Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2010   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default So I missed the game ...

Well, I wouldn't say "missed", Bob. But I gather that we lost. Darn shame, that. Seems like the tried and true Texans that find new and interesting ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory never left after all.

Anyone still thinking better than 7-9?

On the plus side, I had a great day fishing.
Old 11-21-2010   #2
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So I missed the game ...

I watched until the 3rd and then had to leave my grandmothers. Good thing or I would have thrown the remote into the television.
Old 11-21-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Well, I wouldn't say "missed", Bob. But I gather that we lost. Darn shame, that. Seems like the tried and true Texans that find new and interesting ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory never left after all.

I'm glad someone had a good day. Where were you fishing and what did you catch?
Old 11-22-2010   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Started off at Freeport and moved my way east throughout the day. Caught flounder, black drum, redfish, whiting, and rocks. The tackle-to-fish ratio barely worked out in my favor, LOL.

The more I catch up with this game, the more I kind of just laugh. This offense is consistently bad in the first half, and the defense is bad all game long. Fans need to back off and send a message to McNair, but they won't.
Old 11-22-2010   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in Port Aransas this weekend. Got home around 7 pm last night and watched the game, since I DVR'd it, at 8 pm.

It was an unfortunate loss for the Texans, but it had no bearing on my weekend.
Old 11-22-2010   #6
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You'd have to see it to believe it... but save yourself some pain and don't. The way it played out was EPIC FAIL. 1st feeling good, then real bad, then on cloud nine, then the worst pain I've felt all season. Even worse than the Jags game to me. Aggravated my ulcer something bad... but I can't help but kill myself painfully with this team.

In the grand scheme of things, I am Nick Cage, and the Texans are my alcohol. If you've ever seen "Leaving Las Vegas" you'll understand. However, for a brief moment at the end of the game I felt more like Elizabeth Shue being... well, you know where I am going with this.

*edit* just read that you did watch... at least you had a good weekend. Also bolded last paragraph because I am fairly serious about feeling that way.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I guess the numbers need to climb for the Texans to take notice, but what you say just illustrates the disillusionment I feel as well. I'm not a rich man, and I certainly had to save hard and tighten the belt to pay for my season tickets every year. But I'm a fan. I bought jerseys, I bought concessions, I bought tickets, I bought programs. How do you take a normal guy that does all that and turn him into Mr. Apathetic?

These days, I try and watch the games, but I stay home and watch from the comfort of my couch on the glory of HD. I pause and rewind, I skip commercials, and I have great beer for way better prices. I have great food in my kitchen and approximately $2500 more a year to pay for other things. And the further removed I am from the day that I relinquished my PSLs and tickets, the less remorse I feel.
Old 11-22-2010   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
*edit* just read that you did watch... at least you had a good weekend.
Not yet. I recorded it, and I'll probably watch it this evening, or at least watch the FFwd version of it.
Old 11-22-2010   #9
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I was in Port Aransas this weekend. Got home around 7 pm last night and watched the game, since I DVR'd it, at 8 pm.

Glad to see someone comes to my neck of the woods (beach) once in a while.

I was in Edinburg yesterday picking up the grandkids. Got home in time to see the last half of the 4th quarter. All I could do was laugh. I am beyond the point of getting mad anymore. I really don't care what they do for the rest of the season. I have watched 9 years of this and I'm determined not to let it bother me this year. I sported the pink soap last year only to see Kubiak get extended and ruin another year of football for Texan fans. If this coaching staff isn't replaced after this season then I'm won't watch them next year. This year I was at least smart enough not to buy tickets. I'm really frustrated with the whole mess that is the Texans.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Glad to see someone comes to my neck of the woods (beach) once in a while.

I was in Edinburg yesterday picking up the grandkids. Got home in time to see the last half of the 4th quarter. All I could do was laugh. I am beyond the point of getting mad anymore. I really don't care what they do for the rest of the season. I have watched 9 years of this and I'm determined not to let it bother me this year. I sported the pink soap last year only to see Kubiak get extended and ruin another year of football for Texan fans. If this coaching staff isn't replaced after this season then I'm won't watch them next year. This year I was at least smart enough not to buy tickets. I'm really frustrated with the whole mess that is the Texans.
That's a shame. They'll be better someday, just not now.
Old 11-24-2010   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's a shame. They'll be better someday, just not now.
I'd love to visit with you and grill and party before and after the game but this year just has been a major disappointment. I had an offer for some tickets for this weekends game and I turned em down. I'm just tired of the mediocre football that has been in Houston since the Texans came to town. Bob McNair needs to step back and look at the whole picture instead of just his profits. Eventually even die hard koolaid drinking fans will turn on him if he doesn't get this team going in the right direction. Kubiak is not the right direction.

If McNair continues to be the same old McNair then I'd bet money he fires Bush and keeps Kubiak again. The guy is patient and loyal to a friggin fault. Naming his horse after Caper's wife should have been our 1st clue. Giving Carr an extension before cutting him should have been our 2nd. The guy wants to be good in a cut throat business. So far it isn't working.

One more thing I want to bring up. A few years ago Vinny pointed out that the scouting department should be looked at because they are the ones responsible for all the early round crap you see on this team. If your scouts suck then your drafts suck.

http://old.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=6136
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read