Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2010   #1
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Team Childress

Let's make it happen.

gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Team Childress

Just the title made me almost spit my beer out my nose laughing.

He's probably working at the GAP again right now with that small earpiece he used to wear on the sidelines like he was one of those guys that works there walking around with his little headset.

(To keep my man card I will stipulate....once upon a time I was married, so GAP was just one of the many, mannnnnnnyyyyy stores I had to endure now and then...)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #3
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 93420 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks. I have this vision of Childress wearing a trenchcoat and prowling local parks in a van.

Probably a nice guy, but that's just his look.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take him as the offensive coordinator under a real head coach.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm. That is an interesting proposition.

So this is Childress who had a beast of a running back (well, beast of a one two punch!). An all-pro receiver come in and out the door in a month. A defensive line that would match almost any other in the league. And he didn't win a Superbowl?

What is he going to do with no defense and the rest of our issues? No thanks, I'll pass.
Old 11-23-2010   #6
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

So wait, you want to get rid of Gary Kubiak and get BRAD CHILDRESS?!

REALLY.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
No thanks. I have this vision of Childress wearing a trenchcoat and prowling local parks in a van.

Probably a nice guy, but that's just his look.
He does have a little pedophile look doesn't he? Wonder if they give out little white van replicas at the stadium...

Back on topic, no way. At least the team hasn't quit on Kubiak. The Vikings completely fell apart.
Old 11-23-2010   #8
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I"m down for this fo sho

edit: that was supposed to be all capitals
Old 11-23-2010   #9
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8908 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

this guy trolled some texans fans hard
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209558 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

No freaking way ..... absolutely NOT.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #11
TEXANJAK
Texans #1

Rep Power: 127 TEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respected

no way.not him
Old 11-23-2010   #12
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh, sure. I can see Arian Foster really liking THAT personality in charge.

No.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #13
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone needs to synchronize their sarcasm meters in ....3....2....1
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

:vomit:
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

For all you Kubiak haters, this is the risk you are going to take if you get rid of Kubiak. We have an owner that doesn't like to spend money on big names but instead gambles and throws big money at people that aren't worth it. This has been evident through our drafts, FA signings, and even coordinator signings.

Something tells me that if we let Kubiak go, this will be the guy we go after. Especially since we've already interviewed him before. This will lead to more horrible seasons. I don't want this guy, which means we bring him in and hire him right away.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #16
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Brad? Nope! Ray? I think he'd make a good defensive line coach
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #17
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
For all you Kubiak haters, this is the risk you are going to take if you get rid of Kubiak. We have an owner that doesn't like to spend money on big names but instead gambles and throws big money at people that aren't worth it. This has been evident through our drafts, FA signings, and even coordinator signings.

Something tells me that if we let Kubiak go, this will be the guy we go after. Especially since we've already interviewed him before. This will lead to more horrible seasons. I don't want this guy, which means we bring him in and hire him right away.
LOL, I love this. I like the chances of getting a new coach like Cowher, or even Rob Ryan instead of sticking with Kubiak.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Old 11-23-2010   #19
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33473 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
this guy trolled some texans fans hard
With some of the rubbish posted on this board recently, it is getting hard to tell!

Old 11-23-2010   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
LOL, I love this. I like the chances of getting a new coach like Cowher, or even Rob Ryan instead of sticking with Kubiak.
Me too. Count me in with the people who want Kubiak gone but I also have to remind myself of what this front office has done before and that's whatever is more affordable. They've never done anything that was headline attention grabbing or anything that would make the NFL feel our team was a nice marketable team. Instead they've gone with status quo coaching, and status quo players. Have they done anything to make you think that all of a sudden they are going to do anything different than that?

Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, are all coaches who have taken their teams to the promise land. Childress is a guy who has choked.

Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, are all coaches that many teams will be clamoring for come February. Childress will still be looking for a HC job or will have to settle for a coordinator job.

What does this mean? Childress will be the more affordable coach in an offseason that still has no guarantee of a next season. That right there spells us going after him vs. any of the top 3 I mentioned earlier. If that's the way our FO is going to handle our "vacant" coaching position, and they haven't done anything to make me think otherwise, then I'd rather stay with Kubiak and let him get a DC. Meanwhile we can see the Panthers take on Cowher and go to the Super Bowl in two years.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read