of hearing McNair being slammed for that extra Carr year, because I think it's a moot point. Should we have canned him and brought in Vince?

Anyway, this is all in the past. Everything happens for a reason. I'm fine with our qb situation.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #16
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Quote:
We may not even try to run him. You really never know with this team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm going to golf clap. Rusty's first TD and the historical Moss-catching-his-third-TD-with-three-different-teams-in-one-season...I'm giddy with anticipation.

Opposing teams making history at Reliant seems to be our franchise's calling card, sort of our gift to the rest of the NFL for bestowing us with the honor of having a team again.
Dang you guys are down.

It's taken the Titans a few weeks longer to get me to feeling the same way.

When you know you suck you can start to laugh about it.

When your team gives you expectations of greatness before hitting the self destruct button it's harder to come to terms with.

Zero chance the Titans beat the Texans this week. Have you seen us play lately?
Old 11-23-2010   #17
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty pretty pretty sure that this is Mike Hill trying to make a twitter funny and not something that actually happened.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Thing is, a lot of Texans fans slammed the team for giving David Carr one more year. (I didn't. I wanted to see what a new coach would do). The thinking was, we were set at qb - for the time being - and that maybe a new coach could fix him. I had no problem with that.

The people who say we should not have given David Carr one more year are often the same people who are now saying we're glad we didn't take Vince Young. Sorry, but you can't have it both ways. If we hadn't given Carr one more year, we would have needed a qb, and would have more than likely taken Vince.

We made a decision that we thought was best at the time: Give Carr another shot. It didn't work out. I'm tired of hearing McNair being slammed for that extra Carr year, because I think it's a moot point. Should we have canned him and brought in Vince?

Anyway, this is all in the past. Everything happens for a reason. I'm fine with our qb situation.
That's just not true, man. Lots of folks saw HWWNBN for what he was before and during 2-14.

And just because a person did not like HWWNBN does not automatically mean that they supported VY. I did not want HWWNBN for another year and wanted the Texans to draft D'Brick or Hawk. But, I'm a fan of defense, and I've seen teams win championships with scrub QBs and stellar D's, so my perspective is obviously not the norm. I'm not denying that your point is valid, just that it's not as black and white generalities as you seem to imply.

People slam McNair for the HWWNBN because he was an owner impacting football operations based upon misguided loyalty (and perhaps a man crush). He was interviewing HC candidates with the loaded question about HWWNBN. McNair screwed the pooch with that decision and the subsequent contract extension, and this is perhaps why Gary has a little bit longer rope than any of us want him to have. Perhaps McNair considers 2006 to be somewhat of a mulligan for Kubiak. Who knows.

Quote:
Dang you guys are down.

It's taken the Titans a few weeks longer to get me to feeling the same way.

When you know you suck you can start to laugh about it.

When your team gives you expectations of greatness before hitting the self destruct button it's harder to come to terms with.

Zero chance the Titans beat the Texans this week. Have you seen us play lately?
If I don't laugh at the situation, I will cry. We are a Charlie Brown fan base playing Lucyball, renewing our sense of hope and optimism annually only to have the Thanksgiving tradition not of turkey and dressing, but of a Texans meltdown. You can smell it in the air!
Old 11-23-2010   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

This has got to be the most unusual Texans vs. Titans thread I've ever read.

Titan fan - We suck.
Texan fan - We suck more.
Titan fan - No no no. Look I'm telling you - we definitely suck more.
Texan fan - Are you kidding me? We're awful.

It's bizarro texan talk....

Old 11-23-2010   #20
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65087 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
This has got to be the most unusual Texans vs. Titans thread I've ever read.

Titan fan - We suck.
Texan fan - We suck more.
Titan fan - No no no. Look I'm telling you - we definitely suck more.
Texan fan - Are you kidding me? We're awful.

It's bizarro texan talk....

I know, its the least amount of buildup to our game ever.We both know our seasons are cooked, that major changes (HC, QB etc) are coming. Sad when you hit Nov 23rd and your hopes have been destroyed. May the less cursed team win on Sunday?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read