Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Should Kubiak be the Head Coach next season?
Yes 10 11.24%
No 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2010   #1
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 11 Kubiak Poll

Same question as last week.....Should Kubiak be here next year?

Yes or no question. The labor situation and/or potential replacements do NOT factor into this equation.

This week, it's private as per mod request.

This is a purely scientific poll. If you don't like this poll, then your issue isn't with me, it's with the pursuit of science itself.

I understand that because I'm not a big fan of history....especially since 2002.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Week 11 Kubiak Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

Yes or no question. The labor situation and/or potential replacements do NOT factor into this equation.

This is a purely scientific poll. If you don't like this poll, then your issue isn't with me, it's with the pursuit of science itself.

I understand that because I'm not a big fan of history....especially since 2002.
Make it a poll, and I might vote

Edit: Ya snuck it in after I posted
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone will wonder who voted yes so I will own it.

I like Kubiak. He still has the players on his side it seems which says something. He has us putting out a very good (although inconsistent offense, I blame poor QB play), he makes good halftime adjustments and I am a HUGE believer in stability leading to success.

I would though say I want him here with a brand new, proven Defensive Co-Ordinator and a big commitment to defense in free agency and the draft.
Old 11-21-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The link below will take you to a page for the word No in 520 languages.

http://users.elite.net/runner/jennifers/no.htm

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #5
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I for one am tired of the Gary Kubiak show...I want a HC who himself is accountable and who makes his assistants accountable and his players as well. I want a HC who knows how to make ajustments during the game. I want a HC who isn't so arrogant that he rigidly sticks to a gameplan that is not working. I want a HC who can manage the game and the clock. I don't want a good ole boy that everybody just loves and loves to play for but nobody respects.
I haven't seen any real improvements in five years in the things that kill this team on a weelky basis. Yes the offense is better....sporadically. Part of the problem is that the offense never makes it to the stadium until the second half. A good HC would find a way to fix that. Five years and we are still basically .500, and who knows if we win wnother game this year. maybe next week against a third string QB and the Titans. we will see.
As for the poll question...not just No but Hell no.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Just when I don't think it's possible for this team to lose any worse than they did........they top it the very next week. I'm tired of watching "historic losses" under a lame duck coach...the obvious answer is no and we need to move on.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #7
MFG16
Veteran

Rep Power: 300 MFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respectedMFG16 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I like Kubiak. He still has the players on his side it seems which says something. He has us putting out a very good (although inconsistent offense, I blame poor QB play), he makes good halftime adjustments and I am a HUGE believer in stability leading to success.

I would though say I want him here with a brand new, proven Defensive Co-Ordinator and a big commitment to defense in free agency and the draft.
If McNair decides to keep Kubiak, I would want the bolded to happen. I think building through the draft is the right way to build a team, but you can't just completely ignore free agency. Veteran defensive players and a proven DC can really do wonders for the young talent on the D. I would also throw in trades as well.
MFG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2010   #8
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Mr. White, I normally dont do this but why are we doing another one of these polls?

I feel like we have run this thing into the ground and I can honestly say that about 95% of the members on this board do not want him here.

Dont get bent out of shape about what Im saying, just take it with a grain of salt. Just saying, you can probably click on any thread in the forum and every single one will be bashing him.

No brain teaser here. Kick his ass to the curb.
Old 11-21-2010   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes IMO this game didnt hurt Kubes

All this did was prove that the D is the problem and the O has been playing pretty well in fact more the well Great
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #10
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Somewhat disregard my last post. Didnt read this part.
Old 11-21-2010   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
Sorry Mr. White, I normally dont do this but why are we doing another one of these polls?

I feel like we have run this thing into the ground and I can honestly say that about 95% of the members on this board do not want him here.

Dont get bent out of shape about what Im saying, just take it with a grain of salt. Just saying, you can probably click on any thread in the forum and every single one will be bashing him.

No brain teaser here. Kick his ass to the curb.
No offense taken. There was a little talk about making this thread a weekly occurrence, so I figured I'd try it out again.

The results last week were overwhelming, but the poll was public. I figured that the results might be a little different if the poll was private.

That's not looking like the case.
Old 11-21-2010   #12
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Yeah, but making it private is messing with my scientific research.... without names my research is skewed, of course, I can go back and look at the other poll and deduce, but is that truly scientific?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #13
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

I respect your opinions, but, haven't we already spent enough time, money and energy on the defense already? I don't know the numbers, but it wouldn't shock me if we weren't one of the most expensive defenses in the NFL.

Also, yes, stability does lead to success, but you have to look at the NFL as a whole. Have you noticed that there are a ton of teams that roughly have the same record? Guess why? Parity. Anyone can win in the NFL, and it doesn't take 5 years to re-build a team.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #14
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

All this did was prove that the D is the problem and the O has been playing pretty well in fact more the well Great
Are you smoking crack? Guess who is overall responsible for the defense? A hint: His initials are GK.

Give me a break.
Old 11-21-2010   #15
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

No Kubiak shouldn't but he will be becasue McNair A: doesn't want to admit failure for the 2nd time in 10 years and B: Is not going to pay out a coach and pay a new coach if there is a lockout next season...

Because of the bargaining agreement not secure for next season, a coaching change would be absolutely the wrong time and unfortunately we Texans fans might have to put up with this one more year...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010   #16
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
No Kubiak shouldn't but he will be becasue McNair A: doesn't want to admit failure for the 2nd time in 10 years and B: Is not going to pay out a coach and pay a new coach if there is a lockout next season...

Because of the bargaining agreement not secure for next season, a coaching change would be absolutely the wrong time and unfortunately we Texans fans might have to put up with this one more year...
As a season ticket holder, I would be much more comfortable taking a chance on a new coach in the face of a lockdown than I would choking down another year of Kubiak.

And, I know several other season ticket holders who have said the same thing.

Damn a bargaining agreement. Time to clean house up in this mofo.
Old 11-21-2010   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post

The offense has been just as bad as the defense the last 2 weeks....if not worse.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No offense taken. There was a little talk about making this thread a weekly occurrence, so I figured I'd try it out again.
Please keep putting up this poll until he's gone.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #19
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12880 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to vote yes - I really did. I like Kubiak, and I think he brought this team light years forward from where they were when he arrived. I feel that the team has had some unlucky breaks, and I don't pin all the blame on Kubiak for these losses. The team has been in a position to win most weeks, and I blame the players more than Kubiak.

But, it's also clear that the combination of these players and Kubiak is just not getting it done. Early in the year, I was very optimistic because the Texans were finding ways to win the close games. Now they have regressed, and are losing the close ones. If nothing else, the last few weeks have shown that Kubiak is not able to give this team what it needs to get over that last hump.

Sometimes a coaching change is what's needed to give the team that slight push that moves them forward. I think you see this with the Cowboys this year, and one of the best examples, to me, was Gruden getting that little bit extra from Dungy's team.

So yeah, much as I hate to vote that way, I have to say it's time for Kubiak to go.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

7 vote up. 62 vote down. (10.14% and 89.86%.) Looks like Kubes is gaining a little ground.

Last week, it was 10-120 (7.69% and 92.31%.)

I guess making this poll private really makes a difference

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read