Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-22-2010   #1
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY placed on IR ... However Bud insists that he isn't going anywhere ...

Quote:
"They are going to have to work together. I haven't given up on Vince, and I am sure Fisher hasn't either," Adams told Jim Wyatt of the Nashville Tennesseean from his office in Houston. "Vince was upset and said some things he regretted after doing it, but you have to get to the bottom of it, straighten it out and move on.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-288213

OK, should a thumb injury really put him on the IR or was this a way to keep him off the field by Fisher?

If Bud insists on keeping VY I fully expect Fisher to walk.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY placed on IR ... However Bud insists that he isn't going anywhere ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-288213

OK, should a thumb injury really put him on the IR or was this a way to keep him off the field by Fisher?

If Bud insists on keeping VY I fully expect Fisher to walk.
Bogus IR...he was ready to come back into the game.

I agree Fisher SHOULD walk if Bud is going to dictate who takes the field on Sundays.
Old 11-22-2010   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY placed on IR ... However Bud insists that he isn't going anywhere ...

"Team Fisher" is beginning to have a certain ring to it. It'd be nice to have a coach who has it in for the Teets.
Old 11-22-2010   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Bogus IR...he was ready to come back into the game.

I agree Fisher SHOULD walk if Bud is going to dictate who takes the field on Sundays.
Yeah, walk on over to the soon to be vacant Texans HC job.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
"Team Fisher" is beginning to have a certain ring to it. It'd be nice to have a coach who has it in for the Teets.
Sorry, bud, Kubiak ain't going anywhere and Fisher isn't niiiiiiice enough for this team.
Old 11-22-2010   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Jeff Fisher.. strong defense and run the ball, IF he were to come in here, I wonder how long it would take him to revamp the offense to his liking ( or do they do that zone base blocking scheme?) or would he keep the offensive coaches in tact
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Sorry, bud, Kubiak ain't going anywhere and Fisher isn't niiiiiiice enough for this team.
Lol, I think you're right, Lucy.

Signed,
Charlie Brown
Old 11-22-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yep true popped my bubble
Old 11-22-2010   #9
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm no longer so sure about that. If this team finishes 7-9 or worse, I don't think Kubes will be here next year (or 2012, depending on the lockout).
Old 11-22-2010   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, I think you're right, Lucy.

Signed,
Charlie Brown
For this thread and this thread only!

I'm firmly in the Charlie Brown fanbase who keeps trying to kick that damn ball every year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
I'm no longer so sure about that. If this team finishes 7-9 or worse, I don't think Kubes will be here next year (or 2012, depending on the lockout).
I'd really like to be as OPTIMISTIC as you (hehe), but honestly, I think they scapegoat Bush and sell it with a marketing blitz.

Unresolved collective bargaining agreement has McNair scared, plus that little extension Kubiak got means it's a profit loss to fire him early.

McNair probably sees the offense still being good (gold star for Kubiak) and it's all Frank's fault that the defense sucks (because Kubiak is an offensive mind).

I can see the team finishing 8-8, just good enough for McNair to justify keeping Kubiak with a new DC.
Old 11-22-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For this thread and this thread only!

I'm firmly in the Charlie Brown fanbase who keeps trying to kick that damn ball every year!

I'd really like to be as OPTIMISTIC as you (hehe), but honestly, I think they scapegoat Bush and sell it with a marketing blitz.

Unresolved collective bargaining agreement has McNair scared, plus that little extension Kubiak got means it's a profit loss to fire him early.

McNair probably sees the offense still being good (gold star for Kubiak) and it's all Frank's fault that the defense sucks (because Kubiak is an offensive mind).

I can see the team finishing 8-8, just good enough for McNair to justify keeping Kubiak with a new DC.

I hate to diagree with you, but I don't see us winning 4 more. We finish at 5-11 or 6-10 at best.

And I thought Matt Williamson was daft when he predicted the Texans to be at best a 6 win team...

FML! Like Thorn, I want to see a Houston football team win the SB before I die, though I know that is a slim hope.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
The Tennessean reported Monday that owner Bud Adams had talked to Fisher and Young and told them to “get this thing settled” and work together. Adams said Young told him he wanted to return to the game, and the 87-year-old owner isn’t going to release the No. 3 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

“Oh, God, yeah. He is under contract. I wouldn’t want to let him go. We are going to pay him a lot of money,” Adams told the paper. Young is due to receive $8.5 million in 2011.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-young

make it rain Bud, make it rain

Old 11-22-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-young
Quote:
The Tennessean reported Monday that owner Bud Adams had talked to Fisher and Young and told them to “get this thing settled” and work together. Adams said Young told him he wanted to return to the game, and the 87-year-old owner isn’t going to release the No. 3 overall pick in the 2006 draft.

“Oh, God, yeah. He is under contract. I wouldn’t want to let him go. We are going to pay him a lot of money,” Adams told the paper. Young is due to receive $8.5 million in 2011.
make it rain Bud, make it rain

Awesomeness!!!!
Old 11-22-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It is a little disheartening that Blazing Arrow wasn't around to witness the chicanery and tomfoolery of Vincent, "Radio" Young.

RIP Kian!! errrr Flaming Sparrow.
Old 11-22-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 118834 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Awesomeness!!!!

We need a toad palm for these classic fumbuck moments...
Brain Cushing
Old 11-22-2010   #16
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15235 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Way to divide the team Bud. I do not miss that moron running this cities team one bit.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

so bud basically said to fisher that he is number 1 in his book when it comes to the team)
(too bad vince didn't have number 11 as a jersey number and would have made the picture even better)
Old 11-22-2010   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, what an dumbass. You don't EVER bench a hall of famer. Even Kubiak isn't that stupid, he would NEVER bench Vince...
Old 11-22-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
so bud basically said to fisher that is is number 1 in his book when it comes to the team)
(too bad vince didn't have number 11 as a jersey number and would have made the picture even better)
It's ok. We all know that Buck Fud can't count...
Brain Cushing
Old 11-22-2010   #20
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Right. I fully expect Brad Childress to sign on...

Kill me please.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read