Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #1
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The new DC

Now assume that McNair sticks with Kubiak.

Who is out there who could fix the defense?

I'm looking at who is going to get fired this year and how about Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis or John Fox?

John Fox was even a secondary coach on the way up?

How about promoting Kollar?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #2
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The new DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Old 11-21-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Me!

HJam72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Me!
Couldn't do much worse.
Old 11-21-2010   #5
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Now assume that McNair sticks with Kubiak.

Who is out there who could fix the defense?

I'm looking at who is going to get fired this year and how about Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis or John Fox?

John Fox was even a secondary coach on the way up?

Why promote Koller? The D-line hasn't exactly been great.
Old 11-21-2010   #6
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Why promote Koller? The D-line hasn't exactly been great.
Strongest unit on the defense. seems like a Kubiakian/McNairian thing to do.

Not saying I would like that, just throwing ideas out.
Old 11-21-2010   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not too familiar with the potential coaches/coordinators. My ideal DC would probably be a guy that is proven, has successfully and quickly improved a defense and would be a possibility to step into the HC gig if ever needed.

One guy that comes to mind would be Sean McDermott, the DC from Philly. They run a 4-3, and are tops on the league in turnovers and sacks I believe. He's only been in this position for a year or two so I really doubt he's a possibility for our DC.

I believe and current DC would need to be promoted to DC/ assistant head coach? I also think Kollar is asst hc so not sure what all the rules are.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #8
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm not too familiar with the potential coaches/coordinators. My ideal DC would probably be a guy that is proven, has successfully and quickly improved a defense and would be a possibility to step into the HC gig if ever needed.

One guy that comes to mind would be Sean McDermott, the DC from Philly. They run a 4-3, and are tops on the league in turnovers and sacks I believe. He's only been in this position for a year or two so I really doubt he's a possibility for our DC.

I believe and current DC would need to be promoted to DC/ assistant head coach? I also think Kollar is asst hc so not sure what all the rules are.
I wouldn't promote an internal candidate if we can. I would try and bring in someone new altogether if possible. We need fresh eyeballs to see the defense and see what we can to do fix this team.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade phillps and switch to a 3-4 if he wants 2 do that

ZImmer

i dont know i dont get payed to scout LOL

We just need a new one is all i know someone who isnt kubes buddy and lets get a New GM while we are at it that is the DC buddy LOL

LIke it our NOt Kubes will lose a little COntrol of this Team rather he likes it or not if he stays all he will have to worry about is tha O
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #10
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

John Fox! Unfortunately, I think someone may scoop him up for head coach.
Old 11-21-2010   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a name nobody is talking about: Dick Jauron. He was the D Coordinator in Jax where they went to the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years there? Currently he is a DB coach in Philly.

Not a head coach, perhaps a better coordinator.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #12
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Here is a name nobody is talking about: Dick Jauron. He was the D Coordinator in Jax where they went to the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years there? Currently he is a DB coach in Philly.

Not a head coach, perhaps a better coordinator.
Thanks for bringing that name up, he would be worth kicking the tyres on.
Old 11-21-2010   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

interesting you mentioned him. Prior to jim johnson dying, he had no prior coordinator experience. I believe he was in the exact same position Bush was in before JJ died. Yet he's had success & Bush hasn't. The difference? he's got horses & we've got a team with too many jackasses.

If i had my pick, i'd like to see marvin lewis here. He's got a track record as a a good defensive coach & a pretty good eye for the kind of talent it requires. He can also step in as HC if we need him to.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #14
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Tomlin's reaction upon learning Frank Bush still has a job ......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read