Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Best Player on the Texans - Next year (assume no trades or injuries)
Matt Schaub 1 1.22%
Arian Foster 15 18.29%
Andre Johnson 62 75.61%
Owen Daniels 0 0%
Mario Williams 3 3.66%
Antonio Smith 1 1.22%
Brian Cushing 0 0%
DeMeco Ryans 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010   #1
ToxicButt
Rookie

Rep Power: 140 ToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respectedToxicButt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best player on the Texans?

I've been giving this some thought lately. Here's how I would pose the question. Which Texan would you expect to have the best season next year.
ToxicButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #2
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best player on the Texans?

Vonte Leach, the unknown hero of our running game success.

But he isn't on your poll, and there a way too many variables about 'next year' to make an accurate assessment, IMO.
Old 11-23-2010   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

If the premise is "next year" AJ is in his prime and has proven he is basically the one person that excels and play balls out every damn game.

I also put him as best player on the team now, all time and forever until proven otherwise.

Mark my words he will be the 1st Texans player inducted into the Hall Of Fame.

Total shame that he is being absolutely wasted while in the prime of his career. If Kubiak stays, mediocrity does too and no chance for 'Dre to have his Fitzgerald like post season and shine nationally.

Kubiak gets the boot and still another year minimum before this team is well rounded on both sides of the ball to probably even make the playoffs. I know some people think that a new coach just magically means possibly the post season because other teams have done it before, but this team has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much garbage that needs to be cleaned up, plus there will most likely be a scheme change so I would bet 2 years minimum before 'Dre gets a chance to shine on the national stage.

But I digress as I do not want to hijack the thread and start a food fight that is off topic.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #4
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is the best player on the team without question. He is easily top 5 in the league at any position, up there with Peyton, Polamalu, Aso, Willis.
Old 11-23-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Brisiel .. serious this guy is consestent all the time a badass guard IMO
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #6
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

lol at Owen Daniels that dude is done

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is the best until proven otherwise.

I don't believe it will be proven otherwise.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2010   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is the best player the Texans have, have ever had and probably will ever have.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #9
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 257 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Andre Johnson is the best player the Texans have, have ever had and probably will ever have.
This. Teams are lucky if they get a guy of AJ's caliber once every ten years. He's a future Hall of Famer, and the best player at his position in the league.
Old 11-23-2010   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is easily the best player on the team.

Now you're poll doesnt really reflect your title, so I dont know if I'd answer AJ for that, but just on odds alone, yes, he's most likely to have the best year next year
Old 11-23-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Someone said it up above - the one guy on this team that you never have to question is AJ. He gives 100% every play, every game, and aside from injury issues, the results show it.
Old 11-23-2010   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52455 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Bryce McCain ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #13
stevo3883
All Pro

Is this really a question? Even Mario votes for AJ
Old 11-23-2010   #14
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

The best player over all is AJ, but the best player this year is Foster!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
AJ is easily the best player on the team.

Now you're poll doesnt really reflect your title, so I dont know if I'd answer AJ for that, but just on odds alone, yes, he's most likely to have the best year next year
Yea I read the fine print after I voted... but it still would have been the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
My opinion is that AJ is still the best player we have this year... Foster is just playing better. LOL
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #16
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian is a close second.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
BT beat me to it. My answer as well.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read