Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2010   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Division standings say that.....

.........JAX is the leader. WOW.

That's how wide open our division is this year. INDY has fallen off a bit, Possum Squallor is having issues as most inbreds would, Texans consistentlty open up like a "pro" in vegas so therefore JAX, effing JAX....you know.....the team with all the tarp fans in the stands....yeah....that team that may not even be there in a year or 2......yyyyeeeeaaahhhhhh

They lead the division.

Just simmer on that for a bit. Had the Texans won at least 2 of the last 3 games in which they could have won despite the diahretic secondary we would still be the division leaders.

Time to go stand in the middle of the street blindfolded......excuse me....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Division standings say that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Just simmer on that for a bit. Had the Texans won at least 2 of the last 3 games in which they could have won despite the diahretic secondary we would still be the division leaders.
If "ifs" and "buts" were fruits and nuts, Oh what a Merry Christmas we would have.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

The lowly Jags are in first, and the Texans are in last. Maintaining the status quo and being a "stable" organization isn't doing much for the record. Two years of opportunity wasted and counting.
Old 11-22-2010   #4
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
.........JAX is the leader. WOW.

That's how wide open our division is this year. INDY has fallen off a bit, Possum Squallor is having issues as most inbreds would, Texans consistentlty open up like a "pro" in vegas so therefore JAX, effing JAX....you know.....the team with all the tarp fans in the stands....yeah....that team that may not even be there in a year or 2......yyyyeeeeaaahhhhhh

They lead the division.

Time to go stand in the middle of the street blindfolded......excuse me....

I guess it sucks to be a Texan fan...keep up with the tarp jokes, if that makes you feel happy. By the way, no blackouts this season. I like the no respect for the Jags..keep it up..we'll be the true dark horse...just imagine if they do win the division?
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mootini View Post
I guess it sucks to be a Texan fan...keep up with the tarp jokes, if that makes you feel happy. By the way, no blackouts this season. I like the no respect for the Jags..keep it up..we'll be the true dark horse...just imagine if they do win the division?

I'm just pissed. I know the tarp thing is old. It's just crazy that the Jags who were supposed to be bad by all means and signs before the season are possibly going to win the division. The Texans, who were supposedly on the rise are again in the cellar.

All I was trying to mainly say was that should be us.

I'll say though, I'd rather see the Jags win rather than the Tits or Colts.

I was trying to rip the Texans more so than the Jags.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #6
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people constantly sleep on the Jags?

Guys, look. I said last summer to a buddy of mine: The Jags are a well coached team, and we are going to lose to them. He dismissevely said, "They have no talent. I'm not worried about them."

Every year, it's the same old thing: People leave the Jags to die, then, halfway through the season, they look up and notice that the Jags are winning games. Then, next thing you know, they are in the playoff hunt.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is coaching. The Jags have a TON of distractions - they can't sell tickets, people slam them, there is talk of moving the team - and yet, they always play aggressively and are always "in the hunt."

I have always respected Jack DelRio, and continue to do so.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 125605 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yet another season that was ripe for the taking, but ultimately ends in failure.

The Texans suck, the Rockets suck and the Stros are bound to suck. The life of a Houston sports fan.

Meh, I have too much fishin and huntin to look forward to. No reason to waste my time with these jackov's.
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2010   #8
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Looking at the remaining schedule, I'm thinking the Colts are going to win this with a 9 to 11 win record. I think Jacksonville has the toughest of the remaining schedule and will struggle down the wire. We take the win at the end of the season becuase that's what we do. It's a shame with the way things have unfolded, becuase the other teams are doing (for the most part) what we thought (hoped) would happen for us to take the division this season.

Jacksonville 6-4 (7-10)

@Giants L
@Titans W
Raiders L
@Colts L
Redskins L
@Texans L

Colts 6-4 (10-6 OR 11-5)

Chargers L
Cowboys W
@Titans W
Jaguars W
@Raiders L
Titans W

Titans 5-5 (6-10)

@ Texans L
Jaguars L
Colts L
Texans W
@ Chiefs L
@ Colts L

Texans 4-6 (6-10)

Titans W
@Eagles L
Ravens L
@Titans L
@Broncos L
Jaguars W
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #9
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 36043 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Why do people constantly sleep on the Jags?

Guys, look. I said last summer to a buddy of mine: The Jags are a well coached team, and we are going to lose to them. He dismissevely said, "They have no talent. I'm not worried about them."

Every year, it's the same old thing: People leave the Jags to die, then, halfway through the season, they look up and notice that the Jags are winning games. Then, next thing you know, they are in the playoff hunt.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is coaching. The Jags have a TON of distractions - they can't sell tickets, people slam them, there is talk of moving the team - and yet, they always play aggressively and are always "in the hunt."

I have always respected Jack DelRio, and continue to do so.
Teams take on the personality of their coaches. Last night I was watching a Kubiak interview, and he was discussing what he could possibly say to make the players "feel better".

