Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: @ national TV embarrsments will mean....
...immediate change 3 7.89%
...nothing..won't matter 20 52.63%
...Kubiak gets another extension 1 2.63%
...the brown cow says moo 14 36.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2010   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Will this do it?....

Ok, so, I just had this question pop into my head and wanted to see what anyone else thought.

We have 2 more national TV games......Thursday nighter against the Eagles at the Link and a MNF at home against the Ravens game left this year.

Both of these games could or most likely should be embarrassing. I would think that embarrassing enough National games would lead to immediate firings of coaches up to and possibly Kubiak.

I gotta believe that this would be the last straw and that Uncle Bob at that point would realize what I have that the Texans are back to joke of the league status.

So, would 2 nationally televised pummelings aginst the Texans force some immediate change?

I cautiously say yes.

But I'm torn between the brown cow says moo too.....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Will this do it?....

Well any loss isnt going to help Kubes

I think we win 1 or both of thoes games imo

This team is slowly getting better IMO just sayin
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

YES!!!!!!!

Someone went with brown cow!!!!

Damnit, I knew I should have went that way with my vote!!

The reason I put that in there is with the defensive play calling it's like Frank Bush has one of those kids toys that you pull the string and it spins the arrow on the wheel and stops on an animal and says something like "the sheep says...bahh...bahh".

I keep picturing him with one of those that he pulls the string and it gives him the defensive play but there is an error with one of the options and it says "the brown cow says moo".....but instead of him realizing it's not even a real play, he thinks it is and calls it into the Defense on the field.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-22-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
YES!!!!!!!

Someone went with brown cow!!!!

Damnit, I knew I should have went that way with my vote!!
That was me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak ain't going anywhere, even if this team finishes 4-12 (which they won't).

All the wishing in the world by fans equals to jack nothing when it comes to our owner loving niiiiiiiice guys. It has become painfully obvious that the owner's inclination to avoid firing niiiiiiiice guys is as influential as any other meddling owner out there. He will never hire a hard-ass coach like Parcells or Cowher. We are stuck with niiiiiiiice and will continue to suffer mediocrity as a result.

I will pass out from shock if Kubiak is let go when his kids play so hard. Bush will be the scapegoat and this will save Mr. Niiiiiiiice for another season of epic suckitude.

I would disclaimer this post with [/cynical sarcasm], but in the end, I know the above is probably closer to the truth.
Old 11-22-2010   #6
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Kubiak ain't going anywhere, even if this team finishes 4-12 (which they won't).

All the wishing in the world by fans equals to jack nothing when it comes to our owner loving niiiiiiiice guys. It has become painfully obvious that the owner's inclination to avoid firing niiiiiiiice guys is as influential as any other meddling owner out there. He will never hire a hard-ass coach like Parcells or Cowher. We are stuck with niiiiiiiice and will continue to suffer mediocrity as a result.

I will pass out from shock if Kubiak is let go when his kids play so hard. Bush will be the scapegoat and this will save Mr. Niiiiiiiice for another season of epic suckitude.

I would disclaimer this post with [/cynical sarcasm], but in the end, I know the above is probably closer to the truth.
Sadly, I think you are right.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Agreed.........unfortunately
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2010   #8
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would you think this team will perform poorly in those two games? They will come after the team has been all-but-mathematically eliminated from playoff contention (which we're almost at now). Nothing lights this team on fire like playing games after the season is hopeless. I fully expect us to lose against Tennessee, after which we no longer have any chance at all, then catch on fire and win out, making it seem once again that we're on the verge of something great (next year), again.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
I fully expect us to lose against Tennessee, after which we no longer have any chance at all, then catch on fire and win out, making it seem once again that we're on the verge of something great (next year), again.
It's a Time Warp! We are going to Do It Again!

And while I was just being humorous there, it wouldn't suprise me in the least that is exactly what happens. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This.

At the end of the day, I think the defensive coaches will get the axe at kubiaks expense.

I'm not really sure how I feel about that scenario right now.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think what day or time of day the game(s) are played will have any effect on how Kubiak, Smith, Bush, et al are evaluated at the end of the year.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

To quote Michael J. Fox: "...Moo.."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

With a season ticket-holding fan base that is getting fed up, McNair can't risk his billion dollar - repeat BILLION - football team regressing. A flat screen tv is cheaper than Texans tickets.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #14
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
With a season ticket-holding fan base that is getting fed up, McNair can't risk his billion dollar - repeat BILLION - football team regressing. A flat screen tv is cheaper than Texans tickets.
They have to pull the trigger before he will get the message.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
8 years of mediocrity resulted in the highest numbers of season tickets being sold at Reliant Stadium to date.

I will believe that season tickets holders will revolt when they actually do it.

PSL investments seem to be a great deterrent to voting with your pocketbook.

Plus, if it's only about the money, even the Bills are profitable right now. Revenue sharing ensures that all teams make a nice profit.

I do not mean to rain on your parade, as I want Kubiak gone as much as the next guy. But, being the pragmatic fan that I am, I think that three factors will be in play here: 1) Kubiak still has two years on his contract after this season, 2) collective bargaining agreement still needs to be resolved, and 3) Kubiak is a niiiiiiiice guy and McNair loves him some niiiiiiiice.

Bush = scapegoat and we see another year of Goobiak ball. Bank on it.
Old 11-22-2010   #16
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

LOL.....whoever voted that Kubiak gets an extension...stand up and be counted! lol....i wanna rep you!!

that made me lol big time. i can see it happening too the way this franchise seems so afraid at times to change anything.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 11-22-2010   #17
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will see a big change this off season.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read