Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2010   #1
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Stop whining its just a game

I'm not bashing Kubiak, the players, Smith or any of the other coaches. We seem to forget that this is just a kids game. Some of the angry threads and posts I've seen just make me wonder how many of you are on blood pressure meds..lol. The jets were 4-6 last season and still made it to the AFC championship game .....now I don't truely think we can duplicate that but for those who need something to hope for ..there it is. I have a problem with people calling for Jobs in the middle of the season...I have called for players to be benched in favor of who I think is better but not calling for anyones job right now....what am I trying to say?.......Just stop whining its just a game.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #2
Esoom
Veteran

Section: 631
Rep Power: 257 Esoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respectedEsoom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Stop whining its just a game

The things is though, that while it may be "just a game", it is a game that a lot of us have invested a lot of emotion and money into. Therefore, I believe we, as fans, have every right to be dissatisfied with the way things are progressing (or regressing) this season, and we have every right to voice that dissatisfaction on message boards such as this. What makes players' jobs less valuable to you than coaches' jobs? Why would you call for players to be replaced when they aren't performing up to your standards, and reprimand others for calling for coaches to be replaced when they aren't performing either?

And honestly, if it weren't for complaining about the players and coaches, there just wouldn't be that much to talk about this season.
Old 11-22-2010   #3
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody is that utilitarian to only whine and care about the serious things in life. Why don't you have a problem with calling for jobs mid season? Doesn't the worst defense in franchise history or since the 81 Colts rile you up as a fan?
It's obviously riled you up enough to complain about the whiners.
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
I'm not bashing Kubiak, the players, Smith or any of the other coaches. We seem to forget that this is just a kids game. Some of the angry threads and posts I've seen just make me wonder how many of you are on blood pressure meds..lol. The jets were 4-6 last season and still made it to the AFC championship game .....now I don't truely think we can duplicate that but for those who need something to hope for ..there it is. I have a problem with people calling for Jobs in the middle of the season...I have called for players to be benched in favor of who I think is better but not calling for anyones job right now....what am I trying to say?.......Just stop whining its just a game.

I saw the media hit on the 4-6 jets last year and made ..well if I recall the jets had the #1 defense last year too while being 4-6 .. I have serious doubts that this offense can keep up with the defense when it comes to scoring points (and we have a good offense)

yes this is just a game. It is entertainment. however I don't blame people for calling out someone job. esp when the entertainment has barely sniffed getting into the playoffs and possibly the superbowl. Is 5 years too much to ask to turn something around in the NFL? AJ will be 30+ and no playoff appearance (esp if there is a lockout). Sure AJ isn't going to gripe but every player/fan dreams of seeing his team doing damage in the playoffs.

Bottom line with 4 years of drafting defense since the Texans said they are building up the defense to beat Manning and we are sitting with a defense that is arguably worst in franchise history. and ,as a team,we will meddle at .500 again (if we make it too .500).What is a fan to do when they spend there time,money and/or energy year after year.

The good news is even though we are bitching about the coaches/players late Sunday and during the week, you can bet on Sunday we are there again, watching the game and rooting again for the Texans
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Stop whining about people whining.
Old 11-22-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like you, but this thread was like drinking warm milk on a hot day. Bad idea.
Old 11-22-2010   #7
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Doing a shaker weight motion up and down at the title of this thread.........

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-22-2010   #8
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21537 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, it's just a game, and this is a forum set up specifically to talk about that game. If this were a forum set up to talk about deep, meaningful subjects, hardly anyone would still be griping about a football team's performance.

But this is Texans Talk. We talk about the Texans here, and we don't have many positive things about which to talk so we gripe and whine as we have every right to do.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #9
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Doing a shaker weight motion up and down at the title of this thread.........

Must spread rep yada yada... you deserve one, someone hit him with some rep... because ^^^ THATS FUNNY! LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
Yes, it's just a game, and this is a forum set up specifically to talk about that game. If this were a forum set up to talk about deep, meaningful subjects, hardly anyone would still be griping about a football team's performance.

But this is Texans Talk. We talk about the Texans here, and we don't have many positive things about which to talk so we gripe and whine as we have every right to do.
Rep your way.
Old 11-22-2010   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

No one should have bitched when Star Wars: Episode 1 came out. "Stop whining about Jar Jar Binks. It's just a movie."

Bobby's really been alive this whole time. Turns out the whole season you watched last year was only a dream, but, "stop whining about it. It's just a TV show. The Cliff Barnes storyline was solid."

New Coke tastes like Pepsi after it sat in a hot car for a whole afternoon. "Don't whine about it. It's just a soft drink."

Metallica cuts their hair and starts playing radio-friendly music. "Stop your whining. It's just music. After all, we've got the Goo-Goo Dolls and Collective Soul to listen to now, anyway."
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #12
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Must spread rep yada yada... you deserve one, someone hit him with some rep... because ^^^ THATS FUNNY! LOL
ditto. must spread...

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Little league football is just a kid's game.

The NLF is a multi-billion dollar sports entertainment league played by men with people's jobs and futures depending on performance of the product on the field.

And you're delusional if you cannot comprehend the passion that fans have for the game. Perhaps you should go play bingo or something equally mundane if reading the opinions of fans bothers you so much. Bitching about fans expressing their passion and love for the team is pretty goofy, especially the day after another tough loss.
Old 11-22-2010   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #15
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post

Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Rep your way.
+1
Old 11-22-2010   #16
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Little league football is just a kid's game.

The NLF is a multi-billion dollar sports entertainment league played by men with people's jobs and futures depending on performance of the product on the field.

And you're delusional if you cannot comprehend the passion that fans have for the game. Perhaps you should go play bingo or something equally mundane if reading the opinions of fans bothers you so much. Bitching about fans expressing their passion and love for the team is pretty goofy, especially the day after another tough loss.

When I read the title to the thread, what immediately came to mind was "4 Q"
Old 11-22-2010   #17
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Game?!?!? Tiddly winks is a GAME! JACKS is a GAME! Tic-tac-toe is Muff-huggin' GAME!!! This is the NFL. An elite fraternity of men who through trial and tribulation share the honor of playing one of the greatest sports in existence as a profession. It transcends being a mere GAME sir.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #18
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 776 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see your point. Screaming at the TV or calling for Kubiak's (or any other coach's head) head in mid-season isn't going to make things better for the Texans. (I'm not going to compare Kubiak to the truly rudderless Wade who really lost control and his team just quit on him; at least the Texans still fight back for Kubiak.) It's not going to make things better on people who already take medication.

I'm a perspective-first guy, which many sports fans apparently are not (there was an interesting tidbit that once came out and described men who took out their frustrations on their significant others in the wake of their favorite sports teams losing significant games; reports of higher rates where women went to shelters after Super Bowls and World Cups...).

At the most, I merely get up and quickly wave my fist if the Texans score a cool TD or snag a turnover...then sit down again. If the Texans screw up, I calmy look at the ceiling.

I've also read Kubiak referred to as "Kubi-ass" or "Kubi-ape." Again, pointless and really shows a mean-spirited quality in certain people that probably extends beyond football.

What's funny is that the Texans are only two games out of first with six games left. So this Sunday, if they take care of business on the really beleaguered Titans, if the NY Giants take care of business on the Jags, and if the Chargers start their annual late season surge on the Colts...look out! The Texans would be only one game behind any leader in the AFC South!

The door is still open...we've seen crazy swings in the NFL of the past few years. C'mon, people.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We are Fans we we like to talk and discuss football
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
Stop whining about people whining.
Stop whining about people whining about people whining.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read