I wonder if Del Rio struglles with his players' feelings after a couple of nonsense losses.
Old 11-22-2010   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not taken shots at the Jags, because as a Texan fan I only wish we had your record right now and your position in the division. Actually I don't think we've beat you guys since 2008, right ?
Hey man, if we can't take advantage of opportunites in this division more power to you guys if you can.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #11
sandmanx
Veteran

Rep Power: 1707 sandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respectedsandmanx is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew this season was lost after Indy. It's just too bad the Texans don't have a head coach, because even as bad as they play, they still have a shot at the division.

That being said, I'm rooting for 4-12, and get a high draft pick for the next coaching staff, and hope Bob blindly hits the coaching lottery. Even if there is a lockout and a new staff only gets 2 weeks to implement their system, it's bound to be better than the crap we have to watch week after week now.
sandmanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #12
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Looking at the remaining schedule, I'm thinking the Colts are going to win this with a 9 to 11 win record. I think Jacksonville has the toughest of the remaining schedule and will struggle down the wire. We take the win at the end of the season becuase that's what we do. It's a shame with the way things have unfolded, becuase the other teams are doing (for the most part) what we thought (hoped) would happen for us to take the division this season.

Jacksonville 6-4 (7-10)

@Giants L
@Titans W
Raiders L
@Colts L
Redskins L
@Texans L

Colts 6-4 (10-6 OR 11-5)

Chargers L
Cowboys W
@Titans W
Jaguars W
@Raiders L
Titans W

Titans 5-5 (6-10)

@ Texans L
Jaguars L
Colts L
Texans W
@ Chiefs L
@ Colts L

Texans 4-6 (6-10)

Titans W
@Eagles L
Ravens L
@Titans L
@Broncos L
Jaguars W
I think the Colts have a harder schedule...going to Oakland day after xmas won't be easy! Colts have to play the Chargers, who always has their number, then Cowboys, whom have come out of the grave. Add on 3 divisonal games? Interesting finish to this season. I think it's up for grabs!
Old 11-22-2010   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I truly hope they stay in Jacksonville. It's nice to have a pro team in North Florida, especially one that my team visits once a year.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure there will be those ifs and buts comments but as fans sometimes this is all we can talk about.

We SHOULD have pulled out the victory against the Jags.
We SHOULD have pulled out the victory against the Jets.

These are games where we COMPLETELY gave the game away in the final seconds. It's not a series of plays where if this or that happened we coulda squeeked out a victory... these are games... oh my gosh I'm getting upset again. The JETS, WTF happened those last few plays. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE playcall on the Edwards deep grab and terrible execution. Then the JAGS, I'm just going to leave it at WTF.

Easily should be 6-4 right now because of the last 2 games. They aren't losses like the dog jumped up on the kitchen counter and ate all the hamburger meat. We f*%#ing put the hamburger meat in the g*ddamn dogbowl and are scratching our heads like the dog just did something bad by eating it.

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 11-22-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #15
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You guys are a joke. We're not much better but your record is fools gold. If you win the division it will be a one and done. Indy is playing nothing but backups.

I don't have the hatred for the Jags that some Texans fans do but if you make the playoffs you'll show as well or worse than the bungles did last year. There is a motherboard for smart azz fans of other teams though. It is their OWN board.

At least we don't have delusions that our team is actually worth a shyte.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
You guys are a joke. We're not much better but your record is fools gold. If you win the division it will be a one and done. Indy is playing nothing but backups.

I don't have the hatred for the Jags that some Texans fans do but if you make the playoffs you'll show as well or worse than the bungles did last year. There is a motherboard for smart azz fans of other teams though. It is their OWN board.

Mike
Dude, you can't be serious. The Jags are a team that has no where near the talent we have, yet they manage to grind out wins.

As I said earlier in this thread, it's the same thing every year with this team: They sneak up on everyone and get wins when no one is looking.

Say what you want about their record, but it is what it is, for now. Jack DelRio is a great coach who plays old-school, big-lineman, puch-you-in-the-mouth football. Gary Kubiak believes in the ballerina type of football, where lineman are flexible and can sashay around the field like little bitches.

Jags fans have a right to brag.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Kittens are taking advantage of the situation in the AFC South this year, the Moo Cows are not.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #18
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Umm

Jax@ Indy .. they still have to play in da barn yard

Jax@ HOU ...........end of the year we could knock them off and help indy get a bye week or something

Jus sayin
Norg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Gary Kubiak believes in the ballerina type of football, where lineman are flexible and can sashay around the field like little bitches.
Now that was funny!
Old 11-22-2010   #20
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Mike
Mike, you're the joke...ask any Texan fan, would you like to be one an done this season? I assume everyone on this site would say, YES! It's ok, you guys haven't even sniffed the playoffs. By the way if the season end right now, it would be Patriots at Jax...at home I like that...gold's gold or not!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